Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   EM2/EP3 Theft Proof? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/260969-em2-ep3-theft-proof.html)

ProjectionCoupe 05-11-2006 10:44 PM

EM2/EP3 Theft Proof?

i notice a lot of ef,eg, and eks getting jacked .
and personally ive never heard of one em2/ep3 getting jacked.

does anybody even know if anybodys ever even stolen these cars?

CenZ 05-11-2006 11:01 PM

its cause we have immobilzers, only way to steal our cars is to tow them away which isnt all that easy to do without being noticed.

cg95660 05-11-2006 11:13 PM

I too have pondered this. Is this immobilizer and good as it states or is it more false hope. The old saying if they want it bad enough they will get it is so true but will this slow them down enough for me to get to em.

CenZ 05-11-2006 11:23 PM

the immobilizer requires a chip that is in your key to activate it. so with out that key it cant be hot wired, if you dont put your ebrake on they can use a big like 3ton jack and lift your front end and roll you away. i did this to a freinds car cause he parked in my spot.

Ser1N 05-11-2006 11:58 PM

7thgen civics are almost as hard to jack as benz. My EK almost got jacked with no problem one time =(

red_sun 05-12-2006 12:05 AM

I think there are ways to get around the immobilizer because higher dollar cars with immobilizers get stolen it’s just that a civic isn’t worth it. Most smash and grab and joy riders don’t have the tech or knowledge to bypass the immobilizer and the professional thief’s don't want to risk going to jail on a car that doesn’t have any parts in high demand.

Ser1N 05-12-2006 12:09 AM

red_sun
I think there are ways to get around the immobilizer because higher dollar cars with immobilizers get stolen it’s just that a civic isn’t worth it. Most smash and grab and joy riders don’t have the tech or knowledge to bypass the immobilizer and the professional thief’s don't want to risk going to jail on a car that doesn’t have any parts in high demand.

:tup: I very much agree with that statement

CenZ 05-12-2006 12:13 AM

yeah your prolly right, but still immobilzers are great. and will def slow down the theif if not provent them completly, they just suck when you lose your key, cause they your paying honda 65+ bucks. lol

HondaLuver 05-12-2006 12:57 AM

i know how to steal a rsx or ep3... hehe

K20me 05-12-2006 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by HondaLuver
i know how to steal a rsx or ep3... hehe

That's easy...well it is...you don't have to be a PRO...K? ;)

And yeah, you also don't see too many EM2's stolen because EVERYONE HATES OUR CARS.

SEN_ONE 05-12-2006 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by red_sun

I just said the same exact thing today to a guy at work that drives an SLK.
This is funny because I get home and this is the first post on the home page after having this conversation at work. Red Sun is 100% correct.

Transformer_Guy 05-14-2006 01:34 AM

They have a master key for 7gens out there. I know of someone who had thiers broken into and had the interior stripped. They cant drive away because of the imobalizer but they can unlock the door with it.

cleancivic 05 05-14-2006 02:21 AM

the immobilzer only slow them down