Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Lost interest in modding 7thgen.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
isuzu5000 will become famous soon enoughisuzu5000 will become famous soon enough
i'd say go for a tsx---super classy. i know more $$$ but super sexiness.
are you gonna part out your car or just sale as is---if so dibs on h.i.d's you got those right just judging by the pics haha.
good luck w/ your decisions
Old 02-12-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Originally Posted by isuzu5000
i'd say go for a tsx---super classy. i know more $$$ but super sexiness.
are you gonna part out your car or just sale as is---if so dibs on h.i.d's you got those right just judging by the pics haha.
good luck w/ your decisions
I wouldnt mind a tsx but i think i want a coupe and of course im gonna part out but the HIDS were sold a long time ago..........
Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
it's cuz our cars are made in the USA!!! hahah
Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
30% japan 30%england 40%usa or something like that haha
Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

Civic707Style is an unknown quantity at this point
my auto tranny went out at about 50K miles as well, luckily I have great parents who took on the cost to fix it which was about $1200 (and that was at a discount) so now I'm pretty good (although I think it's still not perfect but I'm not trippin). Right now I'm going to keep playing with my car...but I saw the new concept Dodge Challenger and just love it. So until that comes out (which is around 2008-09) then this car is queen. Just keep it clean and trade it in if your that discouraged about it...RSX-S will probably make you the happiest.

remember though, no replacement for displacement. just know what it is your looking for: street horsepower = any sports coupe like RSX etc.
crazy horsepower stock = American muscle
I think it comes down to a matter of opinon and personal need. good luck.

Last edited by Civic707Style; 02-12-2006 at 05:03 AM.
Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

Civic707Style is an unknown quantity at this point

this is the car I want in the future

V8 Hemi 425hp
Old 02-12-2006
Registered!!

fieryhill is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I don't think I'm going to do anything else to this car even though it's slow as beans. It seems like the only decent seemingly reliable way to get any power is K-swap IMO. Apart from that I haven't had any problems but seems there's at least a new thread each week with someone having some sort of problem.
Old 02-12-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Damn dude..it sucks you had to pay all that money for a tranny.
Luckily I haven't had any problems yet at 30k w/ my 04 (let me cross my fingers). Our trannys are covered for 3 years or 36k miles, which ever comes first, if I am not mistaken right? I went by the Acura dealership the other day since I too thought about the type S (love the car by the way). I didn't know this, but the salesman said Acura covers their engine & trany for 2 years more than Honda; is this true? At what ppl are paying now for a new type S(23-24K) and w/ all the options you get w/ Acura..hmmm, makes you think twice..yeah it's about 7-8k more than a Vic, but consider how much time and money we spend on modding..

Last edited by cubanmike26; 02-12-2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-12-2006
im a psychopath...what are you looking at?

claudeboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dalaw
Wow, all these tranny problem threads are starting to worry me. My car is at 31k miles and i drive it pretty hard. Do you guys know if the 03 auto tranny is improved over the 01-02?
bump....i just hit 53k miles, and i just recently received a notice that im about to end my current warranty and i have an option to extend it...my tranny hasnt gave out yet.....im worried
Old 02-12-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
it usually doesn't break til after the warranty
Old 02-12-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Originally Posted by gearbox
it usually doesn't break til after the warranty
Haha!! Thats very true!! I herd ppl say that. Its like they know when its gonna break lol........
Old 02-13-2006
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to beholdZapThyCat is a splendid one to behold
That sucks bro. You had the sweetest car on the site for the longest time.

I'd say go for an older can...

But make it clean, whatever you do
Old 02-13-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
2006 is the last year they are making rsx-s's!!!
Old 02-13-2006
EK Hatch

Ser1N is an unknown quantity at this point
Ek hatch
Old 02-13-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
anything with real VTEC.
Old 02-14-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

Well, the problems just keep coming!! My thermostat housing is leaking and I need it replaced ASAP!! At least the part is only $30 compared to the $2300 lol.......
Old 02-14-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
sorry man i know how you feel
Old 02-14-2006
Unsalvageable

rEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trusted
i got 37,000 miles on my car and nothings happened yet, cept for the clunking noise that i get once in a while that im trying to fix. you think maybe its just you guys? no offense
Old 02-14-2006
Premium Member

nah its everyone. look at vehicle problems forum over 4000 threads. and 37k is still young. when you get to 50k stuff will start happening since the car only lives 100k. they should change the odometer to 00000 cause there's no need to go higher.
Old 02-14-2006
Unsalvageable

rEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trustedrEkKaShInObI should not be trusted
im sure there are people who've gone past 50k and havent had any major problems yet.
Old 02-14-2006
Premium Member

well yea i guess i'm upset because i do everything by the book or better. use the best parts, get more than frequent oil change, use best additives, drive normal, heck you should see how i drive my auto. if the car isn't warmed up, i drive it around some more even if i'm near home already. i don't downshift the trans unless its an emergency, i'm very careful in checking just about anything. my car looks better than when i bought it. in other words i treat it like a baby and stuff still breaks. thats why i'm disappointed. when i got the car i was telling myself i'd keep it at least 10 years with minor repairs.
Old 02-14-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
im about to hit 80 and im fine
Old 02-14-2006
Unsalvageable

you got me kinda worried now, im starting to think that honda doesnt make their cars like they used to.
Old 02-14-2006
Premium Member

uh well they don't. the 01+ civic has a ton of problems (alot either tsb or recall) compared to previous gens. but who knows you might be a lucky one
Old 02-14-2006

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
uh well they don't. the 01+ civic has a ton of problems (alot either tsb or recall) compared to previous gens. but who knows you might be a lucky one
dude, this kid is AIMing me with worrying questions. stop scaring people with this stuff. its not as bad as you say. damn
Old 02-14-2006
Unsalvageable

half worry half miscelaneaous
Old 02-14-2006
Premium Member

haha! dont worry man. whatever breaks its just money to fix it. when my tranny goes out, i'll just get a new one and move on til something else breaks. with so many things that could go wrong i'm surprised more stuff doesn't happen
Old 02-14-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
my D17 was fine until 55k miles ... the oem clutch was still running hard .. even AFTER my turbo.

my seat rocks back and forth ... really annoying.

nothing else wrong though ... K20 is currently running strong ... ;P
Old 02-14-2006

haha! dont worry man. whatever breaks its just money to fix it. when my tranny goes out, i'll just get a new one and move on til something else breaks. with so many things that could go wrong i'm surprised more stuff doesn't happen
look man. your a respected member of this site. you know ALOT about our cars. so when you go bashing the car in areas where people don't know, you scare the **** out of people who do NOT know any better. quit freakin people out. your tranny might not have been your fault but your head and tb and all that other **** was cause of mods. thats what the kid was askin me about. so if you talk about stuff breaking, include the part where you helped shorten the life of whatever your talking about. he was the 3rd person to AIM me talkin bout "hey is my car gonna be ok". i don't really mind, i like to help people but next time, when they ask me about your **** ill tell them to bother you instead
Old 02-14-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

^ relax, y0!

looks like u need some of this:

Quick Reply: Lost interest in modding 7thgen.......