Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

NEW CAR?? ugh i dunno

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zeppelin8778 is an unknown quantity at this point
NEW CAR?? ugh i dunno

Hello boys and girls... ive had my 7thgen, 04 ex NHBP m/t for about a year and 3 months now and i love it and all, but i really dont know where i see it going from here... besides looks theres not really that much to do with this car. I am almost completely satisfied with its looks, only thing more i need is a lip kit, but after that i dont know what to do. Its slow as **** as we all know, and i really wish i had something fast. I cant turbo for reasons i dont feel like discussing, even tho i have the money, and if i were to save the money for a swap, i would rather apply that large amount of money to a new car. Im thinking about selling the car in a few months... prob right around the beginning of summer and purchasing a new car. Its a premature idea as of now, but ive got a couple thousand dollars and if i got a job right now i could make a couple more by then, then over the summer im guarenteed at least 4 grand from my summer job lifeguarding. so if i were to sell my car and save up all that money i could get at least 20-22K (after selling car).

So i was thinking if i were to get a new car, what would i get? and the number 1 idea for me right now is a 2003 Evo VIII. thats right around in that price range, and i think that would be an insane step up, with much more power and much more places to go with it. Then there were a few others i was thinking about, such as if i got lucky, a few year old STi, but i wouldnt want a WRX when i could get an evo, so it would have to be an STi... or possibly a 99-00 Si in red that i could put a bunch of CF on and engine swap or turbo... or possibly a 240SX with an SR20 and an S15 front end swap... i dunno how much that would be, but might be in the price range... (2 more added that i forgot).. lexus IS300.. a couple years old so i could afford it, and a G35 coupe, pending price.

so what are your opinions guys? should i sell the car? if so, what should i get? this is really an idea i could get serious about here and i value ur guys' opinions. help me out?

heres my car for reference:

Last edited by Zeppelin8778; 01-04-2006 at 12:52 AM.
Old 01-04-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
save your money and keep the civic.. you put lots of hard work into it.. why save more money just to buy a new car when you already have a nice car and could use that money for backup.. faster is better but you have to think about the possition you are in right now..

if you buy something faster will you have money for back up?

gas money..?

insurance money..?

money for payments..?

if you have money for all that then go for it. just remember.. civics rule.
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

well i would plan on buying private party and paying straight up for whatever i bought... like i would sell my car first then buy whatever car i was going to buy. ill be honest, im an 18 year old dude and my parents are loaded. i dont pay for gas (i get a certain amount per month and if i go over i do pay for it, but i dont), and i pay for the insurance difference from my accidents... that ive covered easily with having jobs... yes civics rule, but its so DAAAAMN SLOOOW
Old 01-04-2006
Formerly efil on evol on

Cptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura aboutCptn. Slow has a spectacular aura about
used evos are sketchy. I'd go IS300. Killer looks and plenty of potential
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

HonCivX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
sell the vic
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
From what I read you have a couple of thousand and no job.

Sounds like you are planning to put your life savings into a depreciating piece of metal.

20k to me is a downpayment on a decent condo which will yield far more profit than a car ever will.

Think about investing that money so there is a return later down the road.
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
keep the civic and save for a rainy day. you cant depend on your parents forever and even if you can, dont you want to be making more money than they are? invest in a small condo like likeaferio said and rent it out
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

well im 18 and after i graduate high school im gonna be living at college in payed living space for the next 4 years after that... and i could get a job anytime, and probably will soon to start makin more money, plus i have a steady summer job every summer that weilds thousands each summer. i dont have 20k, im saying i could have 20k if i sold my car. im not gonna go car-less haha so im ACTUALLY paying closer to 5-7k of my money. depends how well the car sells for. lots of people my age on this site have spend that much money on a k-swap so i say why not spend it on a better car?! anyone else have ideas on which car to get? what are the problems with buying used evos? can some people outline these problems? except for the obvious "driven hard" problem
Old 01-04-2006
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
get the new si?
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

yea ive thought of that, but still they dont make that incredible of power, and its still a civic right? plus i think the looks are a little too futuristic. i like 7thgens better

Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

silcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
heck if all u want is power then get urself a DSM...
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

all i want isnt power, i just DO want power. i want power and looks, what else is there to look for in a car. i dont have a family its not like i need practicality.

whats a DSM, acronym is familiar, but i cant think of what it is, ill feel stupid when u say it.
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

DSM= Diamond Star Motors.... its the Mitsubishi eclipse, Eagle talon, Plymouth Laser
I can vouch for the Talon as I've had 2 1st gens...210hp with awd...now theres a car..
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

uhhh what about 271 AWD horsepower......

and yes i feel like an idiot for the DSM thing. i knew that.

what are the downsides of the evo? cuz thats my first choice as of now...

vvvvVVRROOOOMM *ptsch* ahhh....
Old 01-04-2006
4 cyclinders down, 4 to go.....

acjones21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Zeppelin8778
uhhh what about 271 AWD horsepower......

and yes i feel like an idiot for the DSM thing. i knew that.

what are the downsides of the evo? cuz thats my first choice as of now...

vvvvVVRROOOOMM *ptsch* ahhh....

