Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

*BUSTED! I caught the driver!* $1200 Received! Why does the world hate my car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
checked with the police

no description of driver, no charge no conviction.

The black stuff came off.

I got a better idea, 30 people atleast witnessed this as it was in the middle of campus (i kid you not litterally the busiest part) so I requested the newspaper run a notice and im going to talk to the head of my school to see if I can circulate a mass email begging for witnesses. I know I can get em to send one around the School Of Business but hopefully I can get the mailing list of the ENTIRE university.

I will also be offering cash rewards for tips, I mean someone must have seen if it was a chick or guy driving and thats what really takes the cake. Even if people witnessed the event more witnesses means an easier time for me in small claims court.

btw intresting info

in ontario 2 kinds of hit and run charges, Failing to remain at the scene of an accident can take two forms. Either Criminal or against the Highway Traffic Act (like a speeding ticket) in cases like mien there usualy against the act, with criminal ones usually ones resulting in injury.

If you get a hit and run in a mall parking lot (where it would be 50/50 liability otherwise) since the parking lot is not a "highway" (all city streets are highways) then you cant be charged under the highway traffic act thereby making it criminal by default
Old 11-18-2005
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Looks like you know the law well.
Old 11-21-2005
Registered!!

AggressiveAdam will become famous soon enoughAggressiveAdam will become famous soon enough
You guys know how I mentioned my car got hit by 2 newspaper boxes. Well after 1 polite email explaining the situation and 1 email with a picture I got this today.
Originally Posted by Sun Media
I am ready to pay the money but I just was wondering if you can find the cheapest place to paint the car. Let me know.

Give me a call when you have time
416-***-***

thanks
Hpatel
So looks like the doors the last of my concern, hopefully this guy is cool with me painting my car after winter as this prior to a brutal toronto winter is stupid.

Victory is mine!
Old 11-21-2005
Registered!!

909 will become famous soon enough
Thats great, if I were you I'd get the guy to pay asap, give the money to the bodyshop (prepay), then paint whenever you're ready. He's already cool if hes willing to talk business.
Old 11-22-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
he is willing to do it at the cheapest place....I don't quite think he is willing to do high gloss, (isn't that what you have right now?)....soudns like he is willing to do the maaco paint special for 30 bux or w/e...
Old 11-22-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Shroomster
he is willing to do it at the cheapest place....I don't quite think he is willing to do high gloss, (isn't that what you have right now?)....soudns like he is willing to do the maaco paint special for 30 bux or w/e...
Oh its going back to the same bodyshop that painted the car. Nothing less. Its not like its coming out of his pocket. I already explained the car has a 3 layer paint job.

Posters go up around campus tommorow, all 40 off em on public hydro polls.
heres what it says

"DID YOU WITNESS A HIT AND RUN LAST WEEK?"
"Do you like cash?"
"If so we can help each other out..."

blah blah blah description of events then those tearable phone numbers at the bottom, not a single hydro poll will go uncovered. Someones got to come forward. Also going to talk to students union about placing this on campus property (need their permission)

Last edited by AggressiveAdam; 11-22-2005 at 11:17 PM.
Old 11-28-2005
Registered!!

Update!

Last week I went around campus and posted 40 flyers. Sadly there was no response, I even managed to convince the city guy whos job it is to tear down the signs to not tear mine down. So yesterday I went Sunday night and COVERED campus with 100 bright green flyers offering cash rewards for tips. Today (the 2 week anniversary of this incident) I got a call from this girl who WITNESSED THE ACCIDENT. Both her and her friend witnessed it and can easily identify the driver, it was a young girl with brown hair and Im calling them later to get statements.

I called the police officer investigating the matter and he says with the description of the driver (provided he beleives my witnesses) he is going to rigerously persue this matter. He said the car is registered out of the Toronto area (postal code starts with N). He said if the guy is a jerk and doesnt identify who the driver was or plays the ignore game hes gonna send a cruiser to wait infront of his house and issue a fail to remain ticket and perhaps even an obstruction ticket (maybe). He said if the guy is nice he'll give me his info and we can discuss restitution.

