Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My new DIY Tails and Mesh Grill

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006
You VTEC...I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light
My new DIY Tails and Mesh Grill

Hey I just got done tinting my tails and putting in a mesh grill. I would like to get some opinions so let me know.

Old 06-17-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
I like the smoked tails, nice work... The grill looks good b/c it's a black vic, it wouldn't work on my ssm 04, I bet it would look even better w/ the under grill "teeth" removed on our 04/05 has anyone done this?
Old 06-17-2006
Registered!!

kumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the roughkumanan is a jewel in the rough
those are the new led tails, nicee work still
Old 06-17-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
That's a nice grille. It looks like an RS grille without the Logo and the line in the center. Tails don't look bad either. Good work
Old 06-17-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
nice..... i think u shouldve only smoked the white part...
Old 06-17-2006
You VTEC...I-VTEC

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
That's a nice grille. It looks like an RS grille without the Logo and the line in the center. Tails don't look bad either. Good work
well it isnt an rs grill, its a home depot grill which cost me a whoppin 7 dollars

Originally Posted by Kevbotron
I bet it would look even better w/ the under grill "teeth" removed on our 04/05 has anyone done this?
i thought about doin that but i didnt feel like workin on her any longer. was doin work all day and it was gettin kinda hot.
Old 06-17-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Oh ****. I thought you were talking about the upper grille...Not the lower grille. Damn, I missed that one...Lower one looks great too!
Old 06-17-2006
You VTEC...I-VTEC

upper grille is stock
Old 06-17-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
Oh ****. I thought you were talking about the upper grille...Not the lower grille. Damn, I missed that one...Lower one looks great too!
jeez what's wrong w/ u GOSH (said in napoleon voice)
Old 06-17-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
lower grill looks cleanly done, however i think you should paint it black to blend in better. the tails look hot the way you did it.
Old 06-17-2006
You VTEC...I-VTEC

yeah i planned on doin that but i was a little anxious to get it all done due to time. plus i wanted to see how it would turn out. wasnt sure if the mesh would bend the way i wanted it to. All of it just pops out, so would be easy to paint.
Old 06-17-2006
Registered!!

Eeeeeeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice work on the tails
Old 06-17-2006
You VTEC...I-VTEC

night shots

no brake

brakes
Old 06-17-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
still looks nice and bright, and i bet the tint makes it not so blinding. everytime i get behind a tl or echo or whatever other led tail i get blinded. you could prolly get one of those hyper white reverse bulb now cause the blue wont show through the film.
Old 06-17-2006
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough
not feeling the tails
Old 06-17-2006
You VTEC...I-VTEC

Originally Posted by vacivic2005
not feeling the tails
can i ask why? im just curious.

and yeah the tails were hella blinding before, not so much the leds (unless you were directly lined up with em) but the turn signals are bright as hell.
Old 06-17-2006
balatuba

Buwisit is an unknown quantity at this point
love them both especially the 3rd pic
Old 06-18-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
looks good and unique. like gear said id paint the mesh black.
Old 06-18-2006
Registered!!

clrumivier4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice. Did you put a clear coat on the tails?
Old 06-18-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
if you break the taillights into thirds, what's up with the top two thirds having a line between them? Is that just the way the lense is or how you tinted?

What I'm saying is: Why isn't it smooth?

Nice grille btw. Gonna do it for the top one too?
Old 06-18-2006
Registered!!

mradam85 should not be trustedmradam85 should not be trustedmradam85 should not be trusted
looks good, but tint your windows
Old 06-19-2006
You VTEC...I-VTEC

the lights have the lines in them already. i took the lights off today wet sanded em and put 3 more coats of clear and 2 coats of tint on. the 6th coat of clear is drying right now. i am going to wet sand them again tomorrow and put another final coat of clear on. they are really glossy now though. I am using Krylon triple thick crystal clear glaze. the windows should be tinted next week hopefully, thinkin 20% all the way around.

so yeah, i went to put on my tails this morning after letting them dry overnight. They are way too dark. I cant see **** through them. now i have to sand some layers off.

Last edited by sniperscout; 06-19-2006 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost