Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

EM2/EP3 Theft Proof?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ProjectionCoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
EM2/EP3 Theft Proof?

i notice a lot of ef,eg, and eks getting jacked .
and personally ive never heard of one em2/ep3 getting jacked.

does anybody even know if anybodys ever even stolen these cars?
Old 05-11-2006
PWIT
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
its cause we have immobilzers, only way to steal our cars is to tow them away which isnt all that easy to do without being noticed.
Old 05-11-2006
Wanna see a donkey show?

cg95660 is an unknown quantity at this point
I too have pondered this. Is this immobilizer and good as it states or is it more false hope. The old saying if they want it bad enough they will get it is so true but will this slow them down enough for me to get to em.
Old 05-11-2006
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
the immobilizer requires a chip that is in your key to activate it. so with out that key it cant be hot wired, if you dont put your ebrake on they can use a big like 3ton jack and lift your front end and roll you away. i did this to a freinds car cause he parked in my spot.
Old 05-11-2006
EK Hatch

Ser1N is an unknown quantity at this point
7thgen civics are almost as hard to jack as benz. My EK almost got jacked with no problem one time =(
Old 05-12-2006
Boost is so good make you wanna slap ya mamma

red_sun is on a distinguished road
I think there are ways to get around the immobilizer because higher dollar cars with immobilizers get stolen it’s just that a civic isn’t worth it. Most smash and grab and joy riders don’t have the tech or knowledge to bypass the immobilizer and the professional thief’s don't want to risk going to jail on a car that doesn’t have any parts in high demand.
Old 05-12-2006
EK Hatch

Ser1N is an unknown quantity at this point
red_sun
I think there are ways to get around the immobilizer because higher dollar cars with immobilizers get stolen it’s just that a civic isn’t worth it. Most smash and grab and joy riders don’t have the tech or knowledge to bypass the immobilizer and the professional thief’s don't want to risk going to jail on a car that doesn’t have any parts in high demand.

I very much agree with that statement
Old 05-12-2006
PWIT

yeah your prolly right, but still immobilzers are great. and will def slow down the theif if not provent them completly, they just suck when you lose your key, cause they your paying honda 65+ bucks. lol
Old 05-12-2006
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
i know how to steal a rsx or ep3... hehe
Old 05-12-2006

K20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by HondaLuver
i know how to steal a rsx or ep3... hehe
That's easy...well it is...you don't have to be a PRO...K?

And yeah, you also don't see too many EM2's stolen because EVERYONE HATES OUR CARS.

Last edited by SLeePeRCIVICHopeful; 05-12-2006 at 01:32 AM.
Old 05-12-2006
Registered!!

SEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of lightSEN_ONE is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by red_sun
I just said the same exact thing today to a guy at work that drives an SLK.
This is funny because I get home and this is the first post on the home page after having this conversation at work. Red Sun is 100% correct.
Old 05-14-2006
Lost in the Matrix

Transformer_Guy is on a distinguished road
They have a master key for 7gens out there. I know of someone who had thiers broken into and had the interior stripped. They cant drive away because of the imobalizer but they can unlock the door with it.
Old 05-14-2006
Registered!!

cleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trustedcleancivic 05 should not be trusted
the immobilzer only slow them down