Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

New Vic Owner.. $1000 for first mod.. what to get?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006
Im the man in the box

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ledbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud of
Get some suspension mods going. It's something you can do that's not only a fun project (If you DIY) but you can really feel the difference.
Old 06-06-2006
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
tires, rims, suspension would be best first mods
Old 06-06-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stinkypie
1,000 Whopper Jrs

bwuahahahahahahahahhahaha OMG
Old 06-06-2006
I'll flip out and kill people.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned
suspension first looks better than rims with a 3 in gap between them and the car.
Old 06-06-2006
Registered!!

oi2325 is an unknown quantity at this point
+suspension-struts and springs---no coilovers---
my experience was bad, worst ride ever, but it looked good standing still
-the springs and struts will only set you back at most $600, go through dezod.com and truehonda.com and compare the deals they have
+then tint your car as dark as you can and get away with
This way you can have a lowered car and no one will tell you to drop it, and you dont have excessive wheel gap before you get rims. Just make sure that you leave enough of a gap for the size rims you like, ie... drop that looks awsome with 16's might look like crap with 19's. Plus your car is a little cooler and looks better with tint(black car with black windows and all).
Old 06-06-2006
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
tein SS coil overs, spc camber kit and a good alignment. BEST MOD EVER.
Old 06-06-2006
Registered!!

oh yea thats true, dont forget the Camber kit if you drop. you get some cool baldys
Old 06-06-2006
Registered!!

free_refil will become famous soon enoughfree_refil will become famous soon enough
Screw suspension, the stock suspension is FINE!!! The best overall first upgrade you can do to IMPROVE YOUR CAR would be to completely sound deaden the car from firewall to trunk. Your car will be as quiet as a BMW while cruising the roads, and will even improve the SQ of the stock radio too. I believe this to be one of the most worthwhile investments you can make to a cheaper car like the Civic.
Old 06-06-2006
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
On top of everything said so far, I have to say a PC7424 with quility pads and good products to keep your paint looking new. Your car with drop, wheels, tint, system, and swirlmarks out the along with other random scratches . All that with paint that looks brand new
Old 06-07-2006
Registered!!

Chesskid1 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've decided to go with this setup.. ordering rims and tires in a week or so then drop within 2-3 months when I save money? Tint in about 2 weeks, it's my birthday and that's what I requested from my parents (who won't spend that much on me, around ~$200)... sound like a good plan everyone? I know you guys almost all of you said SUSPENSION but you can't see really see it, so I would think rims right now then drop later would be fine.. sound good?
Old 06-07-2006
Registered!!

show us how it comes out
Old 06-07-2006
i have a new home do u

v8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of light
i see your from the dayton area dont buy from any local shops there all shiester pimps
Old 06-08-2006
Pinkslip Racer

karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough
i would never get rims before a drop. your car will look like a small truck. get suspension, you can see the difference, but even better, you FEEL the difference. a LOT more beneficial as a first mod than rims. i did my car in this order

sound system
tints
intake
hid's
suspension
next mod will def be rims and tires, then after that might be dropping in a rsx engine (found a deal at $1400 canadian in my area)
Old 06-08-2006
Registered!!

depotcivic has a spectacular aura aboutdepotcivic has a spectacular aura aboutdepotcivic has a spectacular aura about
If you get rims before you drop you will regret. I did....almost made me want to put back my stock rims and tires. lol
Old 06-08-2006
Registered!!

prccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Suspension

Originally Posted by depotcivic
If you get rims before you drop you will regret. I did....almost made me want to put back my stock rims and tires. lol

buy coilovers and it doesn't matter...u can make any rim look good

Last edited by prccivic; 06-08-2006 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-08-2006
Registered!!

free_refil will become famous soon enoughfree_refil will become famous soon enough
If you get big enough rims then it won't look ridiculous. 19's look fine with stock suspension...
Old 06-08-2006
Registered!!

http://www.dezod.com/pd_ingalls_susp...ivic_01051.cfm

would something like that be all i need to get a drop that will be reliable? that's a not bad price.. and several of you guys posted to get packages from dezod.com.. i don't need anything fancy or anything, just something that will drop my car for it looks better and will be reliable. Me and my dad could install it in a weekend, i don't much about cars, but my dad worked on older cars so he could help me and there's a DIY in the wheels and suspension forum. With that price, I could get rims shortly thereafter! and btw my dad doesn't want me to get a drop because it snows a bit in ohio, but not alot.. should i be worried? I know to switch back to my stock tires/rims in winter, but what about drop? would i be okay in winter ?

