My 2001 EX work in progress - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2005   #1  
2001 Rallye Red EX

digitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of light
My 2001 EX work in progress

I got this car in november 2005. I meant to take pictures of it on day one to show the changes, but I forgot. When I first got it, the windows were tinted silver. I couldn't even see out of the car the tint was so dark. I retinted them black.

There were stupid "rally sport" vinyl graphics on the sides. I removed them and the dealer stickers.

Here's the first pic I have after those things were done.

I installed an OEM spoiler because I really like the look of the spoilers on the 7th gens.

Next, had to do something about the wheels. This car had 3 different brands of tires on it when I bought it! Pirellis in back, a bf goodrich on the driver side and firestone on the passenger side in front. Drove like hell. I got 17" Motegi DP6's in hyperblack with BF Goodrich Gforce tires.

There were awful looking LED washer nozzles on it which I replaced with oem nozzles from one of my favorite online parts dealers, www.magauto.com.

For interior stuff, I'm keeping it mostly OEM but I did install an adapter to convert the cd changer port to rca inputs so I could hook up my Dell mp3 player.

Installed K&N Typhoon 69 SRI and Neuspeed Strut bar last night 1/14/06.

Lowered with Tein S-techs. Approximate 2" drop.

Removed the pinstripe. Will probably be getting a silver/black graphic to replace the spot where the stripe was as the paint is faded. Also going to try ColorX on it.

9/8/06 Put on my Tokico blues and replaced the fake ebay teins with the legit Tein Stechs.

9/28/07 Put on my TYC projector head lights. They look great.

11/10/07 Put on my new tails. Chrome Altezzas. I like 'em!

6/15/08 Put on my powerslot rotors and ebc brake pads.

6/18/08 ******* Lincoln Towncar rearended me and pushed me into under the SUV in front of me. 30 days later I finally convinced my insurance not to total the car. $5700 worth of damage later... I got my father in law's friend to fix the car, I got a nice new paint job. Insurance of course would not pay for the projectors so I have stock head and tails again...

9/08 Painted by calipers red and black, painted the drums black.

12/08 installed underdash leds from ledunderbody.com. Nice inexpensive and easy kit.

1/09 Installed Nokya pedals.

Future mods/fixes
- passenger door near the bottom has a nasty dent that someone did a shitty job trying to fix with touch up paint
- exhaust
- short shift kit
- infinity speakers and amp
-anzo projector headlights with halos.

Last edited by digitaldemigod; 01-23-2009 at 07:51 AM.
digitaldemigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005   #2  
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all
Looks good keep it going. I agree on the pin stripe, I never understood those things anyway. I like the choice of rims for the car too.
Tragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005   #3  
2001 Rallye Red EX

digitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of lightdigitaldemigod is a glorious beacon of light
The worst thing with those pinstripes is that when you wax the car, wax sticks to the sides of it... so instead of a straight line it always looks fuzzy.

I'm very happy with the wheels. I had thought I wanted black wheels, but then I saw someone that posted his red civic with black wheels and it didn't look right. Black wheels in my opinion look much better on other color cars.
Old 12-30-2005   #4  
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
dang, you made the best changes of your life! looks great! can't wait to see how it comes out.
Mutha Fn FBM 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005   #5  
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
do a tint on the ride. K&N intake if you have to choose. if your gonna paint brakes, do fronts and backs. props to you. work in progress is what its all about. time and love into a car. nice
MajinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005   #6  
2001 Rallye Red EX

Just ordered my neuspeed tie bar today. I'm still discussing springs with my father in law... he's the mechanic of the family. Now that he's done building his friends 32 roadster it's my turn. =)

I'm thinking of painting the rear drums black and the front brake shoes red. If I had 4 wheel discs then I'd do them all red... I dunno. I'm going to mess around in photoshop and see how things look.

Here's a better pic of my car in the daylight as it is now:
Old 12-31-2005   #7  
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
it'll look nice with a drop

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newwheels_daylight.sized.jpg
Views:	1511
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	63324  
dirtySAMURAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005   #8  
2001 Rallye Red EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite012
it'll look nice with a drop

Yeah I can't wait to drop it. It really looks like *** right now with such a huge gap.

I played around with the wheel match on motegi's site just to get an idea what it would look like. Pretty cool little app they got there. motegi wheel match

I'm looking for the post again right now... but some people love AEM intakes and others love K&N. Are the K&N's really so much better? And what is it about AEM that you K&N guys don't like so much? I'm definitely doing my research and getting lots of opinions before I buy.
Old 12-31-2005   #9  
2001 Rallye Red EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinB
do a tint on the ride. K&N intake if you have to choose. if your gonna paint brakes, do fronts and backs. props to you. work in progress is what its all about. time and love into a car. nice
Thanks. I'm a huge perfectionist too... so I'm going and trying to get every little detail right.

Luckily the interior is in mint condition. The prev owner had drilled a hole through the plastic where the fog light switch would go. I used that hole to put my mp3 cable through. But before, that hole bugged the crap out of me.

