Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Pics of Nice & fast cars and Damaged engine parts at my school today

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
Pics of Nice & fast cars and Damaged engine parts at my school today

Here are some pics from my school today. These are the cars that we get to play with each day, tune them, and build them up. Well look at the pics

this is the engine bay of our toyota supra. It is now a single turbo setup reduced from a twin turbo I believe. The highest output recorded so far at the school was 580 HP after it was ran with nitrous.

here is a shot of the toyota supra. Nice car huh?

this is a pic of a rear mount turbo setup on a pontiac GTO. the car is currently under construction as right after the turbo was installed, and after a few runs on the dyno, they blew the hell out of the number 5 pistons. The reason it happened was because the company who manufactured the turbo recommended a too small size of injector and said it would work. Well it didnt and too much air and not enough fuel caused the engine to blow the piston. dont have any pics of the piston though.

another pic of the rear mount turbo setup

This is the pic of the intercooler on the GTO.

another pic of the intercooler.

here is the pic of the empty engine bay from the GTO after we pulled the engine.

this is the front suspension from the GTO. We dropped the engine out the bottom so we just dropped the whole front end. So much easier.

here is the pic of our Dodge SRT-4. It is also under construction after today as after a few runs on the dyno, it stopped building boost and overheated from the result of a cracked radiator. We dont know how it happened, but we pulled it and ordered a new one.

this is a crappy pic of some mustang parts going into the building of our schools race car.

more pics of the mustang parts.

this is the pic of the mustang where some of the parts came from and the car they will be going into.

more pics of the mustang parts

rear shot of the toyota supra in our garage.

this is the engine bay of our camero. It has a procharger on it and putting out a bit under 400 HP.

this is the GTO on the lift.

this is a pic of a camero that goes to our school. It has a cam in it, custom head work and an exhaust and intake and put out 351 HP and 370 lb of torque today on the dyno.

this is a pic of a GT mustang of a dude I know. It put out a bit over 250 HP I believe it was. All that is done to it is an exhaust and built up rear end.

this is a pic of that dudes camero on the dyno.

another pic of his camero on the dyno

a pic of my buddy holding up a jegs nitrous bottle about to go on a transam in the dyno that ended up putting over 450 ft lbs of torque.

here is the pic of the neon SRT-4 in the middle of a run before it overheated and lost boost.

another pic of the supra

shot of our dyno garage

a shot of our mitsibishi eclipse. Its hard to see, but the exhaust is covered in balck filth as well as the bumper. it is running a 10:1 air/fuel ratio (very rich) because they put in a AEM fuel rail and stuck with the stock return line. Big rail and tiny return line equals really rich mixture.

A pic of a few of the cars in our shop. A mustang that just had the heads rebuilt, a crappy civic that we mess with

a pic of the GTO block after another class tore it apart. You can see damage in the number 5 cylinder which you cant see in the pic. they are getting ready to have it rebored.

more pics of in the garage

A pic of the cracked radiator that I personally pulled from the neon.

another pic of the radiator.

this is an awesome pic. this is a blown up piston from a 350 engine in our t-buckets. this is the result of running nitrous and a blower at the same time. The cylinder wall callapsed under pressure destroying the piston and rod.

another pic of that piston.

a better shot of the piston from that 350

the bent rod from the 350

Picture of a 350 in our t-buckets. We build these engines in one of our phases and then run them with different heads, cams, carbs, etc.. in another phase.

pic of the supra on the dyno.

these are the numbers that the supra put out. they think the boost controller wasnt working cause they turned it up and down and got the same amount of power. this is all ran off the stock ECU. they are getting ready to throw in a AEM stand alone computer which we were going to do these past few weeks, but didnt.

another pic of the supra

another shot of our school cars.

pic of our school camero.

hope you enjoy these pics

Last edited by streetglower; 10-27-2005 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaSilverCivic will become famous soon enough
cool . . . what school do you go too?
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
I go to UTI here in houston. When you get to the hod rod cources, you get to play with these cars and run the **** out of them.
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

DaSilverCivic will become famous soon enough
sweet!
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

isuzu5000 will become famous soon enoughisuzu5000 will become famous soon enough
a pic of my buddy holding up a jegs nitrous bottle about to go on a transam in the dyno that ended up putting over 450 ft lbs of torque.
thats an edelbrock bottle isnt it....i guess you ordered it from jegs...
i'm not trying to knock on that supra but man, thats gotta be one of the ugliest supras ever. and yes that is a single conversion supra. the highest output on a supra is 1520 on a single turbo supra...one of the fastest time in on a twin turbo though.

Last edited by isuzu5000; 10-27-2005 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

2005h4 is an unknown quantity at this point
no civic?
Old 10-27-2005
Touch it... He won't bite, He'll just come at you pretty quick.

Blahman240 is on a distinguished road
Hows tuition at uti? I want to go there, but they really didn't tell me much.
Old 10-27-2005
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
Damn man thats a bad school...I think I might go over there. Is there any requirements?? I mean I am at a university right now and I hate it
Old 10-27-2005
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by streetglower
It is also under construction after today as after a few runs on the dyno, it stopped building boost and overheated from the result of a cracked radiator. We dont know how it happened, but we pulled it and ordered a new one.
Well, what do you expect? It's a Dodge! Of course it's gonna crack! Now, try cracking an Evo...
Originally Posted by 2005h4
no civic?
Uhm... there's a 6th gen riiiiight... here.

Annnnd.... there.

By the way, man... what's that Camero thing you work on? I've never heard of such a car.
I've heard of Camaros, but not Cameros...

