Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

My new car

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
My new car

After looking for a new car (IS300, STi...) I decided to get another Civic so I can save up some more money and buy the car flat out without financing anything.

I hit the auction yesterday for the 3rd time and finally picked the winner.

2004 LX with 20k miles. It auctioned off for just under $11k which is basically trade-in value for the car. I figure that in a year or 2 when I save up some extra money for the new car I'll be able to sell this for privetly for about what I bought it for.

For those of you who knwo how the car business works know exactly what I'm talking about.. Civic resale value owns all.

here are some pics:

Little bump, the fender corner needs to be pulled out, the headlight is pushed back about half an inch which should also be really easy to striaght out and the bumper has a couple surface scratches. About 150-200 bucks of work and it'll be perfect. This was one of the 2 things that kept the price down on the car.

2nd thing that kept the price of the car lower then other is that the rear bumper is all scuffed up. WHo ever had it before must of lived in the city where everyone parrallel parks.... so 200 more bucks for some paint work and it'll be good as new.

Interior is pretty much perfect

Yea, so as soon as I get the front end fixed and the rear bumper repainted the car would be technically brand new.
Old 11-03-2005
Registered!!

SimonTek is an unknown quantity at this point
I want the Hubcaps. lol. jk
Old 11-03-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
Is it Shoreline Mist?
Old 11-03-2005
Registered!!

GACivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll trade you my stock tail lights + some altezza tail lights for those beautiful 04s

Last edited by GACivic; 11-03-2005 at 01:43 PM.
Old 11-03-2005
Registered!!

hustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the roughhustlelikem0fo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Day_Tripper
Is it Shoreline Mist?
no clue what the proper name of the color is. i just picjed a light color cuz its easy to keep clean and all the scratches/dents dont show up as easily.
Old 11-03-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
Originally Posted by hustlelikem0fo
no clue what the proper name of the color is. i just picjed a light color cuz its easy to keep clean and all the scratches/dents dont show up as easily.
It must be since it has the beige interior and all... cool there arn't many of us on 7thgen
Old 11-03-2005
Registered!!

It must be since it has the beige interior and all... cool there arn't many of us on 7thgen
what other tan colors are there?

i was SSM for life about 4 months ago haha.
Old 11-03-2005
Registered!!

sweeteli99 will become famous soon enoughsweeteli99 will become famous soon enough
not modding this one? did you sell the old one? wrecked?
Old 11-03-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

what other tan colors are there?

i was SSM for life about 4 months ago haha.
for 03+ only shoreline mist
Old 11-03-2005
Registered!!

GACivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Hustle, I sent you a PM about some stuff.
Old 11-03-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sweeteli99
not modding this one? did you sell the old one? wrecked?
yea, this one is staying stock. i parted out and sold the old one about 4 months ago.
Old 11-03-2005
Owned By Slo Rex

Stock is no fun
My 03 Shoreline Mist... they can be made to look lovley...
Old 11-03-2005
Still in the game...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
hmm...so why didnt you just keep your other one?...then you wouldnt have had to get into this one at all

ive been in decision jams before tho, i backed out on two accords in the last 2 months to make the smarter decision of keeping my winter beater till spring then get the accord....why pay all that cash for it to sit in my garage, right?
Old 11-03-2005
Registered!!

My05civic is an unknown quantity at this point
i thought only 05's had those taillights.......??????......
Old 11-03-2005
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by My05civic

nope, 04-05, thats it.
Old 11-03-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by My05civic
No the 04s and 05s have those tails.
Old 11-03-2005
Registered!!

My05civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh... excuse me... sorry.
Old 11-03-2005
::+::My Girlfriend is hot, but I'm still GAY::+::

yourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura aboutyourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura about
You should of just kept the old vic
and just save your money then buy your STI or IS
Old 11-03-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by scatman
hmm...so why didnt you just keep your other one?...then you wouldnt have had to get into this one at all

My other civic was a 2001 which I also bought at an auction in 2003. I bought that car for $10,000 in 2003 and and sold it for $9,500 this summer. I basically didn't lose any money in 2 years of owning the Civic. Basically this summer the "private retail" of the car was about the same amount as the "trade-in value" at which I bought the car at in 03....... I can explain in more detail but I think most can figure out what I mean.

Basically, the miles on my other Civic were getting slightly high and it was time to sell it before losing money on it.

Now with this Civic which I also bought at "trade-in" price today I will be able to sell it for about $11k in a couple years cuz thats what it will approximatly be worth PRIVETLY in a couple years. So once again I will not lose any money due to depreciation on the car.

I figure in a couple years I can save up a good chunk of money, sell the Civic for what I paid for it and I'll be in good shape to get any car I want new....
Old 11-03-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
My other civic was a 2001 which I also bought at an auction in 2003. I bought that car for $10,000 in 2003 and and sold it for $9,500 this summer. I basically didn't lose any money in 2 years of owning the Civic. Basically this summer the "private retail" of the car was about the same amount as the "trade-in value" at which I bought the car at in 03....... I can explain in more detail but I think most can figure out what I mean.

Basically, the miles on my other Civic were getting slightly high and it was time to sell it before I any serious money on it.

Now with this Civic which I also bought at "trade-in" price today I will be able to sell it for about $11k in a couple years cuz thats what it will approximatly be worth PRIVETLY in a couple years. So once again I will not lose any money due to depreciation on the car.

I figure in a couple years I can save up a good chunk of money, sell the Civic for what I paid for it and I'll be in good shape to get any car I want new....
So true.
Old 11-03-2005
spoolin by you

Spoolin should not be trustedSpoolin should not be trusted
nice daily driver. any chance you would sell me your stock tails? let me know what sounds fair. i have an obx axle-back muffler for trade too if you are interested in that.
Old 11-04-2005
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
Stock is no fun
My 03 Shoreline Mist... they can be made to look lovley...
Your Shoreline Mist is clean. Like your JDM lugs too, what kind?
Old 11-04-2005
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
damn bro you got a good price! Can't wait to see it well modded like your other car. And i'm glad you didn't get the ugly 8th gen civics...
Old 11-04-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

Originally Posted by kasimmmmm
damn bro you got a good price! Can't wait to see it well modded like your other car. And i'm glad you didn't get the ugly 8th gen civics...
Sorry to break the news to you, but he is staying stock.
Old 11-04-2005
Registered!!

chrisleecool has a spectacular aura aboutchrisleecool has a spectacular aura about

Basically, the miles on my other Civic were getting slightly high and it was time to sell it before losing money on it.

now..that's smart
Old 11-04-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light

good choice.
Old 11-04-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
i still say its a upgrade. Looks wise 04 > 03
Old 11-04-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
nice
Old 11-04-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
I don't like it.... It sucks...

hahaha... jk man. Awesome. I wish I had cash like that to sell and buy cars... I would make it a serious buck or two off of it. Buy a used sportscar, mod it, sell it to someone that has way too much money... Anyway, it looks like you'll need a lot of paint for that thing, or you could replace the whole rear bumper.
Old 11-04-2005
Registered!!

sweeteli99 will become famous soon enoughsweeteli99 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by TemjinX2
i still say its a upgrade. Looks wise 04 > 03
i like 01-03 w/04 tails...

Quick Reply: My new car