Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

tyc projectaars installed (DAY PICS!!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Wink tyc projectaars installed (DAY PICS!!)

Hey so I got my tyc and installed today. took 30 mins to put em on and 3 hrs to aim. well a dead battery later and alot of swearing, it came out okay by eyeballing it. I kinda used the fog to make them shoot straight. One thing I am worried about is the light output shape and cutoff which seems one side is not so good. At a certain height they have alot of color (see pic). Overall the quality and looks is excellent. The only difference is the raybrig 2x clear parking light which looks sweet. I am waiting for my osram silverstar to come still in H1. Gotta take everything off again to install em tho. Anyway here are pics.

Last edited by gearbox; 03-10-2006 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-08-2006
my vtec brings all the girls to the yard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrDFWmechanic will become famous soon enough
not tryin to hate but i still dont like those headlights, i'd take my oem ones over those projectors anyday
Old 03-08-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya i'll hang onto my stocks in case i don't like em later. just need something different cause every show i goto they say its too stock lol.
Old 03-08-2006
awd pwnz j00

import2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
hottness, love them! had them on my civic for a while.
Old 03-08-2006
Registered!!

Canadian Si will become famous soon enoughCanadian Si will become famous soon enough
I think they look pretty damn good myself !!
Old 03-08-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
nice bro. i got some ebay ones, but they dont quite put out like that. any idea on what size those lens or? wonder if i put those it would make it better
Old 03-08-2006
Registered!!

ViEtDraGoN is an unknown quantity at this point
wassup gearbox, nice job with the lights man!
personally love projectors too but i do have a question for ya..

i have a set of TYCs myself. i also have HID H1 bulbs... from what i understand is if i wanna put these bulbs in i gotta shave part of the housing to make the whole a little bigger so the bulbs could fit.

i actually tried this on one head light... started getting fed up cuz the file i was using didnt exactly do the job. as a matter of fact theres sparkles of shavings all over the inside of the head lamp.

but hey i spent 300 on bulbs so i wanna finish what i started... what would u suggest be the best way to shave off the housing? and hopefully cleanest way. i have one lamp left, im hoping not to mess it up again. thanx!
Old 03-08-2006
Premium Member

not sure but they really look nice at that one angle where it puts out all the blue and purple i'm gettin brighter bulbs too so 300 more lumens should be nice. i'll post day pics in a day or so when it stops raining.

someone said they opened their projector and cleaned it for that shaving problem. but yea there is no easy way other than turning it upside down and using a vacuum to catch the pieces or something. its alot easier when off the car.

Originally Posted by ViEtDraGoN
wassup gearbox, nice job with the lights man!
personally love projectors too but i do have a question for ya..

i have a set of TYCs myself. i also have HID H1 bulbs... from what i understand is if i wanna put these bulbs in i gotta shave part of the housing to make the whole a little bigger so the bulbs could fit.

i actually tried this on one head light... started getting fed up cuz the file i was using didnt exactly do the job. as a matter of fact theres sparkles of shavings all over the inside of the head lamp.

but hey i spent 300 on bulbs so i wanna finish what i started... what would u suggest be the best way to shave off the housing? and hopefully cleanest way. i have one lamp left, im hoping not to mess it up again. thanx!

Last edited by gearbox; 03-08-2006 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-08-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
nice but now RETROFIT!!! lol
Old 03-08-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
I thought u were gonna stop modding? lol.......
Old 03-08-2006
Premium Member

well, just the engine lol. other mods are still allowed.
Old 03-09-2006
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Perfect for retrofit
Old 03-09-2006
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
they look nice
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

hawkz99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah.....retrofit. Not so easy according to this retrofit guy. He seems to know what he's doing too.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16899

BTW, I bought mine Sonars retrofitted with Valeos a while back. The screws fit pretty well. Aiming is still a pain in the rear though. It still isn't aimed right
Old 03-09-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
i never knew this day would come. gearbox??? the king of anti-aftermarket parts. whatever happened to "OEM is clean" idea of yours. as far as i can remember, you hated everything except OEM. everytime a member post aftermarket add on's to someone's car you're always like, "i don't like it stock looks better" now you got TYC's???? the world is coming to an end....
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

kickoo is an unknown quantity at this point
hmmm...naw i like the reflector OEM style....those Projectors make it seem as if you tryin to be a car you arent. Like say a BMW or something. Nice pics though...lol
Old 03-09-2006
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
i've got a set of halo projectors that are just screaming for a retrofit is someone wants them they do me no good not having my vic anymore
Old 03-09-2006
im just a stupid n00b who knows nothing

CM92065 is a glorious beacon of lightCM92065 is a glorious beacon of lightCM92065 is a glorious beacon of lightCM92065 is a glorious beacon of lightCM92065 is a glorious beacon of light
Those are real nice. How much did those cost you? DO they make those for a 05 EX SE? if so please let me know where
Old 03-09-2006
Premium Member

the amber sidemarkers gotta go now. it really looks out of place. i dont want the shiny chrome clear that i had before so maybe the si sidemarkers with fuzzy clear lens. and amber bulb.
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
congrats on the mod! as many, not a big fan of projectors, but its clean mang!
Old 03-09-2006
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
i want to see some day pics but it seems like you aimed them pretty well, what did you do , find a spare wall and stood there for 3 hours?
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

03hce has a spectacular aura about03hce has a spectacular aura about03hce has a spectacular aura about
Nice choice! They look real good man.
Old 03-09-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Looks awesome
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

sgtcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
they look cool, i've been waiting to see some good pics on a satin silver.

take another pic when its all together with the bulbs and all..

i'm thinking about the same setup for my silver ex...

do you know if a hid conversion will fit okay......
Old 03-09-2006
Premium Member

i'll get day pics. the sidemarkers i'll prolly just keep cause clear ones are gonna be ricey haha. it raining and the car looks like poo
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
its super easy to retro the TYCs with some valeos..
http://retrofit1.dirtysamurai.com/
check it out!!
those arn't H1 HIDs in there are they ?
Old 03-09-2006
Premium Member

in mine? no. stock bulb that came with the lights. no idea what brand but i have clear osram silverstar on order. i just took a pic at the exact angle where you can see the pretty colors.
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
that is a pretty colorful cutoff for halogens.
Old 03-09-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
yah thats a really nice color
Old 03-09-2006
Premium Member

i think to oncoming traffic it just looks like regular headlights. like i said i don't know how to aim em well. is the color supposed to be visible to drivers? i think that might make em too high then? i really need to find a nice wall and do that huge aiming diy.

Quick Reply: tyc projectaars installed (DAY PICS!!)