The witnesses said "We dont want the cash reward, the driver was such a bitch we will gladly make a statement and go to court"

Good thing there some honest students around my campus.

on a side note the company whos responsible for the newspaper boxes that hit my car also offered to repaint my door. hmmm Things might acually be going good for adam...
Old 11-28-2005
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
good to hear, sue her for punitive cause she left, plus the cost of the painting. its not right to hit and run, happened to me and my mom, but my mom caught the old lady who thought she could get away.
Old 11-28-2005
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
oh and good luck on the new paintjob.
Old 11-28-2005
Registered!!

EM2typeflex is an unknown quantity at this point
damn adam you are aggresive
Old 11-28-2005
Registered!!

I did a phone interview with the original witness, and he remember one thing. His girlfriend saw the whole thing! Now I have 4 witnesses! Newspaper article breaks wednesday Ill be sure to post it

Yep I try and be aggressive, this person would have gotten away if it was anywhere besides the SMACK DAB MIDDLE OF CAMPUS!

Last weeks posters werent a waste, 24 hours after putting them up I got contacted by one of my schools Journalism students (our schools pretty reputable for journalism) and they said they want to run an article about my hit and run. The eyeopener will feautre it next week. So who knows the more witnesses the better!

first witness also said going to courts not a problem, said he wouldnt even take me up on my offer to reimburse him for gas and food.

In terms of sueing, as soon as they release me the name of the vechile owner, and the name of the accused driver I can take it to small claims. Though if the cop lays the charge, the courts will likely order restitution anyways.

In case anyones curious what the witness said (this is the first one who didnt see the driver)

Questions for

Please state your full legal name, your address including the postal code, your phone number and if possible your date of birth.

XXXXXX

Could you please give us a basic explanation, of where you were and what you were doing the morning of Monday November 14 2005?

I had just pulled over on Gould st to drop off my girlfriend at Ryerson. I was on the north side of the Gould St facing west. Directly south of Kerr Hall West, that is located at 40 Gould St.

What did you observe that caused you to leave a note on a White Honda Civic Ontario Marker xxxx xxx?
I heard a thump, defiantly the sound of an accident, and I looked up to see your car (civic) shaking a little bit. Saw the sport utility pulled up and stop half way through parking. Kinda stopped there pulled up dropped off somebody and drove away. That’s when I jumped outta my car and got the license plate number.

Your note said the following: “CHECK YOUR DRIVER SIDE FRONT BUMPER!, I SAW THE CAR THAT HIT YOU. HIS LICENSE PLATE NUMBER IS: 39ML62 (dark green or black SUV) My name is xxxx”
Is this what your note said?
Sounds pretty close yeah.

What caused you to look in the direction of the accident, were you walking? Sitting in a car? Which way were you facing?
I was sitting in the car facing west, I heard the noise and then I looked up to see the sport utility stopped half way into pulling into the curb.

What if any damage did you notice on the White Honda Civic?
The front drivers side bumper looked it had scrape marks.

What, if any damage did you notice on the Dark green or black SUV?
I did not see the side of it.

Was the white Honda civic parked at the time of the collision?
Yes,
Was there anybody inside the vehicle.
No

Which direction was the black SUV approaching from and what manoeuvre was the driver attempting (parking or passing)
The black suv was attempting to park, the car was traveling westbound.

Did you witness contact between the two vehicles?
No

Did you hear a car alarm going off? If so which car was set off?
Yes, it sounded like it was the white civic.

After contact between the two vehicles did the driver make any attempt to get out of the vehicle to assess damages?
I never saw the drivers side door open.

What were the drivers actions after the moment of contact?
Dropped off his or her passenger, then pulled away quickly.

Did the driver make any attempt to talk to witnesses?
No

Did the driver attempt to make any effort towards leaving a license plate, insurance, or driver’s license?
No

Did you witness the driver or passengers and can you describe them?
No

Given a list of 8 pictures do you think you could identify the driver?
No

Did the driver or passenger appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
I could not tell

How did you get in touch with Mr. Adam xxxxx?
I left a note on the windshield, and I was contacted via telephone.

Would you be available to testify in court, several months down the road from now? (transportation and food expenses will be reimbursed)
Yeah no problem.

Is there anything else you would like to add to this statement?
He was there for a short time, enough to assess what happened in his mind. Then made the decision to leave the scene of an accident.

