Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Should I be pissed or not?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
Should I be pissed or not?

Thanks to a pm from tuner04civic, I have been informed that the folks over at http://buyspoilers.com/ have decided to use pics of my car in their advertisement, without my consent. What's you guys' and gals' thoughts on the matter?

I have already sent them and email asking the whys and what they intend to do about it. I may end up calling them later this week cause it looks like they took the pics straight off my cardomain page and cropped them a bit to hide the stadium backdrop. And they had the nerve to slap their logo across the pics to proclaim that they are "theirs". WTF??
Old 08-22-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
i would definatley contact them and ask why they did it and bitch at them
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
i would bitch like crazy, and tell them you want money!
Old 08-22-2006
2 cups sweety 8 cups bitch
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Suzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond reputeSuzy Q has a reputation beyond repute
yea get money
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
sue them for not asking to use your car...
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

flipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enoughflipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enough
yea, get money from them
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

2k1_sedan is an unknown quantity at this point
How did they get pics of your car in the first place?
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

find out how long its been and everything...make them pay for all that...
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

wicivic is an unknown quantity at this point
get money then give me a loan... thanks
Old 08-22-2006

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 2k1_sedan
How did they get pics of your car in the first place?
why dont you read n00b
Old 08-22-2006
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
Hehe... That's funny... Taken from Terms and conditions page.

All pictures in www.worksaerodynamics.com, www.buyspoilers.com, and www.worksvanrack.com are all property of The Works Wholesale Incorporated. For permission to use web-site or pictures please call us @ 888-497-9555 or e-mail us.

Threaten to Sue... Be honest though the only thing that they will do is to remove your images. As far as paying royalties, not very likely.

Hmmmm... Wasn't there another Civic owner on here that had their specs posted promoting another product? This is some major deja vu.
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

BRED civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Sick vic btw, but check this out. It was in there terms and conditions...in small print

All pictures in worksaerodynamics.com, buyspoilers.com, and worksvanrack.com are all property of The Works Wholesale Incorporated. For permission to use web-site or pictures please call us @ 888-497-9555 or e-mail us.

They didnt exactly give you a call or email to use your picture.
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
that sucks...hopefully it works out for ya
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
hhahahaha i told tuner about that and sent him a link asking which was his body kit oh man go me
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
mackey AccessPhoto Member

there is a similar thread on this at www.accessphoto.com

..."When you find your pictures or work on other sites or what not, first, check for all emails, CC ebay on it, or the company's own legal department(s). If they have a privacy policy posted on their site, copy the part that says "we own all the images on our site, etc etc" and kindly point out that "URL to image" is not rightly owned by them and must be taken down.

I have found a few ways to do it right, if you'd like to know more, just hit me up.

AIM: mackeydesignz"
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
its not that big of a deal. in fact i would take it as a compliment f they used good pics. just think people will know your ride. but that may not be good either. someone may see it and decide they like dit enought to steal it. i let wings west take my truck and develpo a body kit for them and also use the truck in several advertisments. budnik also got in on it and my truck was photoshpooed on their site. they shaved my door handles and made my 18's look ike 20's in the rear and also put theri logo as a banner across my rear window.
Old 08-22-2006
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by boxcarracer
hhahahaha i told tuner about that and sent him a link asking which was his body kit oh man go me
yeah i noticed that when i was trying to get a name and wanted to make sure it was his car when i searched his thread you sent me the link, lol. then you brought it up. so it was a group effort.

i would ask for compensation since they had it on for some time before you knew. then ask for future compensation since they will use it further.
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
I would contact a lawyer and find out what your legal rights and what you can do to get royalties from them. Im not sure but isnt that infringement. Also look on cardomain and see if they have any legal statements stating anything on this site is the property of cardomain. Go for the lawyer first.
Old 08-22-2006
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
oh it may also be a good idea for other people who made there car nice to see if there pics are up there.
Old 08-22-2006
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
Send them this, and they will take it down, but you'll never get money unless you send about 10 grand trying to sue them.

Dear [name]:

It has come to my attention that you have made an unauthorized use of my copyrighted work entitled [name of work] (the "Work") in the preparation of a work derived therefrom. I have reserved all rights in the Work, first published in [date], [and have registered copyright therein]. Your work entitled [name of infringing work] is essentially identical to the Work and clearly used the Work as its basis. [Give a few examples that illustrate direct copying.]

As you neither asked for nor received permission to use the Work as the basis for [name of infringing work] nor to make or distribute copies, including electronic copies, of same, I believe you have willfully infringed my rights under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory damages as high as $150,000 as set forth in Section 504(c)(2) therein.

I demand that you immediately cease the use and distribution of all infringing works derived from the Work, and all copies, including electronic copies, of same, that you deliver to me, if applicable, all unused, undistributed copies of same, or destroy such copies immediately and that you desist from this or any other infringement of my rights in the future. If I have not received an affirmative response from you by [date give them about 2 weeks] indicating that you have fully complied with these requirements, I shall take further action against you.

Very truly yours,
Old 08-22-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in the same boat, i don't give a **** though, but if you guys wanna see what i'm talking about then have a look here.

http://www.wheelsdirectonline.com/konig/prophet.htm

But its no big deal, cause he wouldn't have put my car up there if he didn't like it. Soooo people who order those wheels will see my car. Not bad.
Old 08-22-2006
spell check pwns you

yeah with copywright laws broken you can get them fined. i know im in photo and copywritten work is a big nono.

^^^good letter!
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

Se7enEX is an unknown quantity at this point
rofl, in the carbon fiber hood section they used Buddy Clubs EP which is showing the Buddy Club body kit, but in that site they used the same picture to advertise "THEIR" carbon fiber hood...nice lol
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by drew22mader
I'm in the same boat, i don't give a **** though, but if you guys wanna see what i'm talking about then have a look here.

But its no big deal, cause he wouldn't have put my car up there if he didn't like it. Soooo people who order those wheels will see my car. Not bad.
atleast they didnt tag theyr name all over it
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
This is what they sent me back in an email....and i quote "

i'll tell you 1 thing..... this car was the hottest of them all.... we've gotten e-mails in from all sorts of people and this was the one that caught our attention.... If this is your vehicle... No problem...we'll take the picture out ASAP... no probs....

thanks"

Antonio Redding <antonioredding@yahoo.com> wrote:
Just wondering why you guys have pics of my car on your page and I know damn well you didn't ask me to use them. FYI, I own the two-tone one. Nice job cropping the photos to cut out the stadium parking lot behind it though...

what you guys think of that? A lawyer is not out of the question, I've been a member of PrePaid Legal for quite a while now and have had nothing but good deals with them. Just wondering about whether or not I should really pursue it. I don't think I'll get any money, unless they don't take the pics down. Thanks again tuner for the heads up, + rep for you and box too, since i just finished reading all this!!
Old 08-22-2006
spell check pwns you

maybe youll get a c/f hood out of this if you pursue it further. lol.

and thanks for the rep!
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
you should contact them and tell them they can use the pics if you get parts for cost. otherwise find another car!!
Old 08-22-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by drew22mader

Drew Mader! take some action! the first email should usually be a polite email.

reading these kind of threads on forums have me putting watermarks (or atleast try to) on all of my photos i post online
Old 08-22-2006
420 Member

BlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura about
you could get money out of them as long as you have proof that ur picture was up there take a screen shot of it on there and make them pay royalties
Old 08-22-2006

haha wow

Quick Reply: Should I be pissed or not?