Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

1 bucket seat = gay?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
1 bucket seat = gay?

i was thinking of just buying a single recaro driver seat and leaving the passenger seat stock. would that be tacky? i've seen a lot of cars from japan that do this, but not many from america so i wanted to get everyone's opinion. most of the people that ride in my car probably could care less about sitting in a racing seat anyway.
Old 06-22-2006
Registered!!

KINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to all
im sure all the girls will think your gay if you only have one seat upgraded
Old 06-22-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
i was thinking about that too but i kinda lost interest in it like 2 minutes later
Old 06-22-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
1 bucket seat = gay
2 bucket seats, matching =

Get it?
Old 06-22-2006
Registered!!

Dfresh7 is an unknown quantity at this point
doesnt sound to tacky, i think it would look bad if it was a big change in color, like the bucket being black and the passenger beige
Old 06-22-2006
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by KINGCHILE
im sure all the girls will think your gay if you only have one seat upgraded
most girls hate bucket seats though. not because they look bad or anything, but because they're usually stiff and uncomfortable.
Old 06-22-2006
Registered!!

juanotejano is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think it's gay cause seriously no passenger is worth 400 bux to me... if you get **** from a passenger saying your cheap or somethin ask em to chip in (ya right) then see who's cheap.
Old 06-22-2006
Registered!!

MYK1013 is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think it's GAY. save u some $$$. just get like matching seat covers for the stock seat so it'll match the recaros. just my .02
Old 06-22-2006

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
If you can't afford 2 seats, then dont touch either of them.
If you can't afford paint, then don't put on a body kit.
These are very similiar things here.
Old 06-22-2006
Registered!!

nah, no seat covers. i was thinking about just getting one of these.

i'm saving for a turbo kit first though, so i'll have some time to think this over.
Old 06-22-2006

Put it toward turbo parts!
Old 06-23-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by diskreet
If you can't afford 2 seats, then dont touch either of them.
If you can't afford paint, then don't put on a body kit.
These are very similiar things here.

it's not that i can't afford two seats, it's that i know that passengers would probably rather sit in stock seats than be strapped in with a 4 point harness.

you can't compare painting a body kit to racing seats either. i wouldn't be buying the seat to be fashionable, i'd be buying it to keep me strapped in so i wouldnt be sliding around everywhere going through corners.

but yeah, i'll be buying a turbokit and a lot of other stuff before i start worrying about seats.
Old 06-23-2006

I just think that if you are going to do a mod, especially something that big, you are wasting your money if you can't finish the job.
I am not attacking your opinion either, just stressing how I feel it wont look ok at all!

Also have you considered RSX seats? you can get 2 for cheap, and can still use the harnesses.

Last edited by diskreet; 06-23-2006 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-23-2006
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
I <3 recarros i think it would look bad personally but i have ocd so everything has to match lol ep3 seats are factory recarros right? i thought i read that somewhere
Old 06-23-2006

im not sure on EP3 seats being recaros, but I do think the RSX ones are by recaro. Would make sense if honda has Recaro do RSX seats to do EP3 seats too.
Can anyone confirm?
Old 06-23-2006
Registered!!

MYK1013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by R3DL1N3
nah, no seat covers. i was thinking about just getting one of these.

i'm saving for a turbo kit first though, so i'll have some time to think this over.
OIC, I think it'll look ok.
Old 06-23-2006
Registered!!

silcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
this is the way I see it..
if you're going for a show car then sure, the one bucket seat would look awkward by itself...
if you're going for performance then who really gives a $hit whether the passenger one is a bucket or not..r u gonna be doing auto-x or 1/4 mile runs with passengers? probably not then it just a big WASTE of money..
If the bucket seat is black then you'll barely even see the diff in the seat from the outside other than the red (recaro) writing...

Get the one and save ur money for ur turbo kit...
Old 06-23-2006
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
just put the one seat in and take out the rest.even funner when u have a passenger.
Old 06-23-2006
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
Def 2 seats and not just 1... IMO
Old 06-23-2006
Registered!!

dac11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by R3DL1N3
most girls hate bucket seats though. not because they look bad or anything, but because they're usually stiff and uncomfortable.
This is why you get rsx-s seats
The seats feel nice and the driver has a somewhat 'bucket seat' feel to it. Plus its leather!
Old 06-23-2006
Banned

LowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to allLowLife is a name known to all
I would like to know why everyone is referring to the racing seats as "bucket seats". Your factory front seats are bucket seats.
Old 06-23-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shifty is on a distinguished road
I have just one sparco seat...for me. I could really care less about the passenger and i do most of my driving alone. Besides, i dont really wanna hear the constant complaint of my passengers/gf about how uncomfy the seats are.

And its funny watching them trying to keep uprights during spirited driving.
Old 06-23-2006
Registered!!

2k1_sedan is an unknown quantity at this point
I equate this to being the same as upgrading one head light, one rim..one stock speaker...you get my point.
Old 06-23-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
2k1_sedan, actually I've seen alot of people do it, or else they will have two different version by the same brand.

And whoever said girls don't like bucket seats your very wrong. At car shows girls always wanna sit in my seats. They love the way they hug your ***, my Recaros are 4 x more comfortable then my stock seats.

Old 06-23-2006
A big, hairy Kentucky boy

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
Originally Posted by drew22mader
And whoever said girls don't like bucket seats your very wrong. At car shows girls always wanna sit in my seats.

If I was a girl, I wouldn't touch your seats.
Old 06-23-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
hmm... how about 1 Recaro, and 0 passenger seats?

but jokes aside, as diskreet said DC5 seats may be the way to go unless Recaro seats are a must for you.
Old 06-23-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stinkypie
If I was a girl, I wouldn't touch your seats.
Well if you was a girl, i wouldn't let you sit in them with a nickname like that,
Old 06-23-2006
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by diskreet
im not sure on EP3 seats being recaros, but I do think the RSX ones are by recaro. Would make sense if honda has Recaro do RSX seats to do EP3 seats too.
Can anyone confirm?
i believe the ep3 seats are made by recaro but i've never heard anything about the rsx leathers being recaro

nice seats to drew....i'm getting somthing awfully similiar
Old 06-23-2006

Yeah I have to say female *** enjoys RSX leathers very much
Old 06-23-2006
You bought a used dog??

def01tones will become famous soon enough
my buddy has corbeau racing seats in his GTI and i love sitting in that seat. i feel much safer in a 4 point harness and im sure anybody else would. he also has a roll cage, so even more safety points.

Quick Reply: 1 bucket seat = gay?