Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Im back... New thoughts!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vantage should not be trusted
Im back... New thoughts!

Hey everyone, I have returned to 7thgencivic after a few months off.

As many of you know, i loath the 7thgen. Especially the d17 engine. I have come up with a small plan to help me get through the next year and a half till i can afford a k swap..

Since i need my car to commute nearly 160km's a day for a year and a half more (till i finish my engineering diploma) i figured id leave the engine stock... For now. But i enjoy the comfort of the interior as well as the reliability i have with a new car. So i have ditched my idea for another CRX Si, or a DA integra and come up with a new plan.

Since my LX doesnt come stock with a rear sway ( as its a 2001) im planning to purchase a progress rear sway kit, as the stock rear suspension leave MUCH to be desired. I also plan on ordering a neuspeed front upper strut bar, as well as a new set of coilovers. ( H&R sports just arent cuttin it). I would love to grab a 02-03 Si( canadian SiR) rear disc brake setup as well in the future but it probably wont be done for a while.

Now, as i used to race my old CRX, i am slowly being killed by the stock d17a1 Non-vtec d17 my LX has. BUT i have finally put 2 and 2 together....

What can make u go mid 14's on a near stock d17, is cheap, and will let an engine last over a year and a half with minimal use?

NITROUS!!

I plan on getting a Zex kit with MSD window box. I would like to run the 55-65 jet safely, hoping to leave the stock clutch alone as anything i upgrade wont be useable after i get out of school and swap to a k series. I am also planning to buy a CHEAP header, like Megan just to get a bit more flow for the nitrous. Maybe an SRT-4 cat to match my 2 1/4" exhaust.

This is all just hearsay, but i plan to start looking for a progress rear sway after i get my next paycheck in 2 weeks. Maybe just cut ( omg i know its gross but o well) my H&R springs for now untill i get the $$ to get a nice set of coils. Then try to source a cheap used Zex kit.

I found one about 2 months back that came with:

Zex Wet NItrous kit with 55,65,75 Jets
Nos Bottle Heater
Nos Purge System
Autometer Nitrous Gauge
Included will be all the neccessary lines to get you going
as well as 3/4 of a bottle of nitrous! Tank Expires in 2008 So plenty of life left on the bottle.

Im asking 600OBO for everything please no part outs

Now thats 600 canadian, which is a DAMN good deal.

For right now, i need to chop my springs asap because i got a new Type R style lip to replace my Cracked mugen style, and it sits a lot higher, making my car look like a 4WD civic, i need to hammer the front end about an inch more, and leave the rear how it is.

Ill try to post pics of the car soon, as my parents return late tnight from Vegas with the digicam.

This wasnt really a tech-thread, just a general information thread. Any info on the progress rear sway, or Zex nitrous install/tuning capabilities, or any other comments please post away!
Old 07-16-2006
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
cliffnotes or ban.
Old 07-16-2006
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
i vote ban
Old 07-16-2006
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
im soo thinking about nitrous.......a small 50 shot......damn you "buy it now"