Did the telephone interviewer (Adam xxxxxx) read back all my answers before I signed this document?
Yes

Do you swear that everything in this statement is accurate and truthful to the best of your knowledge?
Yes

Do you have any problems with a police officer contacting you to verify the integrity of this entire document?
I have no problem.

Last edited by AggressiveAdam; 11-28-2005 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-28-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
*senses pwn463 coming*
Old 11-28-2005
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
You are one smart dude.
Old 11-28-2005
Registered!!

Okay talked to the 1 of the 2 witnesses i got today, BOY was she helpful perfect description of the driver. This hit and run driver is as good as booked.

Thanks ***** Fn FBM 85, I wouldnt go as far as smart. Determination, some good friends, a laser printer and tons of packaging tape is what saved me.

That and bumping into the guy who takes down signs around campus twice, both times he let me off w/o cutting em but they got chopped over the weekend, thats why sunday I went and put even more

This person would have gotten away if they were anywher else besides my school.

28/11/2005
Questions for Witness #2
Interview at 9:30 pm
Please state your full legal name, your address including the postal code, your phone number and if possible your date of birth.

xxx

Could you please give us a basic explanation, of where you were and what you were doing the morning of Monday November 14 2005?
Danielle (witness #3) and I were walking back from class before 11 in the morning of November 14 2005. We were walking on the south west side of Gould and Bond St.

How did you get in contact with Mr. Adam xxx? What provoked your interest in this accident?
I saw the posters asking for witnesses posted by Adam on Gould st, but even when we saw the accident we made a mental note of what happened. I contacted him on his cell phone.

What caused you to look in the direction of the accident, were you walking? Sitting in a car? Which way were you facing?
As we were walking we saw her trying to park, and I noticed it when the alarm started going off. I was facing towards Yonge. They attempted a parallel park but forwards not backwards.

What if any damage did you notice on the White Honda Civic?
Dark scratches on front drivers side bumper.

What, if any damage did you notice on the Dark green or black SUV?
I did not notice anything.

Was the white Honda civic parked at the time of the collision?
Yes

Was there anybody inside the vehicle.
No

Which direction was the SUV approaching from and what manoeuvre was the driver attempting (parking or passing)
Parking towards Yonge st (westbound)

Did you witness contact between the two vehicles?
Yes

Did you hear a car alarm going off? If so which car was set off?
”Your (Adam’s civic) car alarm was going off”

After contact between the two vehicles did the driver make any attempt to get out of the vehicle to assess damages?
The driver got out of vehicle, and observed the damage. She only slightly moved her car after the initial contact.

What were the drivers actions after the moment of contact?
She seemed pretty nervous when she saw the damage. She sped away, about a minute after.

Did the driver make any attempt to talk to witnesses?
No

Did the driver attempt to make any effort towards leaving a license plate, insurance, or driver’s license?
No

Did you witness the driver or passengers and can you describe them?
Driver- Dark haired, Female, Light Skin (white), Early 20’s, “defiantly a student”. She was not short, she wasn’t too tall but on the taller side of average. She was wearing a baggie sweat shirt. No glasses were worn.

Passenger- Light skinned dark hair person, defiantly female.

Given a list of 8 pictures do you think you could identify the driver?
Yes I could given a reasonable sample of pictures.

Did the driver or passenger appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol?
I don’t know

How did you get in touch with Mr. Adam xxxx?
I called him in response to the posters.

Would you be available to testify in court, several months down the road from now? (transportation and food expenses will be reimbursed)
Sure

Is there anything else you would like to add to this statement?
My friend knows the make and model and a better description. I think it was blue, and I think it was a Ford Explorer. Defiantly an SUV, that’s why I said she was kind of tall comparatively to the car.

