Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

using real cf locking hood pins without metal

Old 11-01-2005
im stock now! T.T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
using real cf locking hood pins without metal

ok i recently got my cf locking hood pins installed. Im only using the locking part with the washer and no other parts such as the metal plate and cf overlay it just looks too good with only the lock. is it possible this will damage my hood?
Old 11-01-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
youll want to use the plates to distribute the force put on the pin when driving or else it will crack your hood.
Old 11-01-2005
im stock now! T.T

im using the pin only and it looks way better. nothing cracked as of yet and I think I will keep it this way because it looks wayyy cleaner. hmm i thought about the force but if it does crack ill start using the metal plates..
Old 11-01-2005
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
it will also scuff the clearcoat
Old 11-01-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
put washers on the bottom side at very least! save your freaking hood for gods sake! lol
At least it wont scrathch as much.

but still i highly recommend using them on the top. ive seen what happens when a CF hood flies up or off or cracks and its not pretty
Old 11-01-2005
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Civic_RedLine
im using the pin only and it looks way better. nothing cracked as of yet and I think I will keep it this way because it looks wayyy cleaner. hmm i thought about the force but if it does crack ill start using the metal plates..
Once it cracks there's no point in saving it.
If the shiny plates bother you, paint them black. There is a point for them being there.
Old 11-02-2005
im stock now! T.T

ok fine, after I read this yesterday I already put the metal plates back and luckily the hood was starting to make spider web cracks around it but not much like maybe a quarter inch spider web cracks.. Once I saw that I drove back home side streets so I wont go over 70 and when I went home I put the 2 metal plates back on along with the cf overlay and it likes complete shittt... the plates are covering the cracks enough so hopefully it wont make more cracks, what I noticed though was I think I put the first plate on wrong because I used the sire that has 4 dots out facing the hood instead of using the other side which is flat... hope you all understand it, so I think I need to readjust it tonight.
As for this product, I dont recommend it to anyone. I nearly took 12 hours to get it installed and even with all that time I didnt even install it to look nice. Like each side of the locking keys arent matching so one is on 9 oclock while other is at like 12 o clock. ITs just so hard to adjust and IM not a look freak so I just left it like that, hey as long as it works right?
Anyways these are a reallllll pain to take of the washers to add or adjus tthe plates im just crying right now that I will have to do it again...
anyone explain if using the plate with the 4 dots pointing out onto the cf hood will crack it also?
Old 11-02-2005
im stock now! T.T

Originally Posted by diskreet
put washers on the bottom side at very least! save your freaking hood for gods sake! lol
At least it wont scrathch as much.

but still i highly recommend using them on the top. ive seen what happens when a CF hood flies up or off or cracks and its not pretty

why would my hood fly up if I dont use the pins... i been driving/racing around with only the factory latch for about a year now. I put at least 40k into that hood with the factory latch til I finall decided to put the pins on.
I wouldnt have even used this pin if it wasnt for the locks. I just wanted that extra security so the common thief wouldnt be able to pop the hood open easily where my alarm is... I didnt use it for safety on the road which I shouldve used it for but I didnt..
I was also going 140mph using only the factory latch... never had any problems with it..