Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

sparco torino in 04 coupe

Old 05-16-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura about
sparco torino in 04 coupe

hey guys i just bought 2 new sparco torino's!!! without brackets or slider or any thing.. should i buy some or use my oem ones from my original seats and would a shop just be able to mod them?? need help need these bad boys installed.. what should i do?i got a 04 ex coupe.. als would like to install race 4 point harness but still use my backet seats..any ideas??
Old 05-16-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
well I would suggest getting new sliders and brackets, if you can afford them!

As for 4 point keeping back seats, I would suggest looking at getting a harness bar custom made (stretches across B pillars where top OEM belts bolt up.) So they have to really crawl in the back, but can still sit there if they can get in.
Old 05-16-2006
Registered!!

mateusz is an unknown quantity at this point
buy some brackets...ebay like $50
Old 05-17-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Harness bar, i got one from CorSportUsa.com. For the 4 point harnesses. Works great, but it is hard to get in the back seats.
Old 05-17-2006
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
You need sparco's brackets/slider if you want it to work properly. I have a Torino passenger seat and that's what I use. Its a tad expensive to get official parts, but you don't want one of the best safety/seat brands in the world to FAIL in an accident because you used some crap bracket. You can order direct from sparco or find them through a 3rd party. I actually got mine through NOPI.

And no you cannot modify the stock bracket.
Old 05-17-2006
Registered!!

HwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura about
so i need a sparco bracket and slider for a 04 civic only?
Old 05-17-2006
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
no... anything from an 01-05 will work.. its 3 parts you need.

the 01-05 specific bracket
the universal adapter
the slider

sparco makes it fairly simple. call them and get all the part numbers you'd need, then shop around for a price. or get a good local shop to help you...

or maybe someone on here can dig it up.
Old 05-17-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
There is an article about using OEM brackets to mount aftermarket seats. But you mod them for your aftermarket seats then your out of OEM brackets in case something happens. My suggestion would be to go with the Sliders from Sparco and getting the Bracket made for our cars.

It goes Bracket>Slider>Seat

I made sure I got the Recaro Sliders and the specific brackets so that everything fits together nicely and is alot safer.
Old 05-17-2006
Registered!!

ebay breckets with sparco sliders will that be okay???
Old 05-17-2006

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
ummm it could be ok, but i wouldn't trust ebay. Call Chuck at ShowStoppersUSA, tell him Drew sent you, he'll hook ya up with the right stuff.
Old 05-18-2006
Registered!!

so brackets and sliders fomr showstoppers?
Old 05-18-2006

Yes, thats all you need.
Old 05-18-2006
Registered!!

you have a sn so i can im you ?

can i do install my self or do i need profrssional?

Last edited by HwNpRyDe_CiViC; 05-18-2006 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-18-2006
7th Gen Photographer

I had a mechanic friend of mine install it... but I would do it professionally if I were you. Also - when you call ShowStoppers, just make sure if you need the third part like I did... or maybe it's not necessary.
Old 05-18-2006
Registered!!

ok so .. i guess im going to buy ebay brackets and sparco sliders.. that is all i need for thm to insatll correct???and then my seat will have movment just like my oem seats?

seats.. i have 2 of them sorrie

Last edited by HwNpRyDe_CiViC; 05-18-2006 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-18-2006

Why do it professionally? It takes you about an hour to put seats in. Its sooooo simple, you just unbolt your seats, tilt them back, cut the zipties and unplug the ABS and seat belt clips. Take the seats out, 1 bolt hold the seat belt on so take those off. Now take your sparco seats, bolt the slider to the seat, then bolt the bracket to the seat, now bolt the seat belt back to the bracket and plug the plugs back in. Then bolt back in.

If you can't do that then there is something wrong. A 10 yr old could do it. Why pay someone $100-$200 to install your seats? Doesn't make sense. I have AIM, my icon on all my threads i post. With the sliders and brackets you'll be able to slide them back and forth just like OEM.
Old 05-19-2006
Registered!!

ok will beoprdering soon so ill im or pm you when i get them...brackets n sliders taht is.. sparco said i need adapters also
Old 05-19-2006
7th Gen Photographer

Originally Posted by HwNpRyDe_CiViC
sparco said i need adapters also
SEE DREW!?!? At least I got some of my advice right in this thread. Punk. LOL
Old 05-19-2006

I never said anything about not needing the 3 part. I just said that he doesn't need a professional to do it. And i told him to give Chuck a call to get the right stuff.
Old 05-19-2006
Registered!!

440 total from shwostoppersusa....