Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Oppinions needed is this worth it ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
sweeteli99 i think you should give it a rest with all your comments. you're just making yourself sound ignorant. everyone is entitled to their opinions and thats what this thread is for.
Old 10-14-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
Well back to the subject in hand. i agree that $1600 is a lot for carbon fiber wraps. You might as well just buy carbon fiber sheets off ebay and wrap it your self. I say you make him do carbon fiber replacements for that price or get him to lower it. I know there was a member on this site that use to sell the carbon fiber A and B pillar replacements. You might wanna do a search and contact him.
Old 10-14-2005
Banned

p5hnganthrday has a little shameless behaviour in the past
kazell? or w/e it was?
Old 10-14-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
next person to call mndthegap a noob need s punch to the fvcking jaw. damn people dont call him a noob when he had one of the most promising civics before he got screwd hard!!
Old 10-14-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
fiberglass and paint is a fine line to walk......there is a member on here that did it and everyone....yes everyone hated it cuz it looked like a tonka truck with white out spilled all over it....but i would go carbon fiber, i've always loved it and i can think of one member on here out of all of us that has a carbon fiber dash, and a lot more members have fiberglassed and painted, i would go cf, but thats just my opinion
Old 10-14-2005
Wish I had a Turbo 3)

04|5spdCivic can only hope to improve
wow man that list is very impressive. if i were you i'd stop selling columbian cocaine and lay low for a while so you dont get caught. then fiberglass your interior and have it painted. i wouldnt get gloss paint if i were you cuz it looks cheap, scratches easily, and gets dirty very easily. get a flat color. then with all the money you saved get your girlfriend a ring. if you dont have a girlfriend get one. it should be pretty easy with a car like yours.
Old 10-14-2005
Registered!!

mndthegap1 has a spectacular aura aboutmndthegap1 has a spectacular aura about
diskreet THANKS MUCH APPRECIATED !!!

as for color Imola Orange Acura nsx color.
as for being a noob i am far from a noob...
ive been on these boards for a long time,
car has been through many changes , i enjoy doing it, so for those calling me a noob get the facts straight that i am not.

as for a girl im married and she allready has a 3ct ring... and she is into this just as much as i am, we are a team and do everything together.

Last edited by mndthegap1; 10-14-2005 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-14-2005
Registered!!

to answer the other question..
total for paint and body work 10gs
total for ALL parts 1500 not including what this topic was about.
parts like i said got most from sponsors, friends and some from ebay.

i really appreciate those standing up for me.
again, all oppinions are welcome, this was not ment to turn out like this, this is not a debate about if i have the money or not, or if its its owned or leased..
i now own the car, i do have the money.
im not into it for speed, i want a show car.

just wanted to know what people thought about the idea...
and if it was worth it.
Old 10-14-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
i say if you already got the outside taken care of -meaning its not like 6 colors anymore- painted- then go for it. ****, get the steering wheel CF. get CF pedals. i mean, if thats what you like go for it. try to get a better price lol. if its just wrapped and not replaced with CF do a better price.
idea- do the whole interior CF. i have NEVER seen that. like the headliner and "oh ****" handles. do that mats too. damn i could think of alot that hasnt been done with CF. good luck man. i believe. lol. BTW I DEMAND PICS WHEN ITS DONE!!!
Old 10-14-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MajinB
BTW I DEMAND PICS WHEN ITS DONE!!!
i second that, if we dont get them , we will both meet up, track u down and kick you in the junk.....twice
Old 10-15-2005
jdmtytedoridori

Al Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of lightAl Gore FTW is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by booba5185
i second that, if we dont get them , we will both meet up, track u down and kick you in the junk.....twice
once each, or twice each?
Old 10-15-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mandangalo
once each, or twice each?
depends on my mood. lol. probably 2 each
Old 10-15-2005
BIG
Registered!!

BIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of lightBIG is a glorious beacon of light
unless you're going to do the entire front clip in CF, I think that just having CF doors are dumb
Old 10-15-2005
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
My preference would be to fiberglass the parts you mentioned and have them painted the same color as the outside of the car. I think it's hot when a car does that.

Either that or get them a glossy black. It should probably cost a bit less and I'm not really a fan of that much exposed carbon fiber.
Old 10-15-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
There was a car down at Nopi Nationals with CF interior, he had everything done....Whole Dash, center console, doors. it was awesome, expecially with the burnt orange color his car was painted. The only thing is man, the price for stuff to be wrapped is kind of alot. Seems like you could get replacement stuff made for that. But i still think you should do it, with all the mods you have done to your car something simple may not go with your setup, the full CF would really set your car off and be one of kind. Don't listen to people who tell you its just a civic and its a waste, its your money and if you want to spend it then its not a waste. People have their opinions and you asked for them so they came out and spoke them. I say do the dash and doors first if you can, try to get the whole dash done, not just the glove box. That would look weird and unfinished. "BIG's" car had the dash and doors fiberglassed and painted, it was gloss black and was so awesome looking, if you don't do CF, save some money and fiberglass it.

Last edited by drew22mader; 10-15-2005 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-15-2005
Registered!!

^^ yeah i was in that booth, that was the wingdoor and bodykit.com both
those are 2 of my sponsors, and 2 of his sponsors.
thats one of my very good friends nick from groundwerks hes from cali.
that was his matrix....
thats where i got the idea from.
Old 10-15-2005
Reppin Stage 7

XTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enoughXTREME2K2CIVIC will become famous soon enough
The hell with all the hater n00bs....I say do it.

Its only money right?
Old 10-18-2005
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
/\/\/\ Only money...LOL I love that saying, or as my friends says "Its only money, you make more and more of it everyday"
Old 10-18-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

Originally Posted by XTREME2K2CIVIC
The hell with all the hater n00bs....I say do it.

Its only money right?
yup, i agree, i look at it like this, you want to have something different than everyone else and you're willing to pay for it, mine as well go all out and do the cf;thats what i would do
Old 10-18-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
do it man itll be sick
Old 10-18-2005
Registered!!

joelwastaken is an unknown quantity at this point
**** it dude just do the whole car carbon fiber.
Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

well i decided that i like it so i've decided to do it.
for the first phase i sent out my entire dash + glove box, the center console, and the A pillars to be done.
will take approx. 4 weeks to do with shipping and everything.

once i get those back phase 2 will begin with the B,C, pillars, and door panels.

then when i get that back i will do the rear deck.

SO the whole interior will be carbon fiber.....

next thing to decide is Do keep the 2tone leather seats OR sell those
and get the Bride XAX II seats ......
Old 10-19-2005
Diamond Member

Boggie1688 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good Luck man...post pics when u get it all done. I'd like to see how this turns out!
Old 10-19-2005
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by mndthegap1
next thing to decide is Do keep the 2tone leather seats OR sell those
and get the Bride XAX II seats ......
Are the 2-tones stock seats? If so, I'd go with Brides...

Bride seats are freaking awesome
Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
^^^ I agrreeee ... go with bride.
Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

yeah they are stock seats with katskinz 2 tone leather.
but bride actually though of us fat people ( im big... got the body of a god unfortunatley its a buddah ) Those xax II's have very very low bolsters... so i can fit...
plus i love the gradiante (sp) with the bride writing down the middle.....

so after all this is done i may try and get those....
thought about wrapping the rears over tooo, but the fabric alone is 300 sheesh expensive...hahahahahaha
Old 10-19-2005
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
you got pics of the current seats? maybe that will help with the choice of brides or not. personally i like the look of rewrapped stock seats, plus the rears will match perfectly.
Old 10-19-2005
Registered!!

this is not a picