Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Teaser Pic!!! *UPDATED w/pics on page 4*

Old 08-03-2006
7th Gen Photographer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
^^^ Not yet... I'm doing the install tonight. I'll have final pics as part of my DIY that I'm going to write for this.
Old 08-03-2006
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
subscribing...
Old 08-03-2006
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by LogicWavelength
^^^ Not yet... I'm doing the install tonight. I'll have final pics as part of my DIY that I'm going to write for this.
Very nice can't wait to see the outcome
Old 08-03-2006
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light
lol you wont be the first ive had these already .. there very easy to install just drill the new holes out
Old 08-03-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
what do the power foldin ones look like?
Old 08-03-2006
Registered!!

myinca will become famous soon enoughmyinca will become famous soon enough
subscribed
Old 08-04-2006
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE UDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TRY THIS.

After about 4 hours of cutting, drilling, boring, dremeling, clipping, a broken door panel and more than a few tears of frustration... I think the mirrors are on enough that they won't fall off.

Here is a short list of the problems encountered:
Not a single hole lined up. At all.
One of the bolts requires that you cut off the clip that holds the tweeter in place.
Some of the holes are on a seam - making it next to impossible to drill properly.
The weather stripping doesn't fit.
I had to dremel off almost 1" of the fiberglas triangle plate in order for it to flush mount and not have a GIANT gap for water to get in.
The metal was double thick at certain points - meaning the bolts couldn't stick out far enough for the nut to be threaded.

The list goes on and on. It was an absolute nightmare of tearing apart my poor Civic's door. It may never hold a stock mirror again... it's too butchered.

Funny thing is... the fake plastic Spoon mirrors lined up fine. The realer-than-real JDM mirrors required more cutting and fabrication work that I could have imagined being necessary for something like this. Brutal... just.... friggin... brutal.

...but they sure as hell look AMAZING on my car. Pics tomorrow.
Old 08-04-2006
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light
had same problem as you with having to cut the sail panel and every hole had to be re drilled.. as far as my door panel lol.. i need new clips for that to

also had to leave the new threadfs on the mirror pushed out a lil bit so i could get sum thread to screw the nut onto it

Last edited by varner88; 08-04-2006 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-04-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
sweet man! the next time i go to AC we should do a lil shoot. about a hour north of you on the parkway!
Old 08-04-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
Those are nice
Old 08-04-2006
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
huh? Ive had them a while, and the top hole lined up and I just redrilled the 2 bottom ones.....30 min tops........hmmm
Old 08-04-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
What I don't understand is why would a company make a product for our car that doesn't even fit properly?!??!?!?!?!!?!? That's retarded... call the manufacturer and bitch... try getting a refund!
Old 08-04-2006
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
^not for our car, it's for dc2's
Old 08-04-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
lol he didnt read. i guess....
Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
its the next day where are the pics? lol i wanna see how good they look with all ur hard work u put into them!
Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

flipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enoughflipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enough
waiting for pics
Old 08-05-2006
7th Gen Photographer

Ok... here is the update you all want. I appologize that the pics aren't as slick as my teaser - but I'm in a hurry to get to work this afternoon. Here is a shot of the inside of my passenger door so you can see all the mangled, tortured drilling and pain we caused in order to get these bastards to work - and the problem with the clip. My tweeter is now puttied on until I can think of something better.

...and finally an exterior "teaser" shot. The truth is my car is AMAZINGLY DIRTY right now and it's embarrassing. I promise some more shots in the near future. P.S. - you can see my dad's '01 3.2TL that I put '04 TL rims on. it needs a drop and alignment - but he's lazy.

Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
goddang! those set off your car awesome!
Old 08-05-2006
7th Gen Photographer

I need to take pics with my better lens (my 50mm) and a polarizer - or take them at night - or both.

Then it'll really look good.
Old 08-05-2006
RHCP0801 is my hero

1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute
dirty, i dont think that car can get any cleaner
Old 08-05-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Me likeeee!!!

That looks awesome!!

Last edited by ramcosca; 08-05-2006 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

flipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enoughflipmoderacer02 will become famous soon enough
looks sweet, matches your cf hood nicely
Old 08-05-2006
- hella tite y0 -

s0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nice
wow i like it a lot.
I didnt think it woulda made a difference...boy was i wrong
Old 08-05-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
they look hot and that type-r lip makes your 01-03 front even hotter, loving your vic
Old 08-05-2006
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
Crazy awesome man! Congrats!
Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
wow nice car man and the only thing i see dirty is ur winshield but other than that man your car is awesome!
Old 08-05-2006
You bought a used dog??

def01tones will become famous soon enough
damn thats nice! i wish my hood would look like that again.
Old 08-05-2006
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
man those look good the work was well worth it flows very well!
Old 08-05-2006
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
damn man your car is clean. SOO CLEAN! I love it man. props. you got good taste..=P
Old 08-05-2006
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
nice... i love them... ilike the power folding look a lil better...but those CF look dang good

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Teaser Pic!!! *UPDATED w/pics on page 4*