Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

1700 dollars and no ideas.........

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
1700 dollars and no ideas.........

ok lets say i have 1700 dollars to spend, because i do lol. what would you do? exterior wise im finished with her, engine wise im finished,
so only considerations are interior, suspension, brakes, rims.

i have 17" rims but they are silver and i dont like the design too much, i might just paint the spokes black and deal with it though.

brakes: cant go big brake cus i need to fit my 14" rims with drag radials and steelies for winter

suspension: i wouldnt want to go wild, just some nice struts, maybe later do sway bars, lower tie bars, braces blah blah. (i have tein stech springs)

interior, basically most noticeable i have a spoon ****, si seats. i am thinking of having the rear seat reupholstered to match the front, or all of them done in gray and black. i considered ctr wheel but i dunno.

make any suggestions, my comments are just a guidline incase you care what i think.
Old 06-14-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
ehh RHD if you really wanan go crazy. you could probably do it for like $800 or so. or a downpayment on a bike, or a CD rates are going up all over the place.
Old 06-14-2006
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ajhdragon
ehh RHD if you really wanan go crazy. you could probably do it for like $800 or so. or a downpayment on a bike, or a CD rates are going up all over the place.
RHD for 800 bucks? How in the hell do you figure that?

I'd go for the CD. I'm going to the bank tomorrow and getting one at about 5.5%.
Old 06-14-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
I would do a basic coilover setup, strut bar, sway bars, and new rotors and pads.
Old 06-14-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
$800 bucks cause thats probably what the stuff he would need would cost him. A dash for $300, and the rest on the steering colum and what not. the wiring is all the same just has to move the guage wires to the right hand side. and dosen't really even need a new control panel so could probably do it cheaper. And he works at a shop his dad owns so im sure he could do it.

Edit: oh yeah fortune bank has a 5.5 APY CD right now, its the best rate in the area FYI

Last edited by ajhdragon; 06-14-2006 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-14-2006

Originally Posted by diskreet
I would do a basic coilover setup, strut bar, sway bars, and new rotors and pads.
thanks for some real ideas!
+1
i have a upper front strut bar (spoon) i just cant decide what brand struts to do....ive read and cant decide. same with rotors and pads but ill prob just cut my rotors and see if endless has pads for us.

oh and no1 count labor into the cost, i do my own stuff.
and rhd conversion? come on, seriously lol why would i want that.
Old 06-14-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

Originally Posted by ncirom2003
thanks for some real ideas!
+1
i have a upper front strut bar (spoon) i just cant decide what brand struts to do....ive read and cant decide. same with rotors and pads but ill prob just cut my rotors and see if endless has pads for us.

oh and no1 count labor into the cost, i do my own stuff.
and rhd conversion? come on, seriously lol why would i want that.
i dunno i would just go get a used mail truck for RHD if i wanted to drive like that so bad, but you said make some suggestions and it is a pretty wild interior mod.
Old 06-14-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
um...get some leather seats and ****. wrap the whole interior.
Old 06-14-2006
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ajhdragon
$800 bucks cause thats probably what the stuff he would need would cost him. A dash for $300, and the rest on the steering colum and what not. the wiring is all the same just has to move the guage wires to the right hand side. and dosen't really even need a new control panel so could probably do it cheaper. And he works at a shop his dad owns so im sure he could do it.

Edit: oh yeah fortune bank has a 5.5 APY CD right now, its the best rate in the area FYI
Where is Fortune Bank located?
Old 06-14-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

Originally Posted by white2K2EX
Where is Fortune Bank located?
don't really know?? i just know thier rates. I think somewhere near the southcounty/fenten border.
Old 06-15-2006

lol not too crazy of ideas dude.

i dont want leather, ill only do suede or somethin

ok, im down 350 now cus i just spent it on hawk hps pads, brembo slotted rotors, goodrich SS brake lines from tirerack.com

im gonna spend another 300-500 on struts (if i spend 300 ill prob put the other 200 towards sway bars) from ebay.

maybe ill stop here?

