Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

D17 Race Headers Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VTecCivic1505 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow D17 Race Headers Question

i have a 02 civic ex and i was wondering what kind of headers are best for sound and performance?? i heard of the DC sport 4-1 headers and 4-2-1 race Headers. My main question are the race headers so bad cause my mechanic told me that putting them on and replacing the cat with a straight pipe will cause a big touque loss and i will be alot slower off the line. I need to know if this is true or will the race headers give me a bigger power difference than the 4-1 headers.
Old 04-20-2006
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
woot third header thread.

don't go with DC crap header, if you really want a header go with megan or kamikaze
Old 04-20-2006
diamonds she will pretty much have to

ex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the roughex2k3 is a jewel in the rough
I'll help you out before someone says search and lock.

Your mechanic is right about the race header and straight pipe, those will make you lose low-end torque because of a drop in backpressure in the exhaust system. You will probably see the biggest horsepower gains with those, but you will be slower off the line and when it comes to street drivability you want all the low-end torque you can get.

I wouldn't suggest the DC shorty header either, it's basically an expensive stock replacement. If you want to replace the header you should go with hp racing or kamikaze, even megan racing has a decent header. When it comes to bolt ons you're not going to get much performance, it's basically for sound only.

Now, IBTL