And WTF? A turbo on the downpipe? That's cool.
Old 10-27-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
You all converted to a single turbo setup and you only got 5 sometihng to the wheels AFTER nitrous?
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
I don't understand why that turbo is near the exhaust???
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by isuzu5000
thats an edelbrock bottle isnt it....i guess you ordered it from jegs...
i'm not trying to knock on that supra but man, thats gotta be one of the ugliest supras ever. and yes that is a single conversion supra. the highest output on a supra is 1520 on a single turbo supra...one of the fastest time in on a twin turbo though.
yea I meant to say edelbrock. Sorry. I think the supra looks bad ***. It sounds bad *** too.

Originally Posted by 2005h4
no civic?
yea its in one of those pics. Its an older civic, I think 99 or so. Its ugly, we just mess around with it now and then

Originally Posted by Blahman240
Hows tuition at uti? I want to go there, but they really didn't tell me much.
depending on what program you take, depends on the tuition. My tuition was $25,000. But thats for auto, diesel and Industrial. If you take just auto its like $15,000 or so. its expensive, but if you pay attention, you learn alot.

Originally Posted by dp_yz713
Damn man thats a bad school...I think I might go over there. Is there any requirements?? I mean I am at a university right now and I hate it
No requirements to get in. you have to get a bunch of things signed before you start like make sure your financial aid is set, have clothes, etc... easy as pie

Originally Posted by ramcosca
Well, what do you expect? It's a Dodge! Of course it's gonna crack! Now, try cracking an Evo...
Uhm... there's a 6th gen riiiiight... here.

Annnnd.... there.

By the way, man... what's that Camero thing you work on? I've never heard of such a car.
I've heard of Camaros, but not Cameros...

And WTF? A turbo on the downpipe? That's cool.
I am not sure why it cracked, but thoses cars get the **** ran out of them. Sorry, camaros.

And that turbo is a rear mount turbo. I have never seen one either untill now, but I think they are made for the GM cars. Funny thing is you would think it would have some lag to it, but it doesnt.

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
You all converted to a single turbo setup and you only got 5 sometihng to the wheels AFTER nitrous?
The car has been ran to death. Also it is running on the stock Computer with stock fuel trim. Once it gets the AEM stand alone in and some things rewired, and tuned, it should put down some power. All it is, is a single turbocharged supra. nothing special. Just a bad *** car.

see here is an article on the rear mount turbo

http://chevyhiperformance.com/techar...48_0502_turbo/
Old 10-27-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 7thGenerasianCivic
I don't understand why that turbo is near the exhaust???

I saw a compay that had a video that had a setup for trucks like that. Thet said the turbo would be cooler and provide better boost that way
Old 10-27-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Here is the company that make the rear mounted turbos: http://www.ststurbo.com/
Old 10-27-2005

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
I wanna go to school there now lol
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

I wanna go to school there now lol
Its pretty tight once you get into the 3 hot rod cources. All of the other cources you learn about basic automotive stuff. Hotrod teaches you about performance. Its fun. I like going to school there, you learn alot and have fun. Our teacher in that cource is only 28 years old, the youngest teacher there. He worked at cheverlet as a tech for a few years and as a tuner at some shop, so he knows his stuff. I learned alot about turbos and supercharges in the past 3 weeks in this cource. Alot of questions people have about automotive are answered when they go to the school.
Old 10-27-2005

I have a friend that goes to UTI, and he never tells me about this stuff.... he's holding out on me!!!
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

I have a friend that goes to UTI, and he never tells me about this stuff.... he's holding out on me!!!
Probably because he is in the boring classes. LOL Not every class is as fun as the hot rod classes. Electrical classes can get boring with all the lectures and what not.

Oh, BTW, if any of you have friends or know people who go to UTI, they let people dyno there cars for free. SO if you have a built up car or are curious about what your car puts out, talk to someone who goes there. I was going to ask people in the houston area if they wanted to come up there during the past 3 weeks, but forgot. I am waiting for someone to bring a import up there that can lay down some numbers.

Last edited by streetglower; 10-27-2005 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

bhoy is an unknown quantity at this point
im from sugarland too......i just got my car on the body shop today..
Old 10-27-2005
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
dude thats awsome. i am really considering goin there, but what is your major called?? you might have siad it but i didnt catch it.
Old 10-27-2005
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
hell yeah, that'd be awesome to go to school tehre
Old 10-27-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
damn, what a cool experience. they have made those rear turbos for integs for a while. dont make much sense running them in the rain though - the filters ive seen are under the fuel tank.
Old 10-27-2005
Still in the game...

scatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to beholdscatman is a splendid one to behold
omgwtfbbq why cant we work on cars like that here. goddamn east coast
Old 10-27-2005
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Thats the second time I've seen turbos at the end of the car, maybe this could be a solution to the 8thgen civs?
Old 10-28-2005
Registered!!

thekuai will become famous soon enoughthekuai will become famous soon enough
somebody make a rear turbo setup for our cars!!!!
Old 10-28-2005
Registered!!

isuzu5000 will become famous soon enoughisuzu5000 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by scatman
omgwtfbbq why cant we work on cars like that here. goddamn east coast
i get to work on better cars than that everyday w/o paying 25 grand.
Old 10-28-2005
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Hey man, that's awesome that you're doing what you love. I'm glad things are working out well for you.

My dad is a former shop teacher and he went to some seminar at UTI last summer. He said he loved it but wished he would've seen more actually stuff and less in lectures.
Old 10-28-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
i wanan go 2 ur school that looks sweet
Old 10-28-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
sweet
Old 10-28-2005
Registered!!

Rain King is an unknown quantity at this point
nice

Quick Reply: Pics of Nice & fast cars and Damaged engine parts at my school today