Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

tyc projectaars installed (DAY PICS!!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
nice man, they look good.
Old 03-09-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
i dont know, cuz had some eurodezigns blue bulbs in stock housing nad they were blue. my buddy has his projectors on his civic with the sane bulbs and his looks green to oncomming traffic.

here is what i used to aim mines but never got to finish aiming them so i took them off

i am assuming yours are VOL http://www.mvlc.info/glossary.html
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
nice! i need to get a new pair as many times i have opened and resealed mine they look like crappo! 3 hours to aim, geez you must be **** or something none then less they look just as good as mine! Enjoy them bro.

Injen
Old 03-09-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
teaser pic with bosch ICON wipers installed

Old 03-09-2006

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
sweet!!
Old 03-09-2006
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by gearbox
teaser pic with bosch ICON wipers installed

looks good but i still like having my altezza grill in there
Old 03-09-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
i just got my osram silverstar bulbs and installed thankfully without taking the lights out again. very little room so i only did the main light not fars. i never use anyway. lets see if there is a difference tonight.
Old 03-09-2006

damn how did you get them so fast? or did you order them last week or something?
Old 03-09-2006
Premium Member

no lol i've been waiting for over a week.
Old 03-09-2006

vietstylez will become famous soon enough
ewwww gearbox those so arent you, you will be back to oem soon.
Old 03-09-2006
Premium Member

ill admit oem matched better but the projectors look so much better lit up. i will post full pics and maybe then you'll realize how good they are
Old 03-09-2006

lol i used to have them, i hated the output
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

TurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the roughTurismoDreamin is a jewel in the rough
Gearbox...ive always loved and been able to identify with your car because of its simple sleek cleanliness....but i cant say i approve of those lights....in all honesty, i think you may have just ruined the "look" of your car...be sure to hang on to those oem lights, man....
Old 03-09-2006
Premium Member

ya im keeping the oems for sure just in case..
Old 03-09-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
hey vietstylez i fvcking love ur headlights man.
Old 03-09-2006

the look is not ruined. its just different. i find it looks real good now. i mean dont get me wrong i do love vietstylez's s2000 retro, but on gears car those look cool. like he said ppl told him at shows it looked to stock. to normal ppl yah cuz they look at what catched their eyes, but we know how the car is supposed to be and we can tell all the little "clean" changes that went into the ride.

but wow that was too long to type lol
Old 03-09-2006
Premium Member

well its still raining so i cant tell anything with the lights. they seem whiter but hard to say. But overall i'm pretty happy with em. One thing I didn't like was the wiring was kinda crappy with that conversion harness. I have a dedicated upgrade harness but it doesn't do anything since the tyc wires are so tiny. Oh well maybe I can fix that later. Oh yea and one thing i really can't stand is the turn signal part comes on with a delayed response like if you turn the parking lights on the top one comes on first and 1/2 sec later the signal does. also when using signal the sidemarker flashes on faster. its kinda dumb but oh well.
Old 03-09-2006

yah your company can make an upgraded set of wires for the projectors lol
Old 03-09-2006
Premium Member

heck ya i'll let em deal with it lol. it doesn't seem too hard because its just an H4 harness that plugs to the stock harness and then there are just a few tiny wires going to the headlight and grounding to the projector. It seems like terrible wiring which could explain the brightness issue.
Old 03-09-2006

well if you think the TYC is crappy you should see the ebay ones! i think its 40AWG wire in those things lol
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
i still say oem retrofit like this

Old 03-09-2006
Premium Member

that looks really good but its harder to make it nice on the older headlights. it just looks like you stuck a projector in the halogen part. and imo, the tyc halogen is pretty good. it just has a different W pattern instead of big blob like stock. and colors are pretty
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
I never thought I would see TYCs on your ride looks good
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

Dark_Pyro7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gearbox
that looks really good but its harder to make it nice on the older headlights. it just looks like you stuck a projector in the halogen part. and imo, the tyc halogen is pretty good. it just has a different W pattern instead of big blob like stock. and colors are pretty

I have been happy with my TYCs as well. I think the output is decent compared to stock. I had Mtecs in my stock lamps, and then switched to the tycs and mtecs, and I think the lighting was almost better with the tycs. And the brights are great, they light everything up. Mtecs burned out, so went back to the stock tyc bulbs. I think they are slightly worse than stock, but it has been a long time since i have been stock now so dont remember.

Gonna throw some eyelids on them? I really like the look with eyelids on the tycs. Our lights are just so big and bug-eyed, and with the tycs they look kinda empty, the lids fill it up and give it a sleeker look imo.

But props on the lights, they look good.
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

wsccd3 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice... beautiful... cuz i have one too... lol for the light thats located above the signal light i changed to blue light bulb .. it looks cooooooool
Old 03-09-2006

Originally Posted by CiViCPrAnInG2k1
hey vietstylez i fvcking love ur headlights man.
THANKS
Old 03-10-2006
Premium Member

update new pics added 1st post!
Old 03-10-2006

did you find any difference with the osrams?
Old 03-10-2006
Premium Member

i find out tonight cause its finally not raining for a day. i'll post a few ground shots to compare to stock.
Old 03-10-2006

sweet!! i gotta wait 2 freakin weeks for mines. they are coming from Thailand

Quick Reply: tyc projectaars installed (DAY PICS!!)