my new....old MX-5 Pics** As Promised - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2006   #1  
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
my new....old MX-5 Pics** As Promised

Dear Viewers...this is a project car....its soley to have tons of fun drifting and Autocross ...as u can see it needs lots of work.

Last edited by boxcarracer; 07-09-2006 at 02:10 AM.
boxcarracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006   #2  
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
haha, looks fun to drive
genexrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006   #3  
Registered!!

swifty2k is an unknown quantity at this point
That car will be awsome when your done!

Keep us updated!
swifty2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006   #4  
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
does it run right now?
YUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006   #5  
Registered!!

clrumivier4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Is the passenger side mirror rammed into the house?!
clrumivier4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006   #6  
Registered!!

xtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura aboutxtreme26 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by clrumivier4life
Is the passenger side mirror rammed into the house?!
i think the mirrors are folded
xtreme26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006   #7  
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
lol yes its folder yes it def will be fun as FRuck! and yes it runs...well might i add considering the mileage its cute i got it in my backyard now...those pics were from the previous owners driveway ill re UPDATE when its clean and cute tommorow SO YAY NEWER PICS TOMMOROW
Old 07-09-2006   #8  
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
I never had any respect for Miatas until I started Auto X they own the track.
Day_Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006   #9  
Registered!!

im gunna do auto x too yay i can do 2 things well 3 if i get bored and wanna drag at the track next to the drifting events
Old 07-09-2006   #10  
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
rip a turbo setup off a 323 and put it on a new 1.6 and your good to go for a while. keep it crappy looking
ajhdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006   #11  
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhdragon
keep it crappy looking
Sleeper = good.

It looks awesomely good; for $1k it was a steal!
ramcosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #12  
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
you need to gut the interior. just totally down to the metal. and drive it like that. and get rid of the style bar. put in a boss frog double hoop bar in there.

got any engine shots?
pbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #13  
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Wouldn't it be a good idea to keep that bar if he's going to be drifting/auto-X? Or is it as you said just for style and would collapse on roll over
01HonderCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #14  
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
Wouldn't it be a good idea to keep that bar if he's going to be drifting/auto-X? Or are those pretty much just for looks?
no, its a style bar...its just for looks. the one i suggested is an actual racing roll bar that is scca approved.
Old 07-10-2006   #15  
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Hmm, That one that you suggested doesn't look that bad.

http://www.gomiata.com/doublehoop.html

Maybe I'll get that one for my stepdad's 99 MX-5 for his birthday
01HonderCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006   #16  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
Hmm, That one that you suggested doesn't look that bad.

http://www.gomiata.com/doublehoop.html

Maybe I'll get that one for my stepdad's 99 MX-5 for his birthday
yeah, thats a really good father/son install project too.

i wish my dad was into cars...lol
Old 07-11-2006   #17  
Registered!!

u can be my dad and we can work on ojur miatas im 19 just pretend ur my dad
Old 07-11-2006   #18  
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
You should check MOSS' Miata Mania for parts, man.
ramcosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006   #19  
Registered!!

i cleaned the car today ...allof it.....its missing a lot of parts such as battery holder in the trunk some screws near the gas tank tube in the trunk, hoodlatch new faceplate(other ricers ruined it by drilling a wholein it forthe radio, roof,it leaks and new clean seats and maybe a new track so thanks fr the websites
Old 07-16-2006   #20  
Registered!!

clrumivier4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck fixing it up! Should be awesome when it's done.
clrumivier4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006   #21  
Registered!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcarracer
u can be my dad and we can work on ojur miatas im 19 just pretend ur my dad
lol...you bastard! im not that old. haha and queens is too far for me to drive to work on someone elses car. haha

but we should definitely do some drives once your miata is roadworthy. there are a bunch of nice roads around here.
Old 07-16-2006   #22  
Registered!!

def ill have it running all perfect in the winter time but then it will be cold and icy but spring time wil be mine an ill be in NJ for drift competetions watching or joining with the miata maybe we can meet soon ill keep u updated

oh and if u have a cardomain add me links in sigyy

Last edited by boxcarracer; 07-16-2006 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost