Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

06 TC VS 05 civic SE

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006
The Woman Who Gave Birth to Rabbits. As seen on TV by QBoi.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the roughKadenx is a jewel in the rough
I really depends on what you are after. Everyone saying that the clutch burns quicker is forgetting that torque is not to kind on clutches but I really havent had any problems with mine. I dont have a tC but I have a 2az solara (same motor, tranny, clutch etc) and Im on 50000 trouble free miles. I drive spirited too. I am going to end up with a ZPI or DEZOD turbo. There's an auto 2az solara rolling on a hybrid zpi kit thats putting down 220 whp at 6 psi with emanage and no intercooler on a 16g. Pretty good to me. A manual would see a bit more
Old 04-28-2006
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by BoostedVik
no the interior is the same in all.. why do u think they drove the price to like 16G for new... its cuz they had to save money on every part... they didnt develop a new engine for it(using 2.4l camry engine) and put cheaper plastic inside.... thats why they are sold for less. but the reason the back seat is not comfortable is cuz its knew!!! but its a really good car with good power for the price

a super charger that makes 50 ponnies... thats not that good but not bad either... how many psi??? do u know?
it's so cheap because the car is monospec, meaning they are all the same, only options being side airbags, and automatic or manual transmission.

The TRD S/C with the oem pulley is 7psi. some people run up to 12 psi pullies.

and if you decide to go turbo, you can make crazy power with that motor without blowing it up. people are making 400+whp on an otherwise stock motor.
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

BoostedVik is an unknown quantity at this point
camry engine = 400whp+ thats hard for me to believe cuz even turbo built engine such as srt-4 are pushing the envalope with 400hp.. i mean its possible but stock internals ???? hard to believe

Last edited by BoostedVik; 04-28-2006 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2006
jdmtytedoridori
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by BoostedVik
camry engine = 400whp+ thats hard for me to believe cuz even turbo built engine such as srt-4 are pushing the envalope with 400hp.. i mean its possible but stock internals ???? hard to believe
check www.scionspeed.com

heres their graph:

and heres their engine mod list:
ENGINE
SCION SPEED STAGE III TURBO SYSTEM
GREDDY E-MANAGE W/BOOST SENSOR (FUEL/IGNITION)
R/C ENGINEERING 440CC INJECTOR SET
INNOVATIVE STREET HEAT 50 TRIM T04E/T3 HYBRID TURBOCHARGER
SCION SPEED 3" AIR INTAKE SYSTEM
K&N AIR FILTER
TURBO SMART ULTRA GATE 35MM WASTEGATE
TURBO SMART SUPERSONIC 38MM BLOW OFF VALVE
TURBO SMART e-BOOST BOOST MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
AEM UEGO WIDE BAND O2 AIR FUEL RATIO GAUGE
DENSO IRIDIUM IK20 TURBO SPARK PLUGS
SCION SPEED INTERCOOLER PIPING SYSTEM
SCION SPEED HYBRID FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER 3" BAR AND PLATE CORE
SCION SPEED STAINLESS STEEL HEADER MANIFOLD
SCION SPEED STAINLESS STEEL 2.5" DOWN PIPE W/RACE CAT
SCION SPEED 3" DUAL EXHAUST SYSTEM.
SCION SPEED 2.5" STAINLESS STEEL MID PIPE W/BRAIDED FLEX
OPTIMA SPIRAL CELL RED TOP BATTERY
BILLET ALUMINUM BATTERY HOLDER
REDLINE WATER WETTER PERFORMANCE COOLANT
REDLINE 10W30 SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL

i hear they have shitty customer service though, and since have gone out of business.

also, a link to ZPIracing's kit, they bolted this on and ran a 12.12 second 1/4 mile

http://www.zeropointindustries.net/s...products_id=36

ZPIracing and Dezod are the most respected of all the companies working to turbocharge the tc currently.

Last edited by mandangalo; 04-28-2006 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

looks good... u shut me up

but its ... tC is a fast machine
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

02cvcEX will become famous soon enough02cvcEX will become famous soon enough
tCs look awesome ... i wouldve gotten it if i had the choice, but i got stuck w/ my civic .. oh well
Old 04-28-2006
Back From The Banned!

CuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really niceCuRiOuSfIsH is just really nice
I cant imagine driving a 400WHP tC, the gearing is just too short to make good use of that power.
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

02cvcEX will become famous soon enough02cvcEX will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by mandangalo
the only thing that really sucks about this car is the fact that 75% of the people on the forums are hardcore ricers.
that's so true
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
about the 400+whp on stock internals i can believe. i mean they made it possible to do on the supra TT right? i think i read somewhere that with stock internals on the 2jz you can push upwards of 500 - 600 hp i think... though it's a totally different engine, toyota DID engineer the 2jz, and the tc engine or camry engine (same thing right?) toyota is known for making pretty buff engines
Old 04-28-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xkimsungminx
about the 400+whp on stock internals i can believe. i mean they made it possible to do on the supra TT right? i think i read somewhere that with stock internals on the 2jz you can push upwards of 500 - 600 hp i think... though it's a totally different engine, toyota DID engineer the 2jz, and the tc engine or camry engine (same thing right?) toyota is known for making pretty buff engines
one thing, 2jz was built for a turbo and the bottom end can handle 700hp and the tc engine is n/a built not for turbo... thats why i was suprised