New Civic on the block...Lowering Advice...(56k go away) - Page 2 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2005   #31
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
i say grab a revo SS, i did and its wonderful. the shifts are much tighter and it gives a much needed sport feel. nice ride.
MajinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005   #32
Prince of Persia

Yoshiemaster will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinB
i say grab a revo SS, i did and its wonderful. the shifts are much tighter and it gives a much needed sport feel. nice ride.
i was thinking revo or B&M. i'll probably get revo kuhz B&M is too expensive for me.
Yoshiemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005   #33

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiemaster
actually, SinaloaCivic pointed out that i should get a air bypass valve so the car doesn't hydro-lock. that's the most important thing i gotta get. after that, i'll see what i can do.
ding ding ding!!! this is why i got an SRI. glad to know your not a raging hydrolocking idiot. but know that bypass valves are not a 100 percent guarenteed. rep for u
Old 11-24-2005   #34
Prince of Persia

Quote:
ding ding ding!!! this is why i got an SRI. glad to know your not a raging hydrolocking idiot. but know that bypass valves are not a 100 percent guarenteed. rep for u
i didn't know about this when i installed my cai, but i'm not too regretful. i def. need to get a bypass valve though, and tommorrows thanksgiving so i'll have to wait for friday to look for one. how often do cars with cai hydro-lock?
Old 11-24-2005   #35

well if the place you live in rains, get one. either that or turn it into an sri. idk man i knew a kid who hydrolocked his integra on a normal street i drive on. effed up everything. go lookin online man, cause stores will rape you.
Old 11-24-2005   #36
Ill punch you in the face before you visit Myspace

SinaloaCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
well, think of it, if u go in a huge puddle then ur screwed......but still once waters in ur engine...ur screwed big time!!!...

-PeTeY!! ::EM2::
SinaloaCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005   #37
Prince of Persia

Quote:
well if the place you live in rains, get one. either that or turn it into an sri. idk man i knew a kid who hydrolocked his integra on a normal street i drive on. effed up everything. go lookin online man, cause stores will rape you.
did the kid hydrolock with the valve installed?

i was lookin on at cardomain's store site and they had um for $45 is that about right?
Old 11-24-2005   #38

no the dude had no bypass vavle. ebay has them for less. idk if you ebay though. i sure as **** do cause im a broke college boy
Old 11-24-2005   #39
The Beez Kneez

acidbaby will become famous soon enoughacidbaby will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy12
good potential.. let the modding begin!
acidbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005   #40
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
<--injen CAI for 2 years now. no bypass, no problems. Dont drive through water and if you do, dont hit the gas. I guess that makes me a raging hydrolocking idiot.
skipbarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipbarber
<--injen CAI for 2 years now. no bypass, no problems. Dont drive through water and if you do, dont hit the gas. I guess that makes me a raging hydrolocking idiot.
dude you live in maryland, when do you ever get rain? and you actually have to hydro lock a motor to earn the title of hydrolocking idiot
Old 11-24-2005   #42
Prince of Persia

Quote:
dude you live in maryland, when do you ever get rain? and you actually have to hydro lock a motor to earn the title of hydrolocking idiot
let's all just get along. so do you guys think i should just switch to sri or buy a bypass valve.
Old 11-24-2005   #43

o i wasn't pissed or anything. tis all good. make your call. its your car. we can't make the decision for you.
Old 11-24-2005   #44
Prince of Persia

Quote:
o i wasn't pissed or anything. tis all good. make your call. its your car. we can't make the decision for you.
well i'm new to the scene so i need some help with this. is it worth the risk to keep it as a cai, or should i go sri all the time. i was thinkin that i'd keep it cai during sunny days, and just switch it to sri on rainy days. here in nc when it rains it rains for like 2 or 3 days in a row, then sunny (xept in summer).
Old 11-24-2005   #45
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
So I can't hydrolock a car if it has an SRI... and a CAI with bypass?
I'm lost...
ramcosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005   #46
Prince of Persia

i think u can still hydrolock a sri but it's real real unlikely, cai is vulnerable to hydrolocking ESPECIALLY if there is no bypass, but there is still a chance with the bypass valve. i think that's right, correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 11-24-2005   #47
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
Nice ride... but drop the 4x4 asap!
05_ CivicJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005   #48
Prince of Persia

ahahahaha, how about i just deflate tires when i take pictures of it. we've got quite a few fudged up streets here in raleigh so i don't want the bumper runnin into everything.
Old 11-24-2005   #49
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
i think u can still hydrolock a sri but it's real real unlikely, cai is vulnerable to hydrolocking ESPECIALLY if there is no bypass, but there is still a chance with the bypass valve. i think that's right, correct me if i'm wrong.

In order to hydrolock your car with SRI, you need to drive thru a puddle that's as deep as the grill of the car.
DDragon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005   #50
Prince of Persia

Quote:
real real unlikely
yea you're right dragon, i guess my statement didn't have the full effect.
Old 11-24-2005   #51
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
SRI and CAI yield the same amount of power (none), the only the difference is the sound they produce. Id say go with the K&N FIPK.
skipbarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005   #52
Prince of Persia

i have a AEM CAI. all i did was changed it from CAI to SRI. i don't wanna risk blowin the engine. here are pics of my conversion. http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...23#post3574423
Old 11-30-2005   #53
Prince of Persia

i'm considering lowering the car. how big of a drop would u recommend? these are the coilovers that i'll probably buy.

http://www.slickcar.com/productdetai...ProductID=1690

are those coilovers real bad?
Old 12-01-2005   #54
Banned

spoonJDMlX is an unknown quantity at this point
i like your rims.
spoonJDMlX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #55
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
i'm considering lowering the car. how big of a drop would u recommend? these are the coilovers that i'll probably buy.

http://www.slickcar.com/productdetai...ProductID=1690

are those coilovers real bad?
dont get those.

get some konis + aftermarket springs at the least.
Al Gore FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #56
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Hey guys,

i bought this car about 2 weeks ago, i was waiting till i had enough time to go outside and take some pics. it's a 2003 civic ex. I bought it from a mechanic, he had tinted the windows and installed an exhaust. first thing i did was install a CAI, then that pretty much took care of my performance needs so i hit it with the neons. there are a couple dents about the size of a nickle on the left side of the car, and some bug remains on the front bumper, other than that, the car is fine cosmetically in my opinion. but i'm here for your opinion, so tell me watcha think.

sorry for the bad picture quality. my digital camera's lense is pretty fudged up. color balance and lighting filters are no longer features of the camera.

car looks good! slam it next!!!

listen how would you like to trade my 04 ex rims for you si rims???? there is no curbage they are still like new, i clean them once a week along with my car....idk i like your wheels better! holla back!
exturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #57
Prince of Persia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandangalo
dont get those.

get some konis + aftermarket springs at the least.

can you help me look for some, i don't want to spend more than $170, i don't have the money.
Old 12-01-2005   #58
Prince of Persia

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonJDMlX
i like your rims.
thanks!
Old 12-01-2005   #59
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
Welcome to the EBP family ;]
ciVictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005   #60
Prince of Persia

back to the lowering question, would i get better results if i posted this in the suspension forum?