Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

intake help..

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sicivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
intake help..

so i installed my aem sri yesterday and when i'm at wide open throttle at low rpm's, i don't really hear anything. with other cars i know theres a deep sound but mine has no sound. and at high rpm's it doesn't sound like other intakes. is that right for our cars? or did i do something wrong?
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

gipperkid is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like the needle on your gas gauge is going drop very quickly. But, the intake, CAI or SRI, is really on audible at high rpms. You may hear air being sucked through the filter at low rpms, but thats about it.
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gipperkid
Sounds like the needle on your gas gauge is going drop very quickly. But, the intake, CAI or SRI, is really on audible at high rpms. You may hear air being sucked through the filter at low rpms, but thats about it.

so we don't get that deep throaty sound at low rpm's? i hear it at high rpm's but it just sounds different from other cars.
Old 05-11-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
My AEM SRI, before it broke, sounded a little loud at low RPMs, went nearly to stock sound in the mid RPM range, and then made your ears bleed at high RPMs.
At low RPM mine sounded very deep and low.
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by diskreet
My AEM SRI, before it broke, sounded a little loud at low RPMs, went nearly to stock sound in the mid RPM range, and then made your ears bleed at high RPMs.
At low RPM mine sounded very deep and low.

maybe mine isn't on right or something because i don't hear anything at all at low-mid rpm range. but at high its pretty loud. but maybe my exhaust just over powers it at low. all i hear is my engine when i floor it.
Old 05-11-2006

diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
probable its the exhaust cause down low its not too loud, but its noticable.
What exhaust do you have? I have OEM.
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

probable its the exhaust cause down low its not too loud, but its noticable.
What exhaust do you have? I have OEM.
i have a ractive muffler with custom 2.25 inch piping. i don't like how it sounds anymore though, i want a new one. i want something a little quieter because mines pretty loud.
Old 05-11-2006

I know its really expensive, but what about the RS*R?
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

I know its really expensive, but what about the RS*R?
yea i'm looking into that, or even an apex'i exhaust.
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

Moonracer is an unknown quantity at this point
You won't hear much at low rpms cause it's not sucking in much air. The farther you depress the gas pedal and the higher your rpms are, the more air your engine will require. Which means it will get louder.
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
Originally Posted by sicivic01
maybe mine isn't on right or something because i don't hear anything at all at low-mid rpm range.
LOL this is funny
you would know if it wasnt on right because you would be able to tell by looking at it. wait, because it doesnt create a bunch of in cab resonance your disappointed??? kind of ironic dont you think. seems more like you bought the intake hoping for sounds rather than any kind of performance increase and that is just as funny!! LOL
Old 05-11-2006
Banned

djrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to alldjrabbi is a name known to all
Originally Posted by sicivic01
so i installed my aem sri yesterday and when i'm at wide open throttle at low rpm's, i don't really hear anything. with other cars i know theres a deep sound but mine has no sound. and at high rpm's it doesn't sound like other intakes. is that right for our cars? or did i do something wrong?
did you restart the ECU stuff, i know that has nuttin to do wit it, but mine was like that
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
yeah resetting the ecu isnt going ot give him SOUND! LOL
it will however let the car ercognize the intake faster to help with performance but it doesnt sound like that is his worry!
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

Moose03 is an unknown quantity at this point
how do u restart the ecu
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

unplug the battery for a like 5 minutes
Old 05-11-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i actually got the weapon-r cause the others (aem included) were way too loud. idk why you cant hear it. it annoyed the **** outta me
Old 05-12-2006
Registered!!

swifty2k is an unknown quantity at this point
I think it depends on your intake... I have a POS ractive SRI, and its quite a bit louder then my friends K&N typhoon all over the rpm range.
Deep down low, not much mid range, and VERY loud 4.5k+