Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   i got a HUGE problem (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/263946-i-got-huge-problem.html)

VTEK2k2 05-31-2006 02:48 PM

i got a HUGE problem

ok so last night i lost my keys. searched everywere and i still cant find them. when i bought my car from a private seller, he only gave me 1 key. when i went to the hardware store go get a spare i didnt know that Honda has to go program it. what the fvck do i do now?
along with my keys was my Viper alarm thing. i dont want people to find it and steal my car.

oh yea, i want people to give me advice on what to do, not people saying "oh that sucks" or give a smart ass answer. if u dont know what i should do, then dont say shit.:help:

R3DL1N3 05-31-2006 02:57 PM

why dont you go to honda and have them make you another key?

01HonderCivic 05-31-2006 02:57 PM

I'd call a Honda dealership...I think they can cut keys and program them with the VIN number from your car.

CuRiOuSfIsH 05-31-2006 02:59 PM

hopefully you have the key code....... pretty much the only way is to have Honda make you another key and flash it with the proper code.... sorry man.

FreedomEagle 05-31-2006 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by VTEK2k2
not people saying "oh that sucks" :

that sucks :lol: jk go to honda

Rob2005SEcoupe 05-31-2006 03:11 PM

Go to a Honda dealer with your Vin and Proof of ownership of the car.. they can cut you a key from the Vin but they need the car at the dealership to program it.. unless you know someone at the dealership that can hook you up it's gonna cost you about $150 for each key.. I believe the blank is $75 and my dealer charges $75 to program it.. as for the remote for the alarm I can't help you there..sorry about your luck man hope this helps..MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PROOF OF OWNERSHIP such as Title or Memorandum Title (that's what Ohio gives you so you can register the vehicle.) I don't know what they call it in Jersey.

correction.. I don't think they need the car there for the Key to be programmed I may have been confuzing that with the Keyless entry remote

KINGCHILE 05-31-2006 03:15 PM

check your glove box, it has a # code in it. the code you need for them to cut your key.

gearbox 05-31-2006 04:15 PM

unplug your alarm til you can get it reprogrammed, and lock the car manually. then pull the battery or unplug the ignition coils. otherwise bye bye car.

VTEK2k2 05-31-2006 04:37 PM

ok so i just got back from honda. they said its $40 for a new key, $90 for them to put the chip in and program it, and i need to tow my car there so they can do it.

i gota go get my alarm taken out now

diskreet 05-31-2006 05:02 PM

Safest thing to do is get new keys made but get the ECU flashed to accept a different code. You don't want working keys floating around.
Also take care of the alarm. Can you get that changed for different key fobs?

djrabbi 05-31-2006 05:06 PM

ohhhhh that sucks ahahah...... call honda to give u a blank key and they will flash it or something.. aahah

xproductionz 06-01-2006 12:29 AM

same thing happen to me.... well almost... i had my spare keys for my car.... alram... steering wheel lock and clutch lock.. then one day someone broke into my apartment.. first thing i did was drive to the dealer.. reflash they key and get another one made.. yank out the alrma abd bought a new one.. threw out the 2 clubs and bought a new one... kinda sucks to put all that to waste

Al Gore FTW 06-01-2006 01:43 AM

oh that sucks

VTEK2k2 06-02-2006 04:56 PM

found the keys
they were in the back of someones car...im such an idiot.

well, saves me money and aggrivation. thanks

close thread

01HonderCivic 06-02-2006 05:13 PM

Well at least you found them.

You can close it yourself...At the top, click on Thread tools, then click close.

stinkypie 06-02-2006 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by VTEK2k2
found the keys
they were in the back of someones car...im such an idiot.

well, saves me money and aggrivation. thanks

close thread

Since you have the keys, I would go ahead and get another one made when you get the money. I gave my second set of keys to the only woman I could ever trust to keep them somewhere that only she knows about: my mom. Also, my girlfriend has one of my valet keys just in case something happens. It's nearly impossible to lock your keys in our civics, but you never know when you might lose the keys.

VTEK2k2 06-02-2006 05:51 PM

very true