Oh, this thing's already got neon underneath it. I hope to god that it's red... the prev owner did all kinds of other dumb crap so who knows. All the wires are cut though, so needs to be redone.
Old 12-31-2005   #10  
There is [email protected] in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Car looks good man, red is nice, i painted my calipers red in the front and drums black in the back, flat back that is. Lowering your car will make alot of difference in visual side and handling. Nice work so far.
drew22mader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005   #11  
Registered!!

schematicsskate will become famous soon enoughschematicsskate will become famous soon enough
Very nice, the day pics make it look lower
schematicsskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005   #12  

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
everyone on this site is obsessed with lowering. good thing i don't mind.
Old 12-31-2005   #13  
2001 Rallye Red EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by schematicsskate
Very nice, the day pics make it look lower
The night pic makes it look really high because I was kneeling plus I used the flash so it totally lit up the wheel wells.

I can't wait to actually lower it. My problem now is my damn work schedule... i'm working weekends and my father in law is off on weekends. He's the one that's helping me do this. Might be a couple months... dammit...
Old 01-01-2006   #14  

just do it at night. get a garage lamp and one more person to be the pole to hold up the lamp lol
Old 01-01-2006   #15  
In love with Diana...te amo

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
Nice vic, I just see every single red vic in this site with a difference in tone, some are very bright reds, others have a deeper red and in few, the red looks weird; am I right or is that I'm sleepy every time I see them ...
boricua_civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #16  

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
I know what your talking about, mine has always been a really bright red, not deep. Maybe its cause people don't wash them as much and use polish and wax and all that stuff. I on other hand clay bar my car, polish, wax it and polish it more to keep my paint nice and shiny. I also garage my car so that could do something with peoples cars fading or something like that.
Old 01-01-2006   #17  

boricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond reputeboricua_civic has a reputation beyond repute
Well you're like me, I'm washing it every week, I also polish it 2 times in a month and everyone tell me that my red looks better and different than other red vics and its because of the care that I take to it, I knew I was'nt crazy, LOL.
Here's a pic of it and this was only after a wash at night, it was'nt polished:
Old 01-01-2006   #18  
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
^Nice... I'm a car wash wh*re myself. I'm there like 2-3 times a week no matter how cold it is now.
05_ CivicJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #19  
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
i think ur ride looks pretty good how it is, love the wheels and the tint makes it look awesome. I guess if you want to lower it u should, ive been meaning to get mine lowered but im a poor college student and when ever i see something i like for my car i have to buy it, like i just spent over $500 on an exhaust, i need to learn how to save money but its hard
RHCP0801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #20  

I'm a maniac too when it comes to my car's stuff; I saw the other day a 99 accord with bird **** all over it, when I mean all over is: bumbers, top, windshields, trunk, even the rims were crapped. That car was every bird's toilet, I regret not having my cam with me
Old 01-01-2006   #21  
Registered!!

asian relic has a little shameless behaviour in the past
If you're going to drop it....think about some Teins.

I like the red, looks cherry.
asian relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006   #22  

Yeah I love my Teins, smooth, smooth, nice ride and drop. Red looks provocative... imagine Jennifer Lopez with red lips and a red thong doing a private lap dance, ohhh ****!!!, I'm going to sleep now, check it, hahaha
Old 01-01-2006   #23  

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by boricua_civic
Yeah I love my Teins, smooth, smooth, nice ride and drop. Red looks provocative... imagine Jennifer Lopez with red lips and a red thong doing a private lap dance, ohhh ****!!!, I'm going to sleep now, check it, hahaha
you just explained the dream i have every night
Old 01-01-2006   #24  

^I just forgot something, she is topless and enjoying a red lollypop... I know I made you all suffer now

Last edited by boricua_civic; 01-01-2006 at 03:12 AM.
Old 01-01-2006   #25  

<<<<< grabs box of tissues and closes eyes
Old 01-01-2006   #26  

hahahha jk lol
Old 01-01-2006   #27  

hahahahah
Old 01-01-2006   #28  
2001 Rallye Red EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by boricua_civic
Nice vic, I just see every single red vic in this site with a difference in tone, some are very bright reds, others have a deeper red and in few, the red looks weird; am I right or is that I'm sleepy every time I see them ...
Could also depend alot on the camera used, lighting, and quality of the photo itself.

I'm really glad I ended up with a red car. Red was not even on my list when I was looking. I wanted silver. But then I saw like 500 silver civics for sale... after looking at so many I didn't want it anymore.

I went down to the dealer and told him I wanted an ex coupe, show me what ya got. We come around the corner and there's my baby. I knew right then it was the one. And now I'm like so into the red it's like it was what I wanted all along.

I especially love the red with black and silver highlights. That's how I'm planning to do the entire car, from the engine bay into the interior. I'm thinking of bringing the red inside with seat covers.

As soon as its all done I'll get pics of my wife in some hot pants and a little tube top licking the car for you guys. LOL
Old 01-01-2006   #29  
2001 Rallye Red EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian relic
If you're going to drop it....think about some Teins.

I like the red, looks cherry.
I am definitely dropping it.

I'm pretty lost as far as what springs though. I'm going to look at them all and read up before I choose. I think my fatherin law had said the Eibachs were what he thought... but we did look at Teins also. I forget why he said Eibach over Tein...
Old 01-01-2006   #30  

Cameras do help with color but a i've seen a couple red civic around here and none looks as bright as mine. People treat there cars like they are a POS. and people wonder why my car stays in the garage all winter.