Mind you, I know basically zilch about cars, i just found this site while seaching for honda civic and I really just loved the look of civics.

Last edited by Chesskid1; 06-08-2006 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-08-2006
I like my commute

Kevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of lightKevbotron is a glorious beacon of light
If you are concerned about the drop where you live due to the winter... go with a smaller drop. We get about 10 ft annual snowfall in the winter, and I'm putting on the Pro Kit because its only a 1" drop. I think so long as you use the stock wheels in the winter you'll be all set.
Old 06-08-2006
Registered!!

alright, so buying that kit from dezod is all I need? Using that kit on stock springs will be okay, and if in the future i decide to get tokico blues and want better suspension.. i can just do that, right? Thanks alot for the advice guys. I know soon my car will look as good as you guy's
Old 06-09-2006
i have a new home do u

v8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of light
dont be worried about a drop and winter. i know what kind of snow you get it isnt anything. i drove my civic with a 2" drop trough 6" of snow no problem
Old 06-09-2006
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man!

EXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura about
Well, it seems like you pretty much decided what to do with your cash, but I still want to put in my two cents. I'd say devote $250 to a nice head unit for your stereo (which will make your stock speakers sound SO much better, as long as it has a high sensitivity rating) then $550 for Tokico blues and Tein springs (Eibach's are overpriced) then $150 for a window tint (unless it's not really all that sunny where you live) and then that last $50 on Iridium spark plugs. If that's not the case and you never see the sun where you live, then I'd say spend that last $200 on cold air intake. Makes the car sound better, get better fuel economy, and MIGHT add a couple horses.
Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

if you go with the kit from dezod that is a good deal, just that since your car is about 7 years old, you might need new struts later depending on how it has been driven and will be driven. Either way you will want to install some new struts later for an even better ride quality. Since you have an 01-02, correct me if im wrong, you have direct replacement when it comes to your aftermarket struts compared to 03-04 where you need to cut and reuse the strut housing. So anyway, I would suggest getting new struts so you can install them the same time as the spring set-up and you wont need to "fix" them later
Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

D17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura aboutD17thgen has a spectacular aura about
something that you will enjoy until the lifetime of the car and not attract theives.

my first mods were stereo then came the tint.
Old 06-09-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
hmm tint is a great idea. thats always my first "mod" to the car. stereos can be stolen. its happened with plenty of people on this site. tint is a must though.
Old 06-10-2006
Registered!!

hmm.. i have a couple questions about tint

1. do ppl get the front windshield tinted?
2. what % should I get? I want to get it even all around, ohio law states that the front side have to be 50% or light and the other windows can be anything, but 50% is kinda light i heard, i have a black vic, should I just get 25% all the way around?

thanks for any advice, i found a shop having a special tint for $120 and it's a cheap little upgrade that makes a difference so i'm going to get it within a couple days.
Old 06-10-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
get 20 percent. don't do the windshield.
Old 06-10-2006
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
I'm still for getting the pc. When you have the car for longer and have tiny scratches, you'll kick yourself for not getting it.
Old 06-10-2006
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man!

EXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura aboutEXsmellsbetter has a spectacular aura about
Oh, and take off those mud flaps!!
Old 06-11-2006
Registered!!

Ricky is an unknown quantity at this point
Drop It Yet.. Just Get Some Rims And Tints...if You Planning To Get Ground Effect Later If You Drop Your Car Now It Maybe Be To Low

RIMS= 17/205/40

Last edited by Ricky; 06-11-2006 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-11-2006
Premium Member

jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
keep saving and swap or turbo, or maybe build up the d17

Quick Reply: New Vic Owner.. $1000 for first mod.. what to get?