Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

here's my car (dropped) updated (erased the old one)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EM2 Shinobi is an unknown quantity at this point
not bad at all
great drop

get those windows tinted!
Old 08-27-2006
The Jackal

dajackal will become famous soon enoughdajackal will become famous soon enough
thank you for the compliment...i'll surely do your suggestion...i was planning to have it tinted but im having a hard time looking for a good place to have my car tinted. do you think 250 with 30% all around is to much or 150 just for the 3 windows in the back? im looking at estore honda and came across with the fog lights. 300+? for the stock fogs...does anybody know a place or a site that sells stock fog lights for an 04? thank you in advance..before i forgot, hmotorsonline or passwordjdm have fogs but its yellow for 129 which is not bad but i wish they were clear...

*note* if you see a typo...im sorry.

Last edited by dajackal; 08-27-2006 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-27-2006
Registered!!

jball63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dajackal
thank you for the compliment...i'll surely do your suggestion...i was planning to have it tinted but im having a hard time looking for a good place to have my car tinted. do you think 250 with 30% all around is to much or 150 just for the 3 windows in the back? im looking at estore honda and came across with the fog lights. 300+? for the stock fogs...does anybody know a place or a site that sells stock fog lights for an 04? thank you in advance..before i forgot, hmotorsonline have fogs but its yellow for 129 which is not bad but i wish they were clear...

*note* if you see a typo...im sorry.
I don't know where ur from but I guess 250 sounds reasonable. I got mine done for 200 35% all around. I would get all the windows tinted, it just looks lot cleaner.
Old 08-27-2006
The Jackal

im from socal...considering that suggestion, will the cops notice my tint if ever?(probably a lame question.sorry) now, when a higher percentage on tint, does it mean lighter or darker?
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

jball63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

im from socal...considering that suggestion, will the cops notice my tint if ever?(probably a lame question.sorry) now, when a higher percentage on tint, does it mean lighter or darker?
Ok, first check what the local laws and regulations are regarding tint. You can call your local DMV. As far as the percentage, the lower the percent the darker the tint. Ex: 35%, only 35% of the light energy is passing through and reflecting 65% of the light, and 15%, only 15% of light is passing through, reflecting 85% of light(dark as hell, illegal unless you know a place where you can get an inspection and pass it with that tint scheme). Hopefully that will answer your ques.
Old 08-28-2006
The Jackal

Originally Posted by jball63
Ok, first check what the local laws and regulations are regarding tint. You can call your local DMV. As far as the percentage, the lower the percent the darker the tint. Ex: 35%, only 35% of the light energy is passing through and reflecting 65% of the light, and 15%, only 15% of light is passing through, reflecting 85% of light(dark as hell, illegal unless you know a place where you can get an inspection and pass it with that tint scheme). Hopefully that will answer your ques.
thanks man.really appreciate it. second agenda, where do you guys think i could get a clear fog lights for an 04? i looked online and searched but my luck is not really working. all i found was those yellow ones.
Old 08-28-2006
Registered!!

ashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to behold
great looking ride, im lovin the colour and drop. check ebay for those fogs
Old 08-28-2006
Feel safe at night, sleep with a paramedic.

AmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond reputeAmbulanceMonkee has a reputation beyond repute
do you think 250 with 30% all around is to much or 150 just for the 3 windows in the back?
I got all five windows done for like $175, but that's upstate NY, not CA.

The only time I've had a cop say anything about the tint was when I got pulled over for something else. It was raining, and I rolled the window down about half way, so I wouldn't get as wet. (I know, dumb@$$ move in retrospect) The cop said "Please roll your window down the rest of way, which is illegal too, by the way", meaning the tint. He ended up not writing me for anything, because of professional courtesy. They know if they get shot, it's us medics that are going to save their @$$E$. I spoke with another cop I run into often at work, and his theory was that as long as he can thru the window, he won't write you. He did mention writing someone for like 7% tint once. Moral of the story?? If you don't drive like an @$$, or have loud music/exhaust, most cops won't pull you over just to check your tint, at least not where I live. You should be ok with 30-50%. Also, like someone else said, check your local laws, because in NY, the 70% restriction only applies to front driver and passenger sides, not the rear side windows or the back. Check my profile pics, i think mine is 30% on the front two and 15% on the other 3.
Old 08-30-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
good info here, was a lil confused about tint percentages until jabl dropped some knowledge.

But about cops- believe it or not, they actually have a tint tester with them. Rediculous I know... but my friend got pulled over (for a U turn) and they checked his tint- turned out to be a little darker then 35% (the limit here), I think it was 33%- they let him go w/o a ticket for the tint but made him drop 250+ on the Uturn.

Think about it... guns and drugs are a lot more a priority then windows that are a few percentage points darker. Unless the cop has his nightstick up his as$ then your cool.

I think i'm going to tint everything but the winsheild in a few days... not sure what percentage- maybe 40?
Old 08-30-2006
Registered!!

slowcivic2die4 is an unknown quantity at this point
What kind of wheels are those?
Old 08-30-2006
The Jackal

hehehe...foose wheels...i wish...joke...its a kyowa KR228 Hyper Black