Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Totaled My Civic =[ UPDATED WITH PICS [56k maybe]

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nyte will become famous soon enoughNyte will become famous soon enough
Totaled My Civic =[ UPDATED WITH PICS [56k maybe]

So the other day i was leaving the gas station looking towards the street trying to make a left. the street that i had to cut across from and turn left onto was all backed up. so this truck waved me through so i can go through and take a left. well....i trusted him and before you know it, and kid goes into the left turn lane smashing into me. which forces my car into the left turn lane facing the intersection of 111th and 59. everyone was fine. the kid's airbags went off but mine didnt. I'm not really sure whose fault it is. i think its both our fault because he cut though many turn lanes to get to the one i was crossing over. and he prolly wasnt paying attention cuz i was stopped to see if any cars were comming but its still my fault cuz he had the right away. if he was watching it prolly could've gotten avoided.but still my fault for trusting a truck and blocking my view for oncomming cars and having my nose stick out into the other turn lane. right now it sits at the tow yard waiting for the insurance company and body shop to figure wat to do. Good thing is that he didnt touch my rims =D.

Update: According to the tow owner, the car runs fine since he had to drive it into the back lot. i turned the car on and it sounded fine. just gotta see what the bodyshop says. prolly this afternoon or tomorrow.

Doubled checked the rims and they are fine

There's my mom, lol my support

Left Fender

Right Fender [edge of the hood got bent prolly from opening the hood, my bad =\ ]

Last edited by Nyte; 08-23-2006 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Pics
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
damn dude that sucks at least your okay and your rims i guess its time for basics..
Old 08-22-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
this topic is usless
without pics
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

PiinkSox will become famous soon enough
aw that sucks =( but you're okay =)
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC
this topic is usless
without pics
Well first i didnt have my camera, and secondly why would i think about taking pics when i'm talking to the kids and making sure they're alright and talking to the cops and the fireman whats happening. My car got totalled in a busy intersection, who has time to think about taking pics.
Old 08-22-2006
Go Team Venture!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
sorry to hear.. glad yer ok... i got wrecked a week ago tomorrow...

where ya from....
hows yer right fender, p/s windshield wiper arm, front bumper(the metal one not the cover), p/s hood hinge and yer radiator bracket doing...

i know i know.. friggin scavengers...
Old 08-22-2006
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
its good that your ok and your rims are ok too.
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by againifall
sorry to hear.. glad yer ok... i got wrecked a week ago tomorrow...

where ya from....
hows yer right fender, p/s windshield wiper arm, front bumper(the metal one not the cover), p/s hood hinge and yer radiator bracket doing...

i know i know.. friggin scavengers...
i'm from Naperville, IL. This happened on Route 59 and 111th around 1PM today. I dont know how long it'll take me to get my car back. Insurance...Court...The body shop. Maybe 2 months the most, i dunno. hopefully alot sooner
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

jAhblK01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Glad to hear your ok. Yeah man getting people to wave you on is not a good thing. That is the same thing that happened to me. Usually i try to be careful as to who to wave in and were. cause most people are just being nice but not looking out for your safety. Hope everything works out with the insurance..
Old 08-22-2006
Go Team Venture!

againifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of lightagainifall is a glorious beacon of light
o man im feelin ya... i just got a call from the shop... they finally put a wrench to my car.. the sub frame is all jacked.. raidiators twisted.. now they need to work up a second quote with my insurance... its going to be atleast 2 months before i get my car back if they dont just total it... god i hope they total it...

just be glad you didnt shatter bones in yer hand like i did...
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
good thing you're ok. is insurance gonna total the car or repair it?
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
good thing you're ok. is insurance gonna total the car or repair it?
I think repair it but i havent heard from them yet so i dunno.

updated with pics

Last edited by Nyte; 08-23-2006 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-23-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
***** not totalled.

I wrecked mine twice WAYYYYY worse.

Looks alright man.
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC
***** not totalled.

I wrecked mine twice WAYYYYY worse.

Looks alright man.
Its not as bad as some other crashes on this forum but i still think its pretty bad. the front top frame where the hood latch is connected too is bent and not sure if any of my engine componets are messed up. all i know is that the engine is running bu not sure if anything is leaking.
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

cheukkin is an unknown quantity at this point
that's sux......at least your mom is ok..
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by cheukkin
that's sux......at least your mom is ok..
lol my mom wasnt in the accident, i took these pics at the tow yard. she drove me there since i dont have a car to drive any more =[
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
sorry to hear about that at least ur ok and ur rims lol
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Civicman1988
sorry to hear about that at least ur ok and ur rims lol
Haha yeah man, i just wonder how long its gonna take to get repaired. right now i have no ride and just using my mom's '99 civic sedan. lol
Old 08-23-2006
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
dont think thats a total loss, they probably going to just fix it, I hate it when that happens cause I would want a new car if I got into an accident with the car.
Old 08-23-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Civic_RedLine
dont think thats a total loss, they probably going to just fix it, I hate it when that happens cause I would want a new car if I got into an accident with the car.
lol yeah, i was so glad i didint lower the car yet , cuz when they put it on that tow truck, it was just enough not to scratch anything. now if i lowered it...that'd be a diff story. :
Old 08-23-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
glad youre alright.
your car is not totalled.... basically to be totalled, the engine/transmission need to be involved. Chassis/frame damage can be bent back.
Old 08-24-2006
Registered!!

xiskylineix is an unknown quantity at this point
that sucks!! glad to see your alright! nice wheels by the way.
Old 08-24-2006
im stock now! T.T

Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CuRiOuSfIsH
glad youre alright.
your car is not totalled.... basically to be totalled, the engine/transmission need to be involved. Chassis/frame damage can be bent back.
not neccisarily, all it has to be is damage=more than kbb value=total loss.
Old 08-24-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
aw, good luck with everything man
Old 08-24-2006
420 Member

BlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura about
thats not totalled i was expecting a flipped car that was bent in half, still sorry it happened though
Old 08-24-2006
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
^ whats his mom gotta do with it?

But fahreals, i thought it was going to be way worse when i read the topic. Totaly fixable. You'll be out on the road red-lining in no time.
Old 08-24-2006
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
Glad to hear you and the kids are ok. That's wierd about your airbag not going off. When they fix your car you should have them double-check your airbag. The damage dosn't look too bad.
Old 08-24-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
damn, I feel sorry for you man, glad youre ok, time for an Si or type-s
Old 08-24-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by InanimateCarbonRod
Glad to hear you and the kids are ok. That's wierd about your airbag not going off. When they fix your car you should have them double-check your airbag. The damage dosn't look too bad.
airbags didnt go off cuz the kid hit the top corner of my bumper. but yeah he had to be going fast enough to make that kind of damage though. gotta go to court sometime next week so they can hear both sides of the story and decide whose at fault. but i got a ticket for not yielding..

And insurance is covering it. Its sitting at the bodyshop right now, dunno when they're gonna start. prolly after the kids insurance company takes a look at it.
Old 08-24-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
damn man that sucks....nice wheels tho

Quick Reply: Totaled My Civic =[ UPDATED WITH PICS [56k maybe]