Coupes, a girls car? - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2006   #1
Pinkslip Racer

karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough
Coupes, a girls car?

I don't know if its just in my area (Montreal, Quebec) but i'd day 75% of the coupes here are driven by 20-30 yr old women. Anyone else notice this, or is it just area specific?
karizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #2
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
in a girls eyes it's probably a much more "CUTE" car than the sedan....but just my thoughts
bOoStEd042dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #3
Registered!!

UrAverageCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I notice it but i don't care, a car is a car.
UrAverageCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #4
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
This is commonly true, but most girls buy cars only on looks, and generally coupes look better.
diskreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #5
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
^^^ actually sedans look better AND atleast we dont drive 06's that interior is uber girly
Kevbotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #6

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
I like my sedan a lot. Its a good looking car, but took a lot to get it there.
I do think the BC2 kits on the coupes look stellar though.

And the 06 interior is not girly, its just very different. Something new.
Old 06-13-2006   #7
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
in my area girls AND older women (50 and under) ate up Celicas, the new VW Beetles, cougars, and base mustangs like no other! I'm predicting that Saturn Sky will be the next chick car, but there havent been many out yet.

as for the 7thgens, yup young girls drive the coupes and moms drove the sedans.
XxSoVeReiGNxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #8
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSoVeReiGNxX
in my area girls AND older women (50 and under) ate up Celicas, the new VW Beetles, cougars, and base mustangs like no other! I'm predicting that Saturn Sky will be the next chick car, but there havent been many out yet.

as for the 7thgens, yup young girls drive the coupes and moms drove the sedans.
yeaa NJ is crowded wit young girls wit civics and tC's
djrabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #9
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
sedans r ghey

j/k
HondaKorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #10
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaKorn
sedans r ghey

j/k
. not when i own them .
Rennen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #11
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
I smell a civil war coming....sedans vs. coupes
Old 06-13-2006   #12
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
I have a white coupe, I think it is girly. Good thing I have dark tint though.
Taffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #13
Registered!!

jrb121180 will become famous soon enough
yeah i went to college at a beach school where the ratio of girls was like 7 to 10. usually if you saw a civic on the way to the beach it was full of hot girls.
jrb121180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #14
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevbotron
I smell a civil war coming....sedans vs. coupes
That would be pretty cool, bring it on! CoupesSedans
boricua_civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #15
I like my commute

Quote:
Originally Posted by boricua_civic
That would be pretty cool, bring it on! CoupesSedans
The first shot has been fired! take that coupes
Old 06-13-2006   #16
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
coupe a girls car.... well, you are what you eat!
djmota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #17
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Don't be a stupe, drive a coupe!
pon55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #18
Registered!!

the only thing sedans are good for is putting babys in the back seat.
go coupes
Old 06-13-2006   #19
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
whenever I see a sport compact in stock form if its a coupe I think girls car. That goes for pretty much everything from civic, eclipse, prelude, neon, cavalier, TC whatever. And the sedan version if avalible I usually think more of a guys car. Now when it comes to mid sized cars like a g6 GTP, or BMW M3 or somethig sporty I think guy car. But as for me i'll never own another coupe unless its a convertable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb121180
the only thing sedans are good for is putting babys in the back seat.
go coupes
or makeing them
I live by this moddo coupes are cute, sedans are sexy.

Last edited by ajhdragon; 06-13-2006 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
ajhdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #20
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by pon55
Don't be a stupe, drive a coupe!
sedans are for older women
whose hair is thinning
extra 2 doors to store
tampon and black linen....

Last edited by HondaKorn; 06-13-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-13-2006   #21
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb121180
the only thing sedans are good for is makeing babys in the back seat.
go coupes
^ ^ ^

The only way I can post is to go to 10thgen??????????????????
"fatel error" ect

Last edited by pon55; 06-13-2006 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-13-2006   #22
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaKorn
sedans are for older women
whose hair is thinning
extra 4 doors to store
tampon and black linen....
apprently coupes are for people who can't do simple math. sedans only have 2 extra doors buddy and as for the sedan aspect of things overall. lets look at 2 of the biggest most wanted tuner cars on the market. That more than half the people on this website want over thier civic weather they have a coupe or not. Can anybody guess them?

thats right the EVO and WRX
Old 06-13-2006   #23
Life is better with 5lug

dammit! I knew something was off on that rhyme......im just adding fuel to the fire......wrx is my next car...;-)
Old 06-13-2006   #24
Registered!!

And the war is on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2006   #25
Registered!!

um, i think people want them because they are fast, not because of the 4 doors
Old 06-13-2006   #26

I hope there is no war. 7th gen sedans and coupes both have really good styling, and even better kits available to them.

The big thing the sedans have, though, is that you can fit 5 adults any time, and they will all have enough room to be reasonably comfortable.
Old 06-13-2006   #27
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
sedans are better looking all around...
modoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006   #28

I like the way the 2 doors look, and would take one over my sedan, but for every nice coupe there is a sedan equally as nice.
Old 06-13-2006   #29
7thgens official a$$hole

from generation to generation imo 5thgen is the sedan, 6thgen coupe, 7thgen both great looking, 8thgen coupe.
Old 06-13-2006   #30

the 8th gen sedan looks MUCH better from behind, the coupe MUCH better from the front