Did the telephone interviewer (Adam xxx) read back all my answers before I signed this document?
Yes

Do you swear that everything in this statement is accurate and truthful to the best of your knowledge?
Yes

Do you have any problems with a police officer contacting you to verify the integrity of this entire document?
Nope.
Old 11-28-2005
spell check pwns you

ouch shes done with, take a pic when u confront her, prob be the most shocked look ever

lol
Old 11-28-2005
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
Lol dude this is great. This reminds me of jury duty. If anyone ever has to do jury duty I say do it. It is a really good experience. Only bad thing was it took 6 days to finish. It was of a dude who did a drive by and shot at 3 people in another car. It was insane. Goodluck dude! You're doing great!
Old 11-28-2005
spell check pwns you

might help to locate her car and take pics of damage if any to help ur case, then press charges and also sur for ur damage, punitive damage, supples u had to use to find out who did it (ink, paper, tape, etc)

then laugh at her and say cime doesnt pay

great job, most devoted car owner ever!
Old 11-28-2005
Registered!!

cops not stupid, he knows im young and knows better then to give me the adress of the person, im sure he's dealth with plenty of vigilante's in his day. However in this case the legal way might work

He did however slip out the first letter of the postal code "N" I been trying to find out what area that is THE CAR IS LOCATED IN CONCORD ONTARIO only minutes from me... wish I had more of that postal code

He said if he talks to the guy and he seems resonable enough he might give me contact information to arrange resistition (the paying of my damages)

until then I been buggin my neighbor who knows a private investigator to run the plate for me. Truth is the car isn't in Toronto so that increases my chance of finding his / her car on the street (too many apartments in toronto) thing is that SUV doesnt have much if any damage to it. I think the hub of its rim scratched my car seeing as how my scratch is PERFECTLY linear.

As far as taking photos, Id have to find the car which for now I cant do (or even really be bothered leaving town, I got exams in a week) and with these damn plastic bumpers damage is minimal at best. I been keeping my eyes peeled around campus however I doubt she's going to be driving downtown and parking on the street any time soon.I hope the rim is scratched up, before the cops go to the door there probably going to look in the drive way and start taking pictures, if its in a garage they'll have to knock first.

In Canada particularly Ontario we have a VERY resonable small claims system. When I learn the name of this driver (I doubt daddy will protect her when thres a couple cops at your door with 4 witness statements) thats when I can serve them the documents to take them to small claims court. Claims under $5000 do not require lawyers (though they dont bar them) and anr't very expensive to file for. The hardest part is serving the document to the person your sueing, it must be served to the ACUAL person who your sueing so you cant get the UPS guy to do it for you. Im pretty sure you gotta use a professional service to make sure the document is served properly.

A judge would easily be on my side with 4 witnesses + the fact that Im a poor student and that always gets you some mercy.

However if the Hit and Run ticket is served she stands at racking a few demerit points and resititution will likely be the maxmimum of her punishment.

Truth is, I dont want much more then my bumper fixed, she made a dumb annoying move. She got busted, she pays and we move on, lesson learned. I doubt she'll do it again, after hearing from the cops. A girl in her early 20's probably doesnt want to be talking to hit and run investgation cops and can only imagine she'll crack, probably break down and cry. Then spill the beans thats gonna get my bumper fixed

Lets not forget theres also an article being put in Wednesday's newspaper, the widly campus read eyeopener. Chances are this hit and run driver goes to our school and sees the article! OR my posters plastered everywhere will post article wednesday.

Last edited by AggressiveAdam; 11-29-2005 at 12:21 AM.
Old 11-30-2005
Registered!!

Second Update

Today I got a call from Toronto Police, they said that they called the owner and the daughter admitted she was driving the car. She deined knowing about the damage but the officer said that numerous witnesses say that she stepped out of the car and observed the damage. The officer gave me the 2 phone numbers (which are 411 trackable, one on a farm outside of Ottawa "Juniper Farms" and one in Kemptville, outside of Ottawa. The cop also gave me her policy number but I wont be going through insurance. I talked to her today and she denied knowing about the damages.

I demanded $1200 as thats what the cop estimated. She said that was high but i told her it reflects my photocopy fee's tape fees, time I spent driving to the reporting center, the time it took to get all the witness statements. Not to mention Ill need a rental car while the car is in the paint shop.

I told her she has 48 hours to get the money togheter and to pay me in Cash or cash equivilent (money order, cert. cheque, or direct deposit to my bank) Her father is supposed to call me tonight becase "Daddy's paying for everything"

ahhhhh thank you honest Ryerson (my uni's name) Students

I am so lucky this happened on campus.
Old 11-30-2005
Registered!!

