Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

got a quick question about a car sponsorship

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hk2ronin is an unknown quantity at this point
got a quick question about a car sponsorship

Got a question about getting sponsored because sport compact pro has offered me up to 12,000 dollars(total) just for going to four carshows or races within a year . I have to buy the parts with sport compact pro paying 55% of the cost of the part. If it cost 1,000 dollars they pay just over half with me paying the rest. Just wondering if anyone is sposored or has been sponsered by them and if its worth it. I have to have a 2X7 inch sticker on my car and take some pics while I'm @ the shows or races. Any help will be aprecciated thanks.
Old 12-16-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
How did you get chosen?

I thought there were threads on here awhile ago about some scam by sport compact pro or something like that.
Old 12-16-2005
Registered!!

i filled out online app told em what I had done already with my car and then it asked for a credit card number for app fee($79 tax dedectatuble) and I said f#ck it and X out of evrything and didn't think it went thru. tonight I got a call and they offered me the sponsorship so I said why not and had to pay the fee-they are sending me my contrract and contact part person number. I guess u call and tell em what u want and they source out the parts for u.
Old 12-16-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Prepared to get scammed, just go to Google and type in Sport Compact Pro Scam...it will come up with a ton of stuff. Also, a "true" sponsorship doesn't make you pay money. Let me ask you something, what all do you have done to your car? Its take ALOT of money to get sponsored, you have to invest and use your own money to get your car in show car form and then maybe, just maybe, if your lucky get sponsored.
Old 12-16-2005
Registered!!

fiatdale will become famous soon enoughfiatdale will become famous soon enough
Sounds shady.
Old 12-16-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ya dude unless you already have a show car, it won't happen. i remember someone got sponsored by the local dealer cause he had tons of stock parts and all he had to do was put a sticker for the dealership on his car and he gets discount parts. talk to dezod our vendor and he might tell you how he picks people. if i remember he was/is sponsoring madwheel and his civic was nuts.
Old 12-16-2005
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
Ha! My friend is actually part of that.. It is a total scam. The 55% is only on stupid crap like lighting.. everything is different its not 55% off everything. It's UP TO 55% off. 12,000$ is part of the % off that you're getting.. The stickers are HUGE! I think I have a picture of his car... The sticker is accross his windsheild.

AHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAH!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Yeah I know.. His car has a lot of problems..
Old 12-16-2005
Registered!!

my suspension, some sound, intake, exhaust, short shift kit, stock body though. Im gonna do the k swap come spring and gonna need some parts for that. Im more into the racing aspect than the show side.
Old 12-16-2005
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
it's a scam. what kind of sponsor asks you for a fee upfront? also search the forums. this scam has been covered numerous times. you can do a search on 7thgen or google.com. your pick.