Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

mmm Turbo sneak peak and 01-03Grill on my 05!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
wrapping that pipe wont work......trust me i tried! again and again. tomorrow i will send the pics to u and a pic of that pipe and u will see exactly what i mean.
Old 08-28-2006
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
if you click on my user name and go to "see my ride" you will see some of the pictures i have already loaded.
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
okie dokie...

but i know this kit was used and that pipe doesnt look like much rubbing...maybe a shield will work...
Old 08-28-2006
Premium Member

or just take it to an exhaust shop and they can fab u a new one for less than $20. i did and i am glad i did. cured that headache!
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
ill figure out something...

cant wait to just get my emanage!!
Old 08-28-2006
Premium Member

you may never have this issue but for some reason i did and i bought it new from another member. just remeber it may look fine when fitting it but a engine will shift when driveing.
Old 08-28-2006
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
nice, just the gap on the grill but still nice, especially the boost
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by drunkenmagnum
you may never have this issue but for some reason i did and i bought it new from another member. just remeber it may look fine when fitting it but a engine will shift when driveing.
yeh ill be sure to look at that during install...

int he mean time can you get a pic of that at all or no? its fine if you cant...

did you build the motor at all? upgrade your clutch?

196 @ 10psi eh? not bad!!
Old 08-28-2006
Premium Member

uprade the clutch is a must if you plan on takeing it to the track. i originally made 176hp with the kit by itself.but have added to it since then.i also have the comp cam, springs and retaners now and i know the engine can make more power with a little massageing.
also i just had to replace the head gasket.i think the boost had a lot todo with this. again you may not have to worry about this but be warned- it is hard to go slow with that turbo spooling up all the time. all u want to do is floor it!
oh and put bigger injectors in there.
Old 08-29-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by drunkenmagnum
uprade the clutch is a must if you plan on takeing it to the track. i originally made 176hp with the kit by itself.but have added to it since then.i also have the comp cam, springs and retaners now and i know the engine can make more power with a little massageing.
also i just had to replace the head gasket.i think the boost had a lot todo with this. again you may not have to worry about this but be warned- it is hard to go slow with that turbo spooling up all the time. all u want to do is floor it!
oh and put bigger injectors in there.
bigger injectors? you mean you maxxed out type s injectors?

you made 176 at 7psi? i think thats what its set up for originally...

and how does the stock tsi bov sound? i dont think im gonna like it..thats why i bought the ssqv...

Last edited by Boost_Junkie; 08-29-2006 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-29-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
better take pics.... not rainin anymore lol
Old 08-29-2006
Registered!!

yes i have class 1230-315 today, and after that ill snap pics and upload them!! OK!!!
Old 08-29-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
nice......
Old 08-29-2006
Registered!!

ian01ex is an unknown quantity at this point
Which kit did you get from tsi. I saw they had like 3 or 4 for the d17.
Old 08-29-2006
Premium Member

i ment bigger injectors over the stock ones
Old 08-29-2006
im a psychopath...what are you looking at?

claudeboi is an unknown quantity at this point
how bout the PCS fuel management??? i think you should consider that!!!
Old 08-29-2006
Registered!!

ughh ill get the picture tomorrow after i got out of class i hit the bar today...tomorrow i swear...
Old 08-30-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
try to use T bolt clamps only! it will save you alot of aggrevation!
Old 08-30-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
nice
Old 08-30-2006
Boosted 04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
joshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nice
werd boost junkie

keeping it sick with the boosted 04-05 thats what i like to see. get more pics of the grill i might buy one and make it fit better if its pretty close.

Repped
Old 08-30-2006
Registered!!

heres the pics of the grill...you can see how the 01-03 is more rigid and i guess you can smooth them out but whatever i dont care...its hell of a lot better than stock or home depot mesh

Old 08-30-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
that kit is sick. the grill looks really good
Old 08-30-2006
Banned

u still have that home depot mesh??? ill buy it off u lol
Old 08-30-2006
Registered!!

naw i threw it away...thats what $1.50 haha

and this was $29 shipped...so whatever just buy it!! with minor modding you can filling the gaps...

are you happy!! you made me post pics of my car dirty god!!
Old 08-31-2006
Banned

Originally Posted by Boost_Junkie
naw i threw it away...thats what $1.50 haha

and this was $29 shipped...so whatever just buy it!! with minor modding you can filling the gaps...

are you happy!! you made me post pics of my car dirty god!!
hahahah THANKS! +1 for u my friend..... anywanys i think it would looks better if that bottom peice painted in blue... soo it blend in wit the bottom part from the OEM grille..... i might do that
Old 08-31-2006
Registered!!

ehhh i thought about that...but my mirrors are black and i didnt paint my lip...plus i plan on getting a cf hood so i think it will all blend...especially with the black fmic
Old 08-31-2006
Boosted 04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
joshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nice
ehhh i thought about that...but my mirrors are black and i didnt paint my lip...plus i plan on getting a cf hood so i think it will all blend...especially with the black fmic

booo keep the fmic silver.....Im trying to get someone good with a rattle can to tag my fmic, i think it would be pretty cool.
Old 09-01-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by joshb_
booo keep the fmic silver.....Im trying to get someone good with a rattle can to tag my fmic, i think it would be pretty cool.
are you still turbo? cause i remember you testing waters on selling your kit and stuff??
Old 09-01-2006
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute
heres the pics of the grill...you can see how the 01-03 is more rigid and i guess you can smooth them out but whatever i dont care...its hell of a lot better than stock or home depot mesh

wow that looks great! i always wanted that grill but wasnt sure about the fitment bc i know our models are "wider" in the front. I guess now imma get one!!!!
Old 09-01-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
dam son...that **** looks tight!!!!

Quick Reply: mmm Turbo sneak peak and 01-03Grill on my 05!!