Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   vinyled my CF hood. Whatcha think (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/233662-vinyled-my-cf-hood-whatcha-think.html)

notoriouspyro 11-02-2005 09:06 AM

vinyled my CF hood. Whatcha think

Ok so I've always loved carbon fiber, but after I got my hood, I realized that it looks really out of place on a light colored car. So this past weekend I visited my local pro vinyl shop and this is the result. This pic was taken with my camera phone so it's not the best quality. I'll post better ones on Monday after my car show.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...amescivic1.jpg

Tell me whatcha think please

orion_squall 11-02-2005 09:09 AM

oh....

:eek:

jfan 11-02-2005 09:19 AM

Be warned that people on these boards are not going to react favorably to this...

HondCivc91 11-02-2005 09:22 AM

eh...

notoriouspyro 11-02-2005 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by jfan
Be warned that people on these boards are not going to react favorably to this...

Understood completely. It's actually pretty sweet cuz the vinyl is color matched. So it's dead on with my paint.

XTREME2K2CIVIC 11-02-2005 09:26 AM

Uhhhh....RICER... Sorry did I type that aloud....If you like it.. Whatever???

HondaGuy12 11-02-2005 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by XTREME2K2CIVIC
Uhhhh....RICER... Sorry did I type that aloud....If you like it.. Whatever???

lol i knew some1 would say this.. lol but hey if u like it man its all good.. i got vynl on my car too.. dont sweat what people say.. ive had over a hundred postive comments on it.. not just from people who mod cars..from older people and people i wouldnt think would look at my car.. so thats what counts..

YUL 11-02-2005 10:08 AM

it's a flaming vic!

Shifty 11-02-2005 10:18 AM

i dunno.......put your flame suit on, you're lucky you didnt post this on Honda-tech. You would have very very angry people and posts.....lol.

sweeteli99 11-02-2005 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by YUL
it's a flaming vic!

STANDBY FOR THE FLAMING TO START!:lol:

not my cup of tea, but if you like it. that's good for you.

bluestreak 11-02-2005 10:29 AM

Ibtl

notoriouspyro 11-02-2005 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Shifty
i dunno.......put your flame suit on, you're lucky you didnt post this on Honda-tech. You would have very very angry people and posts.....lol.

Meh... when you have questions like should I change the color of my license plate lights, I really didn't see this being a huge issue. I didn't ask if I should buy matching tireflys and LED washer nozzles. Or if I should pick a light up exhaust tip that matched my light up wing. Oh well... To each their own. I thank you all for your opinions. I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't want people's opinions. But... ya'll do me a favor and define rice... Cuz I've seen a whole hell of a lot of people on here buying cosmetic products or changing lighting color but since it meets with most people's approval, it's ok... Hmmmm.... a bit confusing for me...

mndthegap1 11-02-2005 10:38 AM

IMO doesnt look bad.
You like it thats all that matters.
as for everyone else who calls it rice or whatever ignore them
for the most part 80 -85% of these boards dont really like anything other then a "clean" civic, so rims, bodykit, drop, tint, etc.
so ignore those who rip on ya..
:tup: effort.
keep it up.

sweeteli99 11-02-2005 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by stpyro8
Meh... when you have questions like should I change the color of my license plate lights, I really didn't see this being a huge issue. I didn't ask if I should buy matching tireflys and LED washer nozzles. Or if I should pick a light up exhaust tip that matched my light up wing. Oh well... To each their own. I thank you all for your opinions. I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't want people's opinions. But... ya'll do me a favor and define rice... Cuz I've seen a whole hell of a lot of people on here buying cosmetic products or changing lighting color but since it meets with most people's approval, it's ok... Hmmmm.... a bit confusing for me...

everyone has their own definition for rice. to me, your hood without vinyl's isn't considered rice, but with those vinyl's it is.

i guess you don't think of it that way. it's just everyones own taste. don't get the people on here wrong, most may not like it, but i'm sure someone will.

you posted the pics because you wanted to hear what people thought about it, which you are. if you like it, that's cool man.

TheSmuggler 11-02-2005 10:49 AM

it goes so fast flames are comming off of it!

Al Gore FTW 11-02-2005 10:52 AM

no comment on the vinyls, but on a light colored car, a cf hood does not look out of place, IMO.

SimonTek 11-02-2005 10:57 AM

I like it, But I am not looking at the flames, I am looking at it as a creative way to get the CF hood to match the car. To fit in and such. Wait till they see my planned image on my hood.
I am a linux geek, and I want to add my personality to my car, tastefully though.
I saw what I did to my old truck, and realized, it was tack.
http://www.michael-prokop.at/images/tux.png

blouisgod 11-02-2005 11:04 AM

i woulda gone w/ vinyling the sides if anything, especially on a ssm.

CenZ 11-02-2005 11:09 AM

not digging the flames, but i do like it. i think it looks really good accually. flames arent me, so if i could think od something else to do it i would. you get me? but i dont think it is rice. i think it looks really nice accually, its original too, which is hard to be with a civic.

notoriouspyro 11-02-2005 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by CenZ
not digging the flames, but i do like it. i think it looks really good accually. flames arent me, so if i could think od something else to do it i would. you get me? but i dont think it is rice. i think it looks really nice accually, its original too, which is hard to be with a civic.

See that's what I was hoping to do. I've seen everyone and their mother paint or vinyl the sides of the hood. I didn't want to do what had already been done. The reason for the flames is I'm a huge pyromaniac. I wanted to throw in my own personality into my car. Everything has already been done. Just trying to be a little unique on the integration.

GACivic 11-02-2005 11:22 AM

I don't like the flames either. Vinyls can be nice sometimes, but flames...?

X0DuZz 11-02-2005 11:27 AM

hmmm i got my cfhood with my silver civic...i dont think it throws it off at all...in fact I think its SEXY~ hah oh well if you like what you doin man keep on doin it...me though thats not my taste if i was to put vinyl on my hood it would be on the side parts......

SLO REX 11-02-2005 11:33 AM

CF and SSM don't look out of place IMO that is what I am rocking, but whatever floats your boat flames on cars are gay again my opinion, if they were off the car it would look awesome.

PunkingCivic 11-02-2005 11:41 AM

IMO

Flames are for hotrods not honda

stinkypie 11-02-2005 11:47 AM

I think it looks pretty good. I may not have gone with flames, but a carbon fiber hood is just as boring as a solid-colored stock hood. Nice way to change it up a bit.

Mutha Fn FBM 85 11-02-2005 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by stpyro8
See that's what I was hoping to do. I've seen everyone and their mother paint or vinyl the sides of the hood. I didn't want to do what had already been done. The reason for the flames is I'm a huge pyromaniac. I wanted to throw in my own personality into my car. Everything has already been done. Just trying to be a little unique on the integration.

Awesome! Everyone should throw in their personality in their car and not just do whatever everyone else is doing. :tup: Very creative by the way.

Nitto 11-02-2005 12:07 PM

sorry i dont like it

genexrocket 11-02-2005 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mutha Fn FBM 85
Awesome! Everyone should throw in their personality in their car and not just do whatever everyone else is doing. :tup: Very creative by the way.

agreed, it's harder to find a civic that's completely stock nowadays.. imo; vinyls don't look good

kasimmmmm 11-02-2005 12:27 PM

hey.. thats wut gets people points at car shows...

silverlxplaya 11-02-2005 12:34 PM

its aite