Sick Cycle is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by AggressiveAdam
Second Update

Today I got a call from Toronto Police, they said that they called the owner and the daughter admitted she was driving the car. She deined knowing about the damage but the officer said that numerous witnesses say that she stepped out of the car and observed the damage. The officer gave me the 2 phone numbers (which are 411 trackable, one on a farm outside of Ottawa "Juniper Farms" and one in Kemptville, outside of Ottawa. The cop also gave me her policy number but I wont be going through insurance. I talked to her today and she denied knowing about the damages.

I demanded $1200 as thats what the cop estimated. She said that was high but i told her it reflects my photocopy fee's tape fees, time I spent driving to the reporting center, the time it took to get all the witness statements. Not to mention Ill need a rental car while the car is in the paint shop.

I told her she has 48 hours to get the money togheter and to pay me in Cash or cash equivilent (money order, cert. cheque, or direct deposit to my bank) Her father is supposed to call me tonight becase "Daddy's paying for everything"

ahhhhh thank you honest Ryerson (my uni's name) Students

I am so lucky this happened on campus.
Old 11-30-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

genx_7 is an unknown quantity at this point
the girl got owned! haha good to hear your story
Old 11-30-2005
Premium Member

runner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to allrunner1738 is a name known to all
i wonder why they didnt want the reward , lol, but that is nice of them to actually come forward with what they saw, and willing to go to court for a stranger
Old 11-30-2005

edicivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep up the good work Adam. Have you considered a career in Law, or investigation?

I havent got beat up quite as bad as you, I got a black civic. I just dont wash it too much anymore, its almost senseless trying to keep it clean. If people see a dirty car they dont get too jealous.
Old 11-30-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
damn good for you! make daddys little girl pay, or rather, daddy.
Old 11-30-2005
spell check pwns you

due congrads, justice was served. tells us if he pays or not. did she get tickets or no, cause she did flea the accident
Old 11-30-2005
Ride BMX

Dude congrats! Awesome job! You should become an investigator.
Old 11-30-2005
Registered!!

Thanks for the responses guys, I dont think she's getting a ticket. Ill tell you one thing for SURE. Even if the cop called the owner and told him about the accident (which I doubt he would have gotten around to since its so low priority) the girl would have denied it, and with one witness she WOULD have gotten away. Especially without a description of the driver.

She wont get a ticket because she is 400 km from the investigating officers department. They would have to send O.P.P over there to serve a ticket and so forth. Truthfully I dont care if she gets a ticket or doesn't. She keeps claiming that she really didnt know about the damage (which is a lie since 2 girls saw her get out and look) which kind of upsets me that shes lieing. Regardless if I get my money plus a little it of profit im happy.

Ill let you know when this guy pays. Its a horseriding ranch "Juniper Farms" I could have sworn ive seen a sign for that place driving home from Ottawa once.

As far as a career in law, I have considered it but for now I am working on my bachelor of commerce, business school that is. I could always write the exams to go to law school but I dont plan to do that in the next 10 years. My program also includes paid apprentership so the route im going Ill be making money while workin towards job placement in only 2 years.

Thanks for the positive comments and remember
Moral of the story

Description of Drivers are more important then plates!
Old 11-30-2005
Registered!!

The dad just called me and left a voicemail while I was in class. Seems hes pretty resonable and willing to pay.

as a side note after spending $420 on doing my timing belt and water pump last weekend my car broke down last night, and runs really rough if I manage to start it. Mechanic should let me know what it is by the end of the day. unfortunatly after 140,000km I think its my engine

Ah well the money I made from this I can spend to fix this next problem

Last edited by AggressiveAdam; 11-30-2005 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-30-2005
Registered!!

AlienX will become famous soon enough
g8 work!
Old 11-30-2005
Registered!!

The meeting between me and this girls father is set for Friday at 2 pm. We are meeting at a very busy building right in the middle of campus. He has no problems paying me the $1200 and has agreed to a certified cheque. The father was VERY resonable and a nice guy.

I have promised him I will not be persueing a fail to reamin at the scene conviction.

/me = happy

however I do need to buy a new engine sadly a D17 and not a K20

Quick Reply: *BUSTED! I caught the driver!* $1200 Received! Why does the world hate my car?