Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My Drifting Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the rough
My Drifting Video

I found a cardboard tube hangin around the house today and had an excellent idea. Why not cut this tube to length, connect it to my car, attach a webcam to it, and make a video of me drifting in a brand new vacant neighborhood (which only has about 3-5 standing structures with no one in them). So thats what I did today. Here's the resulting video. It's 4 minutes long. This video makin stuff is so much fun. I love my new laptop, hehe...

CLICK HERE
Old 07-29-2006
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light
dumb move puttin the street and town and wut not..

cool side mount cam tho!!
Old 07-29-2006
I Queef > You

sKwiD is on a distinguished road
Damn good skill dude! One of the coolest Vids I've seen. How are your rear tires btw? Exactly how much of the ebrake do you use? I've done it in the rain, but I've never tried on pavement.
Old 07-29-2006
Registered!!

Jakee is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice, you e brakin or no?
Old 07-29-2006
RHCP0801 is my hero

1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute1sykcivic has a reputation beyond repute
lol thats jokes ..good job
Old 07-29-2006
Registered!!

Pn0ybOiLiKehOy is on a distinguished road
did the camera break??
Old 07-29-2006
Registered!!

jrb121180 will become famous soon enough
dude thats awesome. not so good for the tires though. near the end that little s type turn was the best. how fast did you get up to.
Old 07-29-2006
Registered!!

TurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sKwiD
Damn good skill dude! One of the coolest Vids I've seen. How are your rear tires btw? Exactly how much of the ebrake do you use? I've done it in the rain, but I've never tried on pavement.
E-brakin is the only way to get a Civic sidewayz, lol...and lets not discuss my tires, they're not doin too well, lol..

Originally Posted by varner88
dumb move puttin the street and town and wut not..
The video was originially made for a hand-full of people locally. But I live a good distance from that street, hehe...

Originally Posted by jrb121180
dude thats awesome. not so good for the tires though. near the end that little s type turn was the best. how fast did you get up to.
At one point I think I remember lookin at my speedometer reading 40mph...not too fast but then again this was a complete spur of the moment thing so I didnt intend on pushing it that hard at all

Originally Posted by Pn0ybOiLiKehOy
did the camera break??
Forunately, the camera didnt break. Unfortunately, it slammed against my rear windshield really hard but didnt cause damage...its alright tho, it was all for the fun..

Last edited by TurismoDreamin; 07-29-2006 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-29-2006
Registered!!

soldierboi will become famous soon enoughsoldierboi will become famous soon enough
i drift mines all the time to waste the tires for the new ones and one time i pulled my ebrake so hard the damn thing got stuck and my car just wont move lol cuz of the ebrake so i did a burn out instead and finnaly the ebrake went smooth
Old 07-29-2006
Registered!!

navysooner will become famous soon enoughnavysooner will become famous soon enough
I have a couple friends from glenpool oh and congrats on thinking you are drifting in a front wheel drive.
Old 07-29-2006
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
you cant drift in a fwd... only powerslide... ok vid though... i didnt really want to see a minute of you driving in a straight line though...
Old 07-29-2006
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light
Drifting in a fwd? lol
Old 07-29-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
haha cool the s turn was nice
Old 07-29-2006
Dain Bramaged.

jester444 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool video, but it's still not drifting. I had to fix my friend's Prelude cause he was doing the same thing you were, only he's not near as good at it as you are. Good Job.
Old 07-29-2006
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough
i cant believe i sat through that. so you drove around a pulled the e brake when you turned. his auto didnt even have the power to pull through the slide.
Old 07-29-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
thats sweet
Old 07-29-2006
Registered!!

Johnold is an unknown quantity at this point
cool but thats just a GREAT way to break a civic. civic's aren't made for that type of abuse.
Old 07-29-2006
Registered!!

Yea yea, fwd's cant drift, they *** drag...we've all heard it, whatever, yet if you're in a rwd vehicle and e-brake, its considered drifting just cuz you dont lose momentum...oh well, I tried, lol...yea, my little auto beater civic can't really follow through and keep momentum going...but what else do you guys expect, lol...I appreciate all the positive comments however!
Old 07-30-2006
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough
rwd vehicles dont ebrake all the way through the turn. its a hydrolic ebrake that just breaks the tires lose so they can spin in the turn. its a lot more controlable than popping the clutch to get the tires to spin. the video mightve been a bit better had you got wicked speed and been able to link multiple corners together.
Old 07-30-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
cool, gotta try that sometime, lol
Old 07-30-2006
Registered!!

30seconds is a glorious beacon of light30seconds is a glorious beacon of light30seconds is a glorious beacon of light30seconds is a glorious beacon of light30seconds is a glorious beacon of light30seconds is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by _unclejuice
rwd vehicles dont ebrake all the way through the turn. its a hydrolic ebrake that just breaks the tires lose so they can spin in the turn. its a lot more controlable than popping the clutch to get the tires to spin. the video mightve been a bit better had you got wicked speed and been able to link multiple corners together.
he just made a little video to have fun with his car, did you expect to see a 7thgen in a real drifting competition when you clicked on this link? please
Old 07-30-2006
Hey Hey Hey. Smoke w**d everyday - Dave Chappelle

2ME_EM2 is a jewel in the rough2ME_EM2 is a jewel in the rough2ME_EM2 is a jewel in the rough2ME_EM2 is a jewel in the rough
pretty cool video i give you props// its more of like a grip drift but i still give you props for doing that and making that cool *** "do-hicky" camera thing haha//
Old 07-30-2006
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
i gtta give credit where credit is due... that S turn was pretty impressive. everyone out there whining about "its not really drifting..." YOU GO OUT AND DO THE SAME THING. I bet at least 1/2 the people hating on the FWD slide can't pull it off like he did. the other 1/2 that can... well... don't be such an elitist b/c the chances are good that posting on this site you too own a FWD civic and not some drift monster - SO SHUT UP.

he's having fun with his car - isn't that the point?
Old 07-30-2006
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light
well said logic!!!
Old 07-30-2006
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
I knew as soon as this thread was posted there'd be 50 smartasses commenting on how it's a FWD car and it's not really called drifting.

Wow we've heard it before.
Old 07-30-2006
Registered!!

Johnold is an unknown quantity at this point
i wasn't talking about whether it was drifting or not FWD or RWD!. i was just talking about the abuse to that poor little civic. civic's are tin cans man!. just a simple little econo car that isn't very powerful or built for that type of abuse. but ohwell!. However!, i DID think that it was alright to see a civic "drift" LOL. Just be careful man!, that video could've been your last.
Old 07-30-2006
Registered!!

^^hehe, im lovin the support
Old 07-30-2006
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
Show some of that love through +rep.

Originally Posted by TurismoDreamin
^^hehe, im lovin the support
Old 07-31-2006
< My future wife.

hey that's not real drifting.
Old 07-31-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by armieo
hey that's not real drifting.
hey now, lol jk..i think im done with drifting again cuz i really wanna preserve my tires for a little while longer..

Quick Reply: My Drifting Video