Last edited by ncirom2003; 06-15-2006 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-15-2006
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
do you have ep3 rear disc's yet. that would be a good idea.
Old 06-15-2006
Registered!!

CIVIC X3 is on a distinguished road
struts shouldnt cost more then 350 for a good one lik the tokico hp since your doing it yourself. if you want some fun in the corners, definitely get some sway bar. i'm waiting for dezod to get the hotchkis endlink and i will purchase the progress sway front and rear+ tie bar from them. as for the brembo slotted rotors...lemme know how it feels. deciding if i should get those or power slot. if the ebay sways are good quality then get it, but i wouldnt go cheap on suspension mods. jus my .2 gl on your mods.
Old 06-15-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
for that i would go tein super street, than tanabe 22mm rear sway bar, tanabe 26mm front sway bar, tanabe underbody brace...that'll come out to be about that...and it'll make handling much much easier...or turbo...homemade turbos go for decent prices
Old 06-15-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
do a full interior RSX swap. minus the dash
Old 06-15-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
i like the kyb agx's i got, they are 4 way adjustable and the adjustments make a good difference. then go for some swaybars. that will seriously change teh way the car drives and feels
Old 06-15-2006

im already turbo, not cheapo homemade either.

why would i swap the interior for an rsx? the only parts swappable are cluster and seats, i already have the ep3 seats that are the same as rsx in stature. but ill look into the rears, if they come in cloth. i dont want leather.

and as for tein, i wish i could but i wouldnt use them to their potential so it would be a waste of money for me.

Originally Posted by goodtimes
do you have ep3 rear disc's yet. that would be a good idea.
hmm got me thinking, i heard its doable for like 600 bucks for parts too.

Last edited by ncirom2003; 06-15-2006 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-15-2006
Registered!!

hmm got me thinking, i heard its doable for like 600 bucks for parts too.
naw man not even 600 bucks i got mine for 280 and got some goodrige ss brake lines from an ep3 i was good to go.
Old 06-15-2006
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough
new wheels for SURE.

new trunk.

all i can see from your sig. post more pics up, i can give you more tips.
Old 06-15-2006

save the money for a rainy day...
Old 06-15-2006

Originally Posted by goodtimes
naw man not even 600 bucks i got mine for 280 and got some goodrige ss brake lines from an ep3 i was good to go.
damn! dont you need a ton of parts? where did you get it all?

Originally Posted by vacivic2005
new wheels for SURE.

new trunk.

all i can see from your sig. post more pics up, i can give you more tips.
haha tempting trust me, but im somewhat proud of it cus i did it myself (brother painted it tho)

im too lazy for more pics tho, and ive got a lip kit goin on soon.

Last edited by ncirom2003; 06-15-2006 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-16-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
wrong thread oops!!
Old 06-16-2006
Registered!!

damn! dont you need a ton of parts? where did you get it all?

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=212186

theres the thread that i got all my help from, the reason i got mine for kinda cheap is cuz i got it off a member on 7thgen.

Old 06-16-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

do this it should be fairly cheap
http://www.filecabi.net/video/rofcketcar.html
Old 06-16-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
aem big brake kit?
Old 06-16-2006

^ i need to fit my 14" steelies and hybrid rims(drag radials)
Old 06-16-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
oh, you have hybrid rims? sweet. i was thinkin about that for a while but they just dont look great. whats the weight on those?
Old 06-17-2006

i think theyre 13 lbs or sumthin. i only have two with the drag radials mounted, i sprayed them glossy black.
Old 06-17-2006
Premium Member

hmm not bad. i have an idea, buy a beater civic for 500-1000, and use the rest of money to make it look nice and a few noise mods like exhaust. then you got a car to go ricing around in haha
Old 06-17-2006
balatuba

Buwisit is an unknown quantity at this point
invest on good suspension ftw!

Quick Reply: 1700 dollars and no ideas.........