Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Got my Car lowered today!! (Pics 56k may have to wait a sec.)

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Got my Car lowered today!! (Pics 56k may have to wait a sec.)

Before....

AFTER

Old 04-25-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
I like it
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

bOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enoughbOoStEd042dr will become famous soon enough
nice mod! nice looking taffeta tooo!
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

free_refil will become famous soon enoughfree_refil will become famous soon enough
Nice. What kinda springs and camber kit did ya get?
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

my1vtec is an unknown quantity at this point
cleeeean
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

Thanks everybody!

The kit was Tokico springs/struts/shocks.. I ran into a speed bump as the diamater of the rears were not the right size (the kit was for an 01-02), so I had them cut a coil on the rear springs. The rest of the car has complete Tokico upgrades. It came out MUCH better than I expected!

As for camber.. I don't really know (Ebay)
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
mud guards have to go bud...
but its looking nice.
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

To be honest, I'm not sure, there has never been any kind of obstructions on the front.

As for spring setup, its supposed to be 1.4" around.
Old 04-25-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
looks great man!!!
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

MarkieMark will become famous soon enough
clean drop!
still deciding on what setup I want.
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
the back is going to be bouncy with cut coils. you may want to look into a new set for the correct year in the near future. they will wear out fast too because they were cut
Old 04-25-2006
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
Originally Posted by familycar
the back is going to be bouncy with cut coils. you may want to look into a new set for the correct year in the near future. they will wear out fast too because they were cut
ya I agree, the back appears lower than the front?
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

As of right now, the ride is pretty solid and I've had no qualms.

If it does go, I will replace it. So until then.. I'm going to enjoy it.

Thanks for the props again guys
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
your springs will most likely come out of the mounting position as well since they are cut so if you hear a popping sound goin gin/out of driveways or parking lots you know what it is. i dont mean to be negative but why would you buy something and install it knowing it wasnt the right part. i just wait and take them back and install the correct one to save myself time and money. but we all live and learn. good luck with them!! car does look better lower just watch the rear the more is sags the sooner youll need to replace the springs with the correct ones that arent cut.
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

your springs will most likely come out of the mounting position as well since they are cut so if you hear a popping sound goin gin/out of driveways or parking lots you know what it is. i dont mean to be negative but why would you buy something and install it knowing it wasnt the right part. i just wait and take them back and install the correct one to save myself time and money. but we all live and learn. good luck with them!! car does look better lower just watch the rear the more is sags the sooner youll need to replace the springs with the correct ones that arent cut.
Hmm.. I'll probably just get another set soon then.

Its just frusterating to have to pay all that money to have **** replaced.

Do you know where I can get a set of 2 2004 honda Civic Tokico rear springs?
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

i have never experienced the tokico springs i am an eibach guy. i have had experience with about 4 or 5 different spring manufacturers but tokico is not one of them. i personally love eibach. to me they ahve the best ride quality. look inot another type if tokico doesnt make the correct ones. cut springs are more for stock springs. you should never have to cut an aftermarket spring especially to make it fit.

i know it is frustrating but always remember doing somehting right the first time is always the cheapest and gives the least headaches. if you try to live by that rule your car will progress in a forward manor. if you take a lot of short cuts you will end up replacing a lot of stuff in the long run costing you tons more money.

Last edited by familycar; 04-25-2006 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

i have never experienced the tokico springs i am an eibach guy. i have had experience with about 4 or 5 different spring manufacturers but tokico is not one of them. i personally love eibach. to me they ahve the best ride quality. look inot another type if tokico doesnt make the correct ones. cut springs are more for stock springs. you should never have to cut an aftermarket spring especially to make it fit.

i know it is frustrating but always remember doing somehting right the first time is always the cheapest and gives the least headaches. if you try to live by that rule your car will progress in a forward manor. if you take a lot of short cuts you will end up replacing a lot of stuff in the long run costing you tons more money.
Dammit..

Well I found another set.. Skunk2's..

thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CIVIC...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 04-26-2006
Registered!!

skunk2 are good springs a bit tight but good springs. it depends on how comfortable you want the ride to be. tien s techs are also good and so are the eibach prokits or sportlines. just make sure your getting the correct ones this times and dont rush into it.