Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Heated wiper fluid for 7thgen Civics?

Old 03-17-2006
Racism sucks, just like your Mom...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of light
Heated wiper fluid for 7thgen Civics?

I know some of the newer vehicles out there have the option of heating up the wiper fluid. Is that strictly an OEM thing or does anyone know of an application that can be used, maybe even adopted, for the Civic?

No, these don't count...

http://www.everblades.com/

And, preferrably, cheaper than these...

http://app.infopia.com/Shop/Control/...sid/0/rid/4056

Only viable one that I've been able to find is this:

http://www.windshieldwiperheaters.com/

Anyone do this to their Civic? Any ideals?

Last edited by Scott Civic; 03-19-2006 at 10:20 PM.
Old 03-19-2006

Scott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of light
Old 03-19-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya they make em and one brand overheated and drained the battery. dumb if you ask me. washer fluid doesn't freeze anyway
Old 03-19-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
just keep an ice scraper in the car. once you get moving you can keep the wipers on and nothing will build up.
Old 03-19-2006
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
heated wiper blades would be better...
Old 03-19-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
or just turn the defrost on. thats why they invented it.
Old 03-19-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
better, but unnecessary
Old 03-19-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
Originally Posted by gearbox
or just turn the defrost on. thats why they invented it.

hence the term "DE-Frost" lol
Old 03-20-2006

ya they make em and one brand overheated and drained the battery. dumb if you ask me. washer fluid doesn't freeze anyway
Okay, great advice, guys. I know we have a DE-frost. Still, I thought it'd be nice to be able to melt off the snow and frost without having to stand outside and scrap it all off in the cold. I guess it's just me, though.

Gearbox, I'm assuming you had one and that it wasn't a pleasant experience. Do you remember the name-brand?
Old 03-20-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
They have that here at Canadian Tire (in Canada)... 60bux CDN

http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortmen...romSearch=true
Old 03-20-2006
Premium Member

yea thats the one that had the recall i believe for draining the battery and melting some wires. and if its snowing I bet the washer nozzles are plugged up anyway so you still need to thaw them with your finger or something.
Old 03-20-2006

yea thats the one that had the recall i believe for draining the battery and melting some wires. and if its snowing I bet the washer nozzles are plugged up anyway so you still need to thaw them with your finger or something.
Well, supposedly, it shoots out a burst of steam to unclog the nozzles (I'm talking about the heater from HotShot), then allows you to use the heated fluid.
Old 03-20-2006
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
The **** does work. It breaks down salt and **** that gets on the windshield better as well. It can also break down ice buildup on the blade itself. For the money, and if you live where theres lots of snow, ice, and salt like me, it does help
Old 03-20-2006
Registered!!

KINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to all
Just throw a towel on your windshield over night and take it off in the morning. That should take the ice or morning frost off with no prob. Plus its cheaper.
Old 03-20-2006

Originally Posted by KINGCHILE
Just throw a towel on your windshield over night and take it off in the morning. That should take the ice or morning frost off with no prob. Plus its cheaper.
You know, I'm all for penny-pinching and doing things the simple way, but that's too backwoods for even ME!
Old 03-21-2006
Registered!!

potayterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Get low resistors and cover it with sealant. Then add a switch to the resistor. Perhaps something to mix up the fluid. That should heat up windshield wiper fluid. That's the cheapest and easiest way. I thought about doing it to my car, but I live in FL. Doesn't get cold enough down here.
Old 03-21-2006
Registered!!

GACivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't that crack your windshield? A freezing cold windshield getting hit by hot water?
Old 03-21-2006
Registered!!

civic4dizoor is on a distinguished road
^ im pretty sure its not HOT boiling water
Old 03-21-2006
Registered!!

GACivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by civic4dizoor
^ im pretty sure its not HOT boiling water
It doesn't have to be boiling. You can break your windshield by spraying it with water from the hose.
Old 03-21-2006
Registered!!

civic4dizoor is on a distinguished road
daymn never sprayed water on frozen winshield before
Old 03-21-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
I bought it.Went to install it but couldn't find a place to put so I threw it in the corner.It heats the fluid up to 60 degrees.It unclogs frozen nozzles and clears your windshield in 10 seconds.With the heated fluid in the summer it cleans the bugs off in seconds.I know there was a recall on it though.You can get it factory on the Buick Lucerne and I'm sure there is others.
Old 03-21-2006

Actually, I was thinking that it heated it up far greater than that. The Buick Lucerne has it where the fluid is heated to 149 degrees, so I'm wondering why yours is only going to 60 degrees.

Oh, wait. I think you meant Celsius, right? That would make it 140 degrees Fahrenheit...

I went to Canadian Tire and took a look. Didn't send me to the item, so I did a search and came up with this: The Motomaster HotWash. Is that the one you were saying had a recall?
Old 03-21-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
I think so, that's the only one that I know that sell in Canada.
Old 03-22-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
Originally Posted by Scott Civic
Actually, I was thinking that it heated it up far greater than that. The Buick Lucerne has it where the fluid is heated to 149 degrees, so I'm wondering why yours is only going to 60 degrees.

Oh, wait. I think you meant Celsius, right? That would make it 140 degrees Fahrenheit...

I went to Canadian Tire and took a look. Didn't send me to the item, so I did a search and came up with this: The Motomaster HotWash. Is that the one you were saying had a recall?
Yep that's it.
Old 03-22-2006
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
some of it does but yes, they do have the -40 stuff you can get. Having said that, in Ottawa we had a couple of weeks that were colder than -40
Old 03-22-2006

What about HotShot? Has anyone heard of it? Used it? Or is it still relatively new?

Originally Posted by Pharoh
Having said that, in Ottawa we had a couple of weeks that were colder than -40
Thank God Michigan doesn't get like that!

Last edited by Scott Civic; 03-22-2006 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-22-2006
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Pharoh
some of it does but yes, they do have the -40 stuff you can get. Having said that, in Ottawa we had a couple of weeks that were colder than -40
What part of Ottawa you live in this year?The fridge at LOEBs.No -40 this year