Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

vinyled my CF hood. Whatcha think

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
vinyled my CF hood. Whatcha think

Ok so I've always loved carbon fiber, but after I got my hood, I realized that it looks really out of place on a light colored car. So this past weekend I visited my local pro vinyl shop and this is the result. This pic was taken with my camera phone so it's not the best quality. I'll post better ones on Monday after my car show.

Tell me whatcha think please
Old 11-02-2005
Registered!!

orion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really niceorion_squall is just really nice
oh....

Old 11-02-2005
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Be warned that people on these boards are not going to react favorably to this...
Old 11-02-2005
Registered!!

HondCivc91 is an unknown quantity at this point
eh...
Old 11-02-2005

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jfan
Be warned that people on these boards are not going to react favorably to this...
Understood completely. It's actually pretty sweet cuz the vinyl is color matched. So it's dead on with my paint.
Old 11-02-2005
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
Uhhhh....RICER... Sorry did I type that aloud....If you like it.. Whatever???
Old 11-02-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by XTREME2K2CIVIC
Uhhhh....RICER... Sorry did I type that aloud....If you like it.. Whatever???

lol i knew some1 would say this.. lol but hey if u like it man its all good.. i got vynl on my car too.. dont sweat what people say.. ive had over a hundred postive comments on it.. not just from people who mod cars..from older people and people i wouldnt think would look at my car.. so thats what counts..
Old 11-02-2005
YUL
Registered!!

YUL has a spectacular aura aboutYUL has a spectacular aura about
it's a flaming vic!
Old 11-02-2005
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shifty is on a distinguished road
i dunno.......put your flame suit on, you're lucky you didnt post this on Honda-tech. You would have very very angry people and posts.....lol.
Old 11-02-2005
Registered!!

sweeteli99 will become famous soon enoughsweeteli99 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by YUL
it's a flaming vic!
STANDBY FOR THE FLAMING TO START!

not my cup of tea, but if you like it. that's good for you.
Old 11-02-2005
Registered!!

bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
Ibtl
Old 11-02-2005

Originally Posted by Shifty
i dunno.......put your flame suit on, you're lucky you didnt post this on Honda-tech. You would have very very angry people and posts.....lol.
Meh... when you have questions like should I change the color of my license plate lights, I really didn't see this being a huge issue. I didn't ask if I should buy matching tireflys and LED washer nozzles. Or if I should pick a light up exhaust tip that matched my light up wing. Oh well... To each their own. I thank you all for your opinions. I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't want people's opinions. But... ya'll do me a favor and define rice... Cuz I've seen a whole hell of a lot of people on here buying cosmetic products or changing lighting color but since it meets with most people's approval, it's ok... Hmmmm.... a bit confusing for me...
Old 11-02-2005
Registered!!

mndthegap1 has a spectacular aura aboutmndthegap1 has a spectacular aura about
IMO doesnt look bad.
You like it thats all that matters.
as for everyone else who calls it rice or whatever ignore them
for the most part 80 -85% of these boards dont really like anything other then a "clean" civic, so rims, bodykit, drop, tint, etc.
so ignore those who rip on ya..
effort.
keep it up.
Old 11-02-2005
Registered!!

sweeteli99 will become famous soon enoughsweeteli99 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by stpyro8
Meh... when you have questions like should I change the color of my license plate lights, I really didn't see this being a huge issue. I didn't ask if I should buy matching tireflys and LED washer nozzles. Or if I should pick a light up exhaust tip that matched my light up wing. Oh well... To each their own. I thank you all for your opinions. I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't want people's opinions. But... ya'll do me a favor and define rice... Cuz I've seen a whole hell of a lot of people on here buying cosmetic products or changing lighting color but since it meets with most people's approval, it's ok... Hmmmm.... a bit confusing for me...
everyone has their own definition for rice. to me, your hood without vinyl's isn't considered rice, but with those vinyl's it is.

i guess you don't think of it that way. it's just everyones own taste. don't get the people on here wrong, most may not like it, but i'm sure someone will.

you posted the pics because you wanted to hear what people thought about it, which you are. if you like it, that's cool man.
Old 11-02-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
it goes so fast flames are comming off of it!
Old 11-02-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
no comment on the vinyls, but on a light colored car, a cf hood does not look out of place, IMO.
Old 11-02-2005
Registered!!

SimonTek is an unknown quantity at this point
I like it, But I am not looking at the flames, I am looking at it as a creative way to get the CF hood to match the car. To fit in and such. Wait till they see my planned image on my hood.
I am a linux geek, and I want to add my personality to my car, tastefully though.
I saw what I did to my old truck, and realized, it was tack.
Old 11-02-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
i woulda gone w/ vinyling the sides if anything, especially on a ssm.
Old 11-02-2005
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
not digging the flames, but i do like it. i think it looks really good accually. flames arent me, so if i could think od something else to do it i would. you get me? but i dont think it is rice. i think it looks really nice accually, its original too, which is hard to be with a civic.
Old 11-02-2005

Originally Posted by CenZ
not digging the flames, but i do like it. i think it looks really good accually. flames arent me, so if i could think od something else to do it i would. you get me? but i dont think it is rice. i think it looks really nice accually, its original too, which is hard to be with a civic.
See that's what I was hoping to do. I've seen everyone and their mother paint or vinyl the sides of the hood. I didn't want to do what had already been done. The reason for the flames is I'm a huge pyromaniac. I wanted to throw in my own personality into my car. Everything has already been done. Just trying to be a little unique on the integration.
Old 11-02-2005
Registered!!

GACivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't like the flames either. Vinyls can be nice sometimes, but flames...?
Old 11-02-2005
umm....yeah?

X0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really nice
hmmm i got my cfhood with my silver civic...i dont think it throws it off at all...in fact I think its SEXY~ hah oh well if you like what you doin man keep on doin it...me though thats not my taste if i was to put vinyl on my hood it would be on the side parts......
Old 11-02-2005
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
CF and SSM don't look out of place IMO that is what I am rocking, but whatever floats your boat flames on cars are gay again my opinion, if they were off the car it would look awesome.
Old 11-02-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
IMO

Flames are for hotrods not honda
Old 11-02-2005
A big, hairy Kentucky boy

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
I think it looks pretty good. I may not have gone with flames, but a carbon fiber hood is just as boring as a solid-colored stock hood. Nice way to change it up a bit.
Old 11-02-2005
Ride BMX

Mutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enoughMutha Fn FBM 85 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by stpyro8
See that's what I was hoping to do. I've seen everyone and their mother paint or vinyl the sides of the hood. I didn't want to do what had already been done. The reason for the flames is I'm a huge pyromaniac. I wanted to throw in my own personality into my car. Everything has already been done. Just trying to be a little unique on the integration.

Awesome! Everyone should throw in their personality in their car and not just do whatever everyone else is doing. Very creative by the way.
Old 11-02-2005
gone

Nitto will become famous soon enough
sorry i dont like it
Old 11-02-2005
Registered!!

genexrocket has a spectacular aura aboutgenexrocket has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ***** Fn FBM 85
Awesome! Everyone should throw in their personality in their car and not just do whatever everyone else is doing. Very creative by the way.
agreed, it's harder to find a civic that's completely stock nowadays.. imo; vinyls don't look good
Old 11-02-2005
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
hey.. thats wut gets people points at car shows...
Old 11-02-2005
Registered!!

silverlxplaya is an unknown quantity at this point
its aite

Quick Reply: vinyled my CF hood. Whatcha think