Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

revo short shifter... nice

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supa_Fli is an unknown quantity at this point
revo short shifter... nice

for my birthday my wife got a revo short shifter that i'd been looking in at. the good and bad is that i love the short shifter (even though its only been in my car a few hours now). but i honsetly dont think people should order from robear although i dont know thier reputation, i had a real bad experience. its now april 19, my wife ordered it the first of march becase my bday is the 29th of march... as if that wasnt bad enough they didnt send the bolt that connects the main linkage to the shifter. well they better send it quick because my friend and i kinda rigged it... ok theres no "kinda" to that . but basically revo=good --robear=bad
Old 04-19-2006
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
This should be in transaction feedback.
Old 04-19-2006
Registered!!

soccer1cb is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^^ Agreed...any pics of the shifter tho?
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

aaahhhh crap, my bad everybody didnt see that section.
well i couldnt get my pictures to show but heres the link to the what the shifter looks like. and to add to the story the guy i talked to told me the stock one would fit, then i guess somebody told him what i found out, its tac welded, after a few emails he said it'll be here tomarrow... well see
Old 04-20-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
uhm there is no bolt that comes with the revo. you get only the shifter assembly. you have to reuse all stock bolt,cotter pins, washers etc.

Last edited by XSRCivic; 04-20-2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-20-2006
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
The one he has does have the little arm or whatever that the main linkage slide onto.. His is adjustable. The "bolt" for the main linkage slides up and down, hense making it adjustable. I'm assuming that this is whats missing.
Old 04-20-2006
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice

is this particular part you are talking about right? how does it not fit? its exactly the same as the stock shifter. is the hole too small? drill it out. you cant fit the cotter pin in when all the linkage is hooked up? pics would help us help you. its not robear's fault really. They like other internet/real life car import shops have many many customers.. they dont have time to thoroughly check to make sure every single item is in the box, hell even stuff thats not supposed to be in the box anyway.
Old 04-20-2006
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
the little black clips whatever they are always click when i shift well not always but most of the times they click into 3rd or Reverse
Old 04-20-2006
Premium Member

okay so your saying the little bracket with the bolt on it is missing? okay that clears things up...
Old 04-20-2006
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future

I think this is the piece he's talking about. See the bolt that makes this adjustable. I think that's what he's missing. That's my guess anyways.

Originally Posted by boxcarracer
the little black clips whatever they are always click when i shift well not always but most of the times they click into 3rd or Reverse
What little black clips? The C shaped clip that holds the main linkage down onto the assembly? If so I had the same problem, and I took a small piece of paper and put it over where the clip fits, then hit it down on and there is no more clicking.

Last edited by blackBDMcivicLX; 04-20-2006 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

^excatly on the stock its tac welded, and in the revo ss package they give an allen wrench like in the picture but i didnt get the bolt. and XSRCivic its not the one you boxed in its the other one that is welded, and i guess i could reuse it but its gonna be a bit of work
Old 04-23-2006

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
mine wasnt adjustable like that i dont think! wtf.
but yea i got the revo ss with the capyoda and grey's kit, works awsome!!!!
i love it.

and i had no problems with robear, got it in 5 days.
Old 04-24-2006
Registered!!

well they must like you because they s#!tted all over me and the wife
Old 05-31-2006
Registered!!

HotShotMedic is an unknown quantity at this point
i just recieved and installed my revo ss the other day (may 26). the small bolt and the even smaller hex nut was at the bottom of the REVO box buried in the packing shrimp. i had to shake all the shrimp out on the floor to find it. but what i didn't get was the washer, but i had one laying around.

btw, the revo short shifter is awesome!! got it at the shortest setting and i love it!
Old 05-31-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
mine came fine from robear racing...this is the second one i ordered from them and i have no had a problem. sorry to hear!
Old 05-31-2006

10 speed civic ??^^
Old 05-31-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ncirom2003
10 speed civic ??^^

nah i had the 1st gen revo and sold it to buy a 2nd gen. thank god the civic isnt a 10 speed. thing would be even slower.
Old 05-31-2006

first gear would be like 10:1 HAHA
so the first gen one is the one without an adjusting screw huh? thats what i got. ....what percentage is the first gen at? compared to the range of the second one.
Old 05-31-2006
Registered!!

lol, yeah the first one you cant adjust, but the second one you can. doesnt really matter IMO. THE FIRST ONE WAS FINE. hit the caps, my bad. im not sure what percentage it goes from. ill have to look. i got mine set in the middle. throw is pretty short but nice!
Old 05-31-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
Where the best place to buy the revo ss?
Old 06-01-2006
Registered!!

i got mine through robear racing..i ordred 2 from them and i never had one problem. came quick also.
Old 06-01-2006
Downed but not for good

bigmurr will become famous soon enoughbigmurr will become famous soon enough
I hear the short shifter lowers the ****, does anyone have a picture of it installed? I would hate for it to be so low it's annoying.
Old 06-01-2006
Registered!!

mine i low. i think mine is lower the the 1st one. dont have any pics sorry.
Old 06-01-2006

its not much lower, you have to look to realize
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

^^ this is true!
Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

well im glad to hear that you guys are having good shippments, 10 speeds or not! and im preddy sure that the % is from 0-40 i think thats what the box and the manual say. it is low though but thats what i wanted. its low as s#!t but i still can comfortably rest my arm on the arm rest and keep my hand on the ****. if i had a dig. camera i'd post, ill see if i can get some though

Originally Posted by ncirom2003
its not much lower, you have to look to realize
yeah after you get the **** on this IS true

Last edited by Supa_Fli; 06-09-2006 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-10-2006
Registered!!

aries2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
revo ss with skunk2 ****...

Old 06-11-2006
Registered!!

thats clean! my ***** greddy, im trying to post a pic. how'd you hold the boot up? i was thinking of using a zip tie, or a hose clamp if these guys will ever send me the other bolt.
Old 06-12-2006
Registered!!

aries2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Supa_Fli
thats clean! my ***** greddy, im trying to post a pic. how'd you hold the boot up? i was thinking of using a zip tie, or a hose clamp if these guys will ever send me the other bolt.
i used a couple springs my mechanic had laying around...

Old 06-14-2006
Registered!!

...aahhh ingenuity at its best, mad props.

real quick just to make sure.... if you set the linkage all the way up, thats the shortest throw right, just wondering

Last edited by Supa_Fli; 06-14-2006 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost