Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

i got a HUGE problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006
slave to the freaky ass booty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VTEK2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation i got a HUGE problem

ok so last night i lost my keys. searched everywere and i still cant find them. when i bought my car from a private seller, he only gave me 1 key. when i went to the hardware store go get a spare i didnt know that Honda has to go program it. what the fvck do i do now?
along with my keys was my Viper alarm thing. i dont want people to find it and steal my car.

oh yea, i want people to give me advice on what to do, not people saying "oh that sucks" or give a smart *** answer. if u dont know what i should do, then dont say ****.
Old 05-31-2006
Registered!!

R3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to allR3DL1N3 is a name known to all
why dont you go to honda and have them make you another key?
Old 05-31-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I'd call a Honda dealership...I think they can cut keys and program them with the VIN number from your car.
Old 05-31-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
hopefully you have the key code....... pretty much the only way is to have Honda make you another key and flash it with the proper code.... sorry man.
Old 05-31-2006
Registered!!

FreedomEagle has a spectacular aura aboutFreedomEagle has a spectacular aura aboutFreedomEagle has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by VTEK2k2
not people saying "oh that sucks" :
that sucks jk go to honda
Old 05-31-2006
Registered!!

Rob2005SEcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Go to a Honda dealer with your Vin and Proof of ownership of the car.. they can cut you a key from the Vin but they need the car at the dealership to program it.. unless you know someone at the dealership that can hook you up it's gonna cost you about $150 for each key.. I believe the blank is $75 and my dealer charges $75 to program it.. as for the remote for the alarm I can't help you there..sorry about your luck man hope this helps..MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PROOF OF OWNERSHIP such as Title or Memorandum Title (that's what Ohio gives you so you can register the vehicle.) I don't know what they call it in Jersey.

correction.. I don't think they need the car there for the Key to be programmed I may have been confuzing that with the Keyless entry remote

Last edited by Rob2005SEcoupe; 05-31-2006 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-31-2006
Registered!!

KINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to all
check your glove box, it has a # code in it. the code you need for them to cut your key.
Old 05-31-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
unplug your alarm til you can get it reprogrammed, and lock the car manually. then pull the battery or unplug the ignition coils. otherwise bye bye car.
Old 05-31-2006

ok so i just got back from honda. they said its $40 for a new key, $90 for them to put the chip in and program it, and i need to tow my car there so they can do it.

i gota go get my alarm taken out now
Old 05-31-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Safest thing to do is get new keys made but get the ECU flashed to accept a different code. You don't want working keys floating around.
Also take care of the alarm. Can you get that changed for different key fobs?
Old 05-31-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
ohhhhh that sucks ahahah...... call honda to give u a blank key and they will flash it or something.. aahah
Old 06-01-2006

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
same thing happen to me.... well almost... i had my spare keys for my car.... alram... steering wheel lock and clutch lock.. then one day someone broke into my apartment.. first thing i did was drive to the dealer.. reflash they key and get another one made.. yank out the alrma abd bought a new one.. threw out the 2 clubs and bought a new one... kinda sucks to put all that to waste
Old 06-01-2006
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
oh that sucks
Old 06-02-2006

found the keys
they were in the back of someones car...im such an idiot.

well, saves me money and aggrivation. thanks

close thread
Old 06-02-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Well at least you found them.

You can close it yourself...At the top, click on Thread tools, then click close.
Old 06-02-2006
A big, hairy Kentucky boy

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
Originally Posted by VTEK2k2
found the keys
they were in the back of someones car...im such an idiot.

well, saves me money and aggrivation. thanks

close thread
Since you have the keys, I would go ahead and get another one made when you get the money. I gave my second set of keys to the only woman I could ever trust to keep them somewhere that only she knows about: my mom. Also, my girlfriend has one of my valet keys just in case something happens. It's nearly impossible to lock your keys in our civics, but you never know when you might lose the keys.
Old 06-02-2006

very true