Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   My Drifting Video (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/272338-my-drifting-video.html)

TurismoDreamin 07-29-2006 06:12 PM

My Drifting Video

I found a cardboard tube hangin around the house today and had an excellent idea. Why not cut this tube to length, connect it to my car, attach a webcam to it, and make a video of me drifting in a brand new vacant neighborhood (which only has about 3-5 standing structures with no one in them). So thats what I did today. Here's the resulting video. It's 4 minutes long. This video makin stuff is so much fun. I love my new laptop, hehe...

CLICK HERE

varner88 07-29-2006 06:24 PM

dumb move puttin the street and town and wut not..

cool side mount cam tho!!

sKwiD 07-29-2006 06:26 PM

Damn good skill dude! One of the coolest Vids I've seen. How are your rear tires btw? Exactly how much of the ebrake do you use? I've done it in the rain, but I've never tried on pavement.

Jakee 07-29-2006 06:26 PM

Nice, you e brakin or no?

1sykcivic 07-29-2006 06:26 PM

lol thats jokes ..good job

Pn0ybOiLiKehOy 07-29-2006 06:36 PM

did the camera break??

jrb121180 07-29-2006 06:37 PM

dude thats awesome. not so good for the tires though. near the end that little s type turn was the best. how fast did you get up to.

TurismoDreamin 07-29-2006 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by sKwiD
Damn good skill dude! One of the coolest Vids I've seen. How are your rear tires btw? Exactly how much of the ebrake do you use? I've done it in the rain, but I've never tried on pavement.

E-brakin is the only way to get a Civic sidewayz, lol...and lets not discuss my tires, they're not doin too well, lol..

Originally Posted by varner88
dumb move puttin the street and town and wut not..

The video was originially made for a hand-full of people locally. But I live a good distance from that street, hehe...

Originally Posted by jrb121180
dude thats awesome. not so good for the tires though. near the end that little s type turn was the best. how fast did you get up to.

At one point I think I remember lookin at my speedometer reading 40mph...not too fast but then again this was a complete spur of the moment thing so I didnt intend on pushing it that hard at all

Originally Posted by Pn0ybOiLiKehOy
did the camera break??

Forunately, the camera didnt break. Unfortunately, it slammed against my rear windshield really hard but didnt cause damage...its alright tho, it was all for the fun..

soldierboi 07-29-2006 06:45 PM

i drift mines all the time to waste the tires for the new ones :D and one time i pulled my ebrake so hard the damn thing got stuck and my car just wont move lol cuz of the ebrake so i did a burn out instead and finnaly the ebrake went smooth :D

navysooner 07-29-2006 06:50 PM

I have a couple friends from glenpool oh and congrats on thinking you are drifting in a front wheel drive.

Rennen 07-29-2006 07:05 PM

you cant drift in a fwd... only powerslide... ok vid though... i didnt really want to see a minute of you driving in a straight line though...

SEN_ONE 07-29-2006 07:16 PM

Drifting in a fwd? lol

Mutha Fn FBM 85 07-29-2006 07:45 PM

haha cool the s turn was nice

jester444 07-29-2006 07:54 PM

Cool video, but it's still not drifting. I had to fix my friend's Prelude cause he was doing the same thing you were, only he's not near as good at it as you are. Good Job.

_unclejuice 07-29-2006 07:56 PM

i cant believe i sat through that. so you drove around a pulled the e brake when you turned. his auto didnt even have the power to pull through the slide.

Civicman1988 07-29-2006 07:57 PM

thats sweet

Johnold 07-29-2006 08:55 PM

cool but thats just a GREAT way to break a civic. civic's aren't made for that type of abuse.

TurismoDreamin 07-29-2006 10:40 PM

Yea yea, fwd's cant drift, they ass drag...we've all heard it, whatever, yet if you're in a rwd vehicle and e-brake, its considered drifting just cuz you dont lose momentum...oh well, I tried, lol...yea, my little auto beater civic can't really follow through and keep momentum going...but what else do you guys expect, lol...I appreciate all the positive comments however!

_unclejuice 07-30-2006 12:47 AM

rwd vehicles dont ebrake all the way through the turn. its a hydrolic ebrake that just breaks the tires lose so they can spin in the turn. its a lot more controlable than popping the clutch to get the tires to spin. the video mightve been a bit better had you got wicked speed and been able to link multiple corners together.

genexrocket 07-30-2006 01:00 AM

cool, gotta try that sometime, lol

30seconds 07-30-2006 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by _unclejuice
rwd vehicles dont ebrake all the way through the turn. its a hydrolic ebrake that just breaks the tires lose so they can spin in the turn. its a lot more controlable than popping the clutch to get the tires to spin. the video mightve been a bit better had you got wicked speed and been able to link multiple corners together.

he just made a little video to have fun with his car, did you expect to see a 7thgen in a real drifting competition when you clicked on this link? please

2ME_EM2 07-30-2006 03:12 AM

pretty cool video i give you props// its more of like a grip drift but i still give you props for doing that and making that cool ass "do-hicky" camera thing haha// :tup:

LogicWavelength 07-30-2006 03:32 AM

i gtta give credit where credit is due... that S turn was pretty impressive. everyone out there whining about "its not really drifting..." YOU GO OUT AND DO THE SAME THING. I bet at least 1/2 the people hating on the FWD slide can't pull it off like he did. the other 1/2 that can... well... don't be such an elitist b/c the chances are good that posting on this site you too own a FWD civic and not some drift monster - SO SHUT UP.

he's having fun with his car - isn't that the point?

filipinop1405 07-30-2006 06:13 AM

well said logic!!!

armieo 07-30-2006 07:53 AM

I knew as soon as this thread was posted there'd be 50 smartasses commenting on how it's a FWD car and it's not really called drifting.

Wow we've heard it before.

Johnold 07-30-2006 08:28 AM

i wasn't talking about whether it was drifting or not FWD or RWD!. i was just talking about the abuse to that poor little civic. civic's are tin cans man!. just a simple little econo car that isn't very powerful or built for that type of abuse. but ohwell!. However!, i DID think that it was alright to see a civic "drift" LOL. Just be careful man!, that video could've been your last.

TurismoDreamin 07-30-2006 12:25 PM

^^hehe, im lovin the support

armieo 07-30-2006 12:52 PM

Show some of that love through +rep. :giggle:

Originally Posted by TurismoDreamin
^^hehe, im lovin the support

armieo 07-31-2006 11:50 AM

hey that's not real drifting. :giggle: