Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Body kit help, I need a few opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicex9980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Body kit help, I need a few opinions please.

My car was recently involved in an accident with a Deer. So I bought a Buddy Club 2 body kit and I was going to put it on myself but after putting a lot of work into it I realized that i suck at installing body kits and am not getting anywhere with it. The problem is I think I would rather have a lip kit now since fiberglass body kits are so fragile and my car is a daily driver. So now I'm thinking i'm gonna hafta have someone install the body kit or sell my body kit and get a new bumper (deer damaged mine) and put a cf lip kit with rear and side skirts. So I have a few options please tell me what you think. any advice is welcome.

option 1: have someone install my body kit who knows what there doing. And hopefully not damage it within a year or two from daily driving.

option 2: Sell Body kit and buy a new front bumper and install a cf lip kit with side skirts and rear lip. then I could actually slam my car and it would look awesome.

option 3: open for suggestions.
Old 12-11-2005
- hella tite y0 -

s0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nices0ltker is just really nice
option 2: Sell Body kit and buy a new front bumper and install a cf lip kit with side skirts and rear lip. then I could actually slam my car and it would look awesome.

woot !!
Old 12-11-2005
Registered!!

PennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nicePennyKnotOff is just really nice
option 2:
Old 12-11-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
yea #2, buying Fiberglass is just asking for trouble, you have to worry about it cracking and even fitting your car.
Old 12-11-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
I speak from experience. I bought the BC2 kit for my 02. I had it on there for about a month, then I hit a dog! It was unrecoverable. Also the sideskirts would get chipped by rocks and other road debri. Its not worth the money you will spend for the headache you will have. I vote option #2
Old 12-11-2005
Registered!!

Turbo_civic25 is an unknown quantity at this point
i'm thinkin option 2 also man. my car is a daily driver, dropped, and i have very dings on it. option 2 sounds like the best man
Old 12-11-2005
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
3: polyurethane body / lip kit

yes, fiberglass is a bitch and probably will crack in half BUT you CAN repair it if something happens.
carbon fiber? it looks sick but if you're already scared about something cracking then why get carbon fiber? crack that and its OVER, you cannot repair carbon fiber.
Old 12-11-2005
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
I have a fiberglass bodykit and I live in Michigan with 03948023948 potholes ( hit many ) I have not problem with it cracking or hitting anything. The only problem I have is I had a cheap paintjob and the paint is chipping a little bit. If you suck at driving then I say buy a stock bumper but if you take good care of it you'll get good results =) Bodykits change the whole cares appearance so it's awesome.
Old 12-11-2005
Registered!!

kool-aid is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't give up on the BC2. Mine is a daily driver and it is holding up just fine and it is dropped 1 1/4". You just have to learn to drive with it, like taking curbs and parking lot area transitions slow and at an angle. I even put sprayed in bedliner at the bottom of my front bumper so i wouldn't see all the scrapes.

It you can't do it yourself to make it fit to your standards, pay someone to do it. Chipping on body kits has more to do with the undercoat and paint used and not the kit itself. Not everything is a DIY, some of you need to realize that.
Old 12-11-2005
Registered!!

yes, fiberglass is a bitch and probably will crack in half BUT you CAN repair it if something happens.
carbon fiber? it looks sick but if you're already scared about something cracking then why get carbon fiber? crack that and its OVER, you cannot repair carbon fiber.
Yea, I see exactly what you mean about cracking carbon fiber but I've got a carbon fiber hood coming for it and I thought that it would look cool with a cf lip, a black grille, a cf hood, and later a cf trunk with maybe a black roof. I'm thinkin that fiberglass will probably crack anyways after a couple of years just from stress, so I am really leaning towards option 2 myself.
Old 12-11-2005
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
Your car.
Old 12-11-2005
Registered!!

Can you get a mugen style lip in carbon fiber. If so how much would it cost you think, oh yeah and how much for oem sides and rear that aren't carbon fiber.
Old 12-11-2005
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Option 2
Im not a big fan of body kits.
Old 12-12-2005
Registered!!

LowRYda03ex is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive had a fiberglass kit for 2 years and its a pain in the ***. If i had to pick again Id go with a lip kit for sure
Old 12-12-2005
I hope I offend you... Get mad

Slow Gold will become famous soon enoughSlow Gold will become famous soon enough
I had 2 bodykits on my Integra and let me tell you fiberglass is a mistake. If you must have a body kit buy urethane and in 2 years you'll still have it. Or you have option 2.
Old 12-12-2005
Registered!!

I really am thinkin option 2 because i'm probably gonna have my civic for atleast another 5-7 years. I would guess that after a couple of years the body kit will be lookin bad and I'll be in college for the next few years and won't have a ton of money to keep fixing the fiberglass body kit.
Old 12-12-2005
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
would say 2 because only urethane is good, i had my kit no damage at all, cause it was urethane.
Old 12-12-2005
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
i just took my fiberglass kit off yesterday..after cracking it again!!!

your option 2 is in my near future, cept i'm going kaminari, cause i have yet to see a c/f lip kit for the 04 'vics
Old 12-12-2005
Registered!!

How hard would it be for me to sell my buddy club 2 body kit and what do you think I could get out of it. I still have the box it came in and everything. I only did minor sanding on it.