Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Birthday Presents!!! 56k maybe...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
twix4o8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Birthday Presents!!! 56k maybe...

well i got these for my 21st birthday i actually bought them myself. but oh well. what do u guys think.
2005 RSX-s axleback and rear sway.

Ingalls "stiffy" torque damper.

HFP decal

hpnotic (this was a real present someone gave me)

i just have one noob question ive been driving for a week with the axleback on and i have lost a significantly amount of MPG i donno if its because the exhaust is new and im just pushing it harder than my older one, or the exhaust is causing too much airflow and im loosing MPG. i dont think it would be the exhaust bc its only an axleback nothing else. ive search but noone talked about the 05 rsx-s exhaust reviews and performance. plus is been hot and maybe too much ac i donno. anyone have this problem. dont get me wrong its the best sounding, looking exhaust its just my gas and money im loosing right now. maybe in a couple weeks itll change. but the torque damper i just put on today so havnt really tested it out can someone help out with the best adjustment for it. thanks hope u guys like the pictures of my car and thanks for looking.
Old 08-01-2006
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
i can't help you with your question, but i have one of my own. Was the rsx axleback a direct bolt on? And are there any differences between the RSX and RSX-S axlebacks?

Does it sound any different?

And how much did it cost?
Old 08-01-2006
Registered!!

ashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to behold
^^ditto for the cost/sound question
Old 08-01-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by armieo
i can't help you with your question, but i have one of my own. Was the rsx axleback a direct bolt on? And are there any differences between the RSX and RSX-S axlebacks?

Does it sound any different?

And how much did it cost?
it was not a direct bolt on i had to take it to a muffler shop and they put new hangers, cut the inlet and put a new piping on it it fit good but i wish it was a bit higher but it couldnt be bc it hit the botom of my car. but i got it for $150 shipped from miami to san jose, ca from a guy from clubrsx.com bc he bought a dc5r muffler which i heard was the same exact muffler just with a different tip so his loss my gain. i think this one has a different internals like a weird valve thing that at higher rpms it opens and let out more air i dont remember.

Originally Posted by ashtonp
^^ditto for the cost/sound question
sound is quiet like stock just a little lower perfect for sleepers my AEM CAI is louder than the muffler

Last edited by twix4o8; 08-01-2006 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-01-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
dude where u get the Ingalls "stiffy" torque damper?
Old 08-01-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
DC5R actually has a valve inside of it that, when under WOT, basically turns it into a free flow.
Old 08-01-2006
420 Member

BlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura about
You live in San Jose? I live in Santa Cruz if you ever want to meet up for a meet or anything for sure let me know
Old 08-01-2006

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Aw isn't that cute
Old 08-01-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
ahhh I remember my 21st b-day, oh wait no I dont
Old 08-01-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
nice mods man your car looks great
Old 08-01-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
The DC5R ones are different and it has a special valve to make it more free flowing but the USDM ones dont, they just look the same. I remember someone in clubrsx opened up the USDM one and it was totally different from the DC5R.........
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
i likin the wingless look!
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

thanks for all the comments but does anyone have the same problem in just adding a muffler?!?!?!
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
ooo, car looks good
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Civicman1988
dude where u get the Ingalls "stiffy" torque damper?
i got it on ebay but dezod has them on sale too.
Old 08-02-2006
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
Nice coupe, very clean!
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light
I like it.
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

well the exhaust is a little too low and scraps like crazy what do u guys think i should do. i might back it up an inch so it could fit better then by welding an inch of tubing extend the tip a little making it flush witht the car or do u guys think im might look like a hack job??? and the damper shakes alot on idle but shifting and the response is amazing anyone knoe how to fix the shakes or atleast reduce it.
Old 08-02-2006

It looks like it's pointing down. Maybe try to even it out?
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

ashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to beholdashtonp is a splendid one to behold
What kinda rear lip is that? Type R?
Old 08-02-2006
Registered!!

Redviking is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by twix4o8
anyone knoe how to fix the shakes or atleast reduce it.
That's one of the downside of the damper...

You can put some dynamat under the bracket, I heard that it removes some vibration.