Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My new Retro

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006
Life is better with 5lug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
niceness!!!
Old 07-16-2006
Registered!!

jay78 is on a distinguished road
they on my car now.......cant aim as much as i want so they aimed bit high .....will take some pic tonight....

Last edited by jay78; 07-16-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-16-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
waiting.....
Old 07-16-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
damn thats a sick *** retro
Old 07-17-2006
Registered!!

updated on my 1st post
Old 07-21-2006
Registered!!

1st post is updated..

post some cutoff pic.....even they aimed too high to just show u how wide this projectors are....

and yaa my camera is suck....will post better pics once i reopen them and aimed them currectly....
Old 07-21-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
wow lights up the whole road
Old 07-21-2006
Registered!!

yep will be even better when they aimed currectly
Old 07-21-2006
Premium Member

is there a way to aim off the car, i have no place to aim and my room is pretty small too. i guess you just have to put it together and hope it looks okay?
Old 07-21-2006
Registered!!

cuz this projectors are too big i put some tabs at the bottom of the projectors to hold them up and to keep the wider beam....and now its hitting the front clear cover so dont have enough room to move the projectors up and down......so gone reopen it and take the tabs off....and might loss some wideness
Old 07-21-2006
Premium Member

redem2 has a spectacular aura aboutredem2 has a spectacular aura about
hey look

i'd be pissed if i saw you coming towards me fo shizzle...i think your car would look much better with the hood molding painted.
Old 07-21-2006
Registered!!

no one flashed me yet and been driving it for almost week now
Old 07-25-2006
Registered!!

alright this is the final beam....i will take better pics ....
best i can do right here
Old 07-25-2006
Premium Member

looks good
Old 07-26-2006
Registered!!

more pics

Old 07-26-2006
Premium Member

looks like they are aimed very well too from that reflection shot. tons of color. so are you keeping these or selling?
Old 07-26-2006
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
why is your aiming so bad? it's not supposed to step like that.

the headlights are beastly, but your aiming needs some work
Old 07-26-2006
Premium Member

oh yea i just noticed that. do you have pics of just each one side by itself?
Old 07-26-2006
Registered!!

i have the passanger side itself but i will try to get driver side too

Originally Posted by dirtySAMURAI
why is your aiming so bad? it's not supposed to step like that.

the headlights are beastly, but your aiming needs some work
infi thats best i can do i think they are very close to perfact...
i thought dot shield need to have step like that are u sure about step ???

Last edited by jay78; 07-26-2006 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-26-2006

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
it's not supposed to step between the headlights like yours. the left "bottom" cutoff is supposed to line up on each side. lemme get a pic...

EDIT: here's something i've posted before

Last edited by dirtySAMURAI; 07-26-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-26-2006
Registered!!

Tnsmongoose is an unknown quantity at this point
pretty tight ride..
Old 07-26-2006
Registered!!

infi here is the link from hidplanet same projectors as mine
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/view...s430&start=100

look at the cutoff line its not as u showed me
cuz my projectors dont hve slope like this __/--

here is another exp...
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/view...ighlight=ls430
same setup as mine

Last edited by jay78; 07-26-2006 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-26-2006
Premium Member

i think he means there should only be one step-per headlight- in yours i see a fainter one off to the left. these are just halogen tyc but it should look like this with only one step (yes tyc is a bit suck cause the line isnt exactly flat on the side).and you prolly already know this but the bottom line is used for aiming distance.

Last edited by gearbox; 07-26-2006 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-26-2006

exactly like that. the tops/bottoms of the beams should be level with each other, or you're either losing some valuable light from your driver's side headlight OR you're blinding the people driving in front and to the right of you.

notice how his projectors are aimed so the top of the passenger side beam is not higher or lower than the driver side beam? that's how you want it.
Old 07-26-2006
Premium Member

ya that took 4 hrs lol! im gonna have fun aiming the a4 projectors on a wooden fence. and ya ive seen how important having them horizontal aimed is. you could be losing alot of light.
Old 07-26-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
nice looking
Old 07-26-2006
Registered!!

gearbox and infi did u guyz chek the link above ???
look at the cutoff they just look like mine and both retro has same setup as mine....

__/--/--- this is currect if u have ece shiled also called slope shiled..... mine is dot wich dont hve slont line / mine has very small slope ..

has same pics posted on hidplanet and no1 has told me anything about this.... also two other member has same setup as mine.......well i dont who is wrong and rite both can be correct......i will ask some people on hidplanet and see wat they got to say
thankx infi........and dont forget to chek out those two links if u didnt ....and u too gearbox

Last edited by jay78; 07-26-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-27-2006

it should still be like so:

________|-----|----------

with the DOT shields. the only difference between the DOT and ECE is the slope/angle of the step. DOT is usually 90 degrees, ECE is usually ~50 degrees. however, there are some instances where the DOT shield = ECE shield. for example, my zkw bixenons have an ECE/slant step. my valeos had a DOT/"stair" step.

idk, this is just what i think to be correct. you may be right, though.
Old 07-27-2006
Registered!!

u made me worried if i am wrong......took me long time to set it up like this......

so those other member got their setup wrong too???
Old 07-27-2006
Premium Member

im completely confused lol

Quick Reply: My new Retro