Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Hit and Run Chase!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the rough
Hit and Run Chase!

I was out enjoying Vietnamese New Years until i got into my 7th accident (none of them my fault btw). After we took a left turn from a huge intersection, this idiot can't wait 10 sec for traffic to move, so he merged into the left and smahed the **** outta my passenger door. Then he swerved back to the right and rear ends the van infront of him.
I pulled to the right and waited for about 30 sec so everyone can pull in. The next thing I knew, this ***** takes off and flies by me. I was like OH HELL NO! So me and the van gave chase @ around 65mph on the streets, honking like crazy bastards. It was Lunar New Years eve, and where i live, the entire city is flooded with ppl and cops. He ran for 4 blocks and hit heavy traffic. The van and me cornered him in. The cop saw/heard us chasing him, so he was right behind.
He was cuffed and cited with a misdemeanor. The thing that surprised me was the vast-ness of his stupidity. The dude thinks his 4th gen accord is a fuking porsche, trying to out run me. I caught up to him in seconds with 3 other ppl in my car. Adding to his stupidity, this dumbass HAS insurance and all his papers!! God knows why he ran.

Anywayz, i'm gonna fix this **** myself and keep the rest for some new toys. What i wanna know is if the 01-05 doors are all the same?
I have a 04 btw, so if anyone with a 01-03 could measure their door, i would apreciate it. Thx.

Last edited by fallout; 01-29-2006 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-29-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
My font bumper has been hit six times from people hitting me at school and work? I know how it feels sorry bro
Old 01-29-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
That sucks ball man, glad you caught him though!
Old 01-29-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
man your lucky. I was in a hit and run on new years eve, but i couldnt chase him down cause one of my tires came off the rim from me sliding.

i dont know if the doors are the same. i seem to recall hearing that the 01-03 doors are slightly longer
Old 01-29-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
I'm glad you caught the fvcker. Sorry about your door though
Old 01-29-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
props on catching the retard.. sorry about your door.
Old 01-29-2006
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
Wow, at least most of the damage is on the door.

Good luck fixing it and I'm happy to hear that you guys caught the ***-wipe.
Old 01-29-2006
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
well, someone go out and measure your doors if you have an 01-03, and someone with an 05-04 do the same! sorry, i would, but i have a sedan...
Old 01-29-2006
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
When this kind of thing happens, instead of chasing him until he stops, can we just chase him until we get his plate number?

Would that be safer?
Old 01-29-2006
Registered!!

fallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the roughfallout is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by orion_squall
When this kind of thing happens, instead of chasing him until he stops, can we just chase him until we get his plate number?

Would that be safer?
Yes it would be much safer. But it was pretty dark, so we had to get close enough to see the plate. By the time we finished writing down the plate number, he couldn't go anywhere and the cops was already there.
This is my second hit run, and I always chase the fvcker down so i can catch him red handed.
I have a 04 btw, so if anyone with a 01-03 could measure their door, i would apreciate it. Thx.
Old 01-29-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by orion_squall

Would that be safer?
doesn't mean that the driver is the owner...doesn't mean instant results like this did...getting plates means little to nothing anymore besides if you're chasing them and got a cellphone its over for them....
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

xkimsungminx is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by shroomster
doesn't mean that the driver is the owner...doesn't mean instant results like this did...getting plates means little to nothing anymore besides if you're chasing them and got a cellphone its over for them....
that's pretty true. it can be pretty dangerous in some places doing something like that, like if you were in downtown LA and you did that, compared to if you did that in Beverly Hills or something. and they'll just as easily get caught with the plates and a phone call to the cops.
Old 01-31-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
i got an 02 and i measured it quickly from on the passenger door, on the top bodyline, with the doorhandle one. it was 53 and a quater. i gotta go to the courthouse, if you need better measurements when i get back let me know.
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
According to Majestic, it looks like 01-05 coupes have the same part number (375112/3). Therefore, they should all be the same.
Old 01-31-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Ashhole
i dont know if the doors are the same. i seem to recall hearing that the 01-03 doors are slightly longer
I dont know if this is true or not, but I measured my door and it's 53in exactly.
If the door is a quarter inch longer, would that make a big difference?
Old 01-31-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by fallout
I dont know if this is true or not, but I measured my door and it's 53in exactly.
If the door is a quarter inch longer, would that make a big difference?
short answer: YES.