General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What Should I Do!!?!? PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CilverCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
What Should I Do!!?!? PLEASE HELP!

I am at a friends house when he notices a dent in the back of my car, and i'm like WTF!?!? There are 2 round like corner looking dents and some scratches which looks to me like some1 hit my car when they parked behind me or accidently put it in drive instead of reverse, I don't know when it happened or who did it, but I don't want the dent, is it under warrenty since I didn't do it? Will the dealer fix it? Should I look for a new Bumper from a wrecked one or something? Should I pay to have it removed and how much will that cost. Sorry so long, I'm just so *****d right now. What would be my best route to take? thnx for listening peeps, wish me luck.
Old 11-11-2001
Registered!!

IncaEXCoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Hate to tell you man but the dealer wont cover that under warranty, it's not a manufacturing defect, some butthead hit you, if it's on the rear cover you may try to get a cover off of a junked out car, but they are likely to be few and far between...sorry to hear someone thumped you man
Old 11-11-2001
Registered!!

viciousvolpe is an unknown quantity at this point
do u have insurance?
cause that should pay for that
Old 11-11-2001
Registered!!

Guy01 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, I'd suggest going to the insurance and making a claim under hit-and-run. I don't think they'll hike up the rates for that. but im not really sure. i hit my mom's car on a fence post one time...and my friends told me to report it as hit and run on my mom's car...i dunno whats gonna happen if you do it...
Old 11-11-2001
Registered!!

2k1BlackBeautyOwner is an unknown quantity at this point
If you get the insurance company to take care of it, you'll have to pay them a deductible since they can't get the money from the hit and run's insurance company, since we don't know who did it. Go to some bodyshops and get some quotes, if the bodyshop will charge you less than what your deductible will be, go with them, if not, then go with the insurance company. Do whatever is cheaper.
As for insurance premium increases, I don't know. Ask your insurance company if your claim will increase your insurance premiums, if they will, I don't think it will be by much anyways, but it's your judgement call.
Old 11-11-2001
Registered!!

StLVtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Thay wont fix it but IncaEXCoupe where are u from in St.Louis
Old 11-11-2001
Registered!!

loquito is an unknown quantity at this point
that sux bro...why dont you just get a bod kit with the money from the claimtup:
Old 11-11-2001
Registered!!

woohooh00 is an unknown quantity at this point
there are companies out there that specialize in dent pulling without touching the paint... i think Dentwizards is one. double-check on that.
Old 11-11-2001
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
claim it under comphrensive my deductible is like a $100 so it shouldnt be that bad for you guys considering my insurance is crazy