you sound broke as hell. Why don't you just keep your car and save your money. I just graduated from college and I'm broke as hell. I worked all the way through and saved my money, and I spent it all on my wedding. you NEVER know what's around the corner. Stop freeloading off of your parents too...A lot of the people on this site who have decent cars have worked and saved up for them. Are you entitled to an Evo when your 18? You'll probably wreck it (I would have when I was 18). The downsides of an Evo are $$$$. They are expensive to buy, insure, and operate, plus you'll want to start "hooking it up" too and the people who make parts for Evos know that little spoiled boys drive them so they make the parts uber expensive.
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

dude, fvck off. ive payed for everything on my car. my parents are loaded, but that doesnt mean they buy that **** for me. eat a d!ck *******. ive already had 4 jobs and im 18 years old. i just happen to not have one right now mainly because lacrosse season is coming up. it aint my fault ur broke as ****. fvcking ****scab.
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

dude, fvck off. ive payed for everything on my car. my parents are loaded, but that doesnt mean they buy that **** for me. eat a d!ck a sshole. ive already had 4 jobs and im 18 years old. i just happen to not have one right now mainly because lacrosse season is coming up. it aint my fault ur broke as ****. fvcking c untscab.
Old 01-04-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by acjones21
you sound broke as hell. Why don't you just keep your car and save your money. I just graduated from college and I'm broke as hell. I worked all the way through and saved my money, and I spent it all on my wedding. you NEVER know what's around the corner. Stop freeloading off of your parents too...A lot of the people on this site who have decent cars have worked and saved up for them. Are you entitled to an Evo when your 18? You'll probably wreck it (I would have when I was 18). The downsides of an Evo are $$$$. They are expensive to buy, insure, and operate, plus you'll want to start "hooking it up" too and the people who make parts for Evos know that little spoiled boys drive them so they make the parts uber expensive.

Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

and yes, it was worth posting that twice to fix a sshole. mother fvcker

i asked for advice, not to be insulted. what are you jealous? blow me

Last edited by Zeppelin8778; 01-04-2006 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-04-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
i aint saying she a gold digger... but she aint messing with a BROKE *****

and that repost wasn't enough.... hahaha
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

dude what the fvck is your problem too? what the hell did i do to you? i go to a fvcking school where people drive escalades and audis. i drive a honda. i would hardly call myself a "spoiled little boy" ide kick ur fvckin a ss in a heartbeat.
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CiViCPrAnInG2k1
i aint saying she a gold digger... but she aint messing with a BROKE *****

and that repost wasn't enough.... hahaha
i honestly dont get ur kanye joke. that doesnt apply whatsoever.
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

alright ill take ur silence as compliance, but thanks for ruining my thread. so, anyone else?
Old 01-04-2006
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
i say keep it...it looks good and the wing is hot...if not ill take the wing, hood, and trunk lid cuz im gonna do a dual tone theme with black top and silver bottom
Old 01-04-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
Dude I hear I don't know why people get all CRUSTY when peoples parents buy their kids a car.I got it big time when I was 16 and my parents bought me a brand new IROC Z for my Birthday. I guess there are some kids that take it for granted but you sound like you know you're fortunate and try and help out with the bills of your toys. I don't know what a EVO would be like I've never seen one.I live in Canada and they don't sell them here.But I've seen pictures of them and they look like **** IMO.Same with the STI. I'd go for a used G35, it is alot nicer car or a new Eclipse GT but I don't know what the price of one of those is in US.
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 04hemiboy
Dude I hear I don't know why people get all CRUSTY when peoples parents buy their kids a car.I got it big time when I was 16 and my parents bought me a brand new IROC Z for my Birthday. I guess there are some kids that take it for granted but you sound like you know you're fortunate and try and help out with the bills of your toys. I don't know what a EVO would be like I've never seen one.I live in Canada and they don't sell them here.But I've seen pictures of them and they look like **** IMO.Same with the STI. I'd go for a used G35, it is alot nicer car or a new Eclipse GT but I don't know what the price of one of those is in US.

seriously... thank you.

i do everything i can, i pay for everything i can, and they do NOT buy me **** for my car. and i still get **** from these guys, im sure half the people on this site had their parents buy them cars.

its not like my parents came up to me and said hey, we'll buy u a new car, want one? NO WAY. more like im investigating buying a new one ON MY OWN and havent even run the idea by them yet.

Last edited by Zeppelin8778; 01-04-2006 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

I'd keep it and live with it through your college years. It already looks nice right? and sure it's slow but it's reliable and cheap on gas.. Wait till you get outta college and get a decent job and then buy a car, cuz then u wont have to put a $20k-20k limit on a car to buy...just my 2cents
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

LiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura aboutLiKEaFeRiO has a spectacular aura about
Just about everyone is just looking out for your welfare and suggesting you save the money or put it towards something else.

This is only because you make it sound like you are putting all your money into a car...A CAR.

If you had $$$ to burn because you had some left after making ends meet, we'd be giving you different advice.

You need to realize most of us are either in college and/or out in the real world where it's not the same as living with your parents without real bills to worry about.

Most of us has been through times where we end up having to part out our cars to pay for something unexpected that comes up.

We are giving you advice from a different perspective.

If you were expecting to hear some other feedback maybe you should have asked only 16-18 year olds to respond to your question.
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

good point. heh... not much else to say. youve always been a good one with advice... with my stereo if u remember haha. thanks
Old 01-05-2006
Registered!!

yea i guess ill just take ur guys' advice and finish out this car... lip kit, maybe some newer better wheels and some other **** i wanted to do to it, then maybe turbo it in 6 months to a year. thanks guys.

Quick Reply: NEW CAR?? ugh i dunno