Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

HACK3R civic wrecked

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SimonTek is an unknown quantity at this point
HACK3R civic wrecked

Hey I wrecked the civic today on Dresden in ATL. I hit a box truck (think small semi truck) The insurance agency still can't figure out how he has no damage, ITs a huge truck with a very large steel bumper.
All pictures taken with a Nokia 6102 camera phone.

Well heres the pics.

At the dealership/bodyshop
Old 07-03-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Most importantly, are you ok?

My sister just had an accident yesterday and her accord did well up against the guard rail. Still, a civic holds up really well in accidents considering its size.
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

I am fine, I am sure I will have whiplash later, but other than that, fine. I slide under that big steel thing that protects me from sliding under the truck. that makes sense. missed the airbag sensor completely.
Old 07-03-2006

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Good you are ok. Thats what matters the most!
Just take care for a few days, to rest and recover.
Old 07-03-2006
I need a drop

thefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the roughthefever is a jewel in the rough
ouch.
Old 07-03-2006

I hope the civic can be repaired pretty easily. It looks bad but as long as the frame isnt all crazy it shouldn't be too much. No airbags means thousands less to fix!
Old 07-03-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
don't look totaled but looks can be deceiving
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SimonTek
The insurance agency still can't figure out how he has no damage

ITs a huge truck with a very large steel bumper.

you've just answered your own question.
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
that looks like my accident cept a lil better. your car aint totalled. dunno if its a bad thing or good thing to you.

my car missed the airbag sensor too... it think its shitty too
Old 07-03-2006
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold
I find it funny how your sig says "I am only dangerous with a keyboard"...... apparently you're dangerous with civics too. jk man.

good luck with the fix.
Old 07-03-2006
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
yeah, it doesn't look totaled...should be able to replace and paint the hood,fender,bumper, lights, grille....i think that's about it...but i'm not a body guy and i don't have the car to look at so....my opinion/observations are useless.
Old 07-06-2006
Registered!!

bout $5K worth of damage. Actually I get a new windshield cause my adjuster wasn't paying attention, and broke it. lol. I feel good bout that (something I am not responible for.) Well I stopped by the body shop to get something outta the car and took pics ( I own 4 camera's why do i keep using the phone?)

Broken Motor Mount

On a note, how many of us would kill for the car to be this stripped down when working on them?
Old 07-06-2006
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
man that sucks, glad you're ok
Old 07-06-2006
Registered!!

SloCol-Vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
ooch, glad ur ok
Old 07-06-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, that was a hard hit... and how the hell would a steel rear bumper have a Civic crash into it and get damaged... not ever.

Glad you're ok, man. You should get yourself checked, just in case. Small accidents are the ones that hurt very much afterwards (maybe not a few days, but more time).
Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
should be able to replace and paint the hood,fender,bumper, lights, grille....
Frame? That hit was hard enough (it seems) to have bent/damaged the frame heavily. Hell, it broke the engine mounts, the frame must be crapped out.

Cliff Notes: Ouch. Go to the doctor. Check car's frame.
Old 07-06-2006
Registered!!

My back started to hurt today, not sure if its cause i slept wrong or the wreck, I will see if i feel better tomorrow, iff not, doc, here i come.
Old 07-06-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SimonTek
My back started to hurt today, not sure if its cause i slept wrong or the wreck, I will see if i feel better tomorrow, iff not, doc, here i come.
You should go to the doc, hurting or not!

BTW, what happened to the 8th gen on the last pic?

Last edited by ramcosca; 07-06-2006 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-06-2006
420 Member

BlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackKnight008 has a spectacular aura about
Glad ur ok, you could mod your car instead of replacing everything stock though, i think, I don't know how the insurance companies work
Old 07-07-2006
Registered!!

I have asked for a few things, I have to go back and talk to them, for some reason a hybrid bumper would look nice. A neat thing is I had aftermarket fogs that didn't work (they got destroyed, and I looked at the repair order and they have new ones to go on. (this is being done at Curry Honda)). I really hope i get OE fogs.
Old 07-07-2006
Words on a User Title

If they're changing the fogs at a Honda stealership, it's got to be OEM foggies. They don't like eBay.
Old 07-07-2006

lolitapierce is just really nicelolitapierce is just really nicelolitapierce is just really nicelolitapierce is just really nice
Damn, thats about as bad as my wreck was a couple weeks ago. I just started getting my parts in to fix it though.

Glad you're ok though. Always could have been worse..
Old 07-07-2006
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
the car will turn out great btw .. the best kind of accident is a dead on front one like you had, if you would have gotten t boned then the car would be toast..

BTW youll never even notice it cuz the frame wasnt bent im sure the alignment is still perfect
Old 07-07-2006
Registered!!

prccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
glad to hear you are alright and i hope you get those OEM fogs..haha, but the thing that sucks about that accident is that your michigan liscense plate didn't get destroyed......

^^ sorry, had to, im an Ohio State fan
Old 07-12-2006
Registered!!

News: Well the new estimate is $7500, and told it would be more cause the adjuster forgot to add things. All my lines are crushed, apparently my suspension was damage. broke multiple motor mounts. etc. Considering the fact I walked a way, without even whiplash, I did well, and so did the car. just Expensive. I didn't think I did that much damage.
Old 07-12-2006
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
i barely tapped the rear end of a mustang: $4k and guaranteed to go up, said the guy at the dealership. it was about a 5-10 mph bump.
Old 07-12-2006
Words on a User Title

Simon: don't worry. Your car is material, it can be replaced. You are not and cannot. I'm glad you're not even hurt.
Old 07-12-2006
Registered!!

jAhblK01 is an unknown quantity at this point
OMFG FLASHBACK

I was in an accident not a few months ago. Your car looks exactly like mine afterwards. Glad to hear that you were ok Unfortunately my car was totaled. Insurance gave me about 400 more than what I paid. So I upgraded from 98 to 01 civic. Hope everything works out with your insurance.

best of luck

Last edited by jAhblK01; 07-12-2006 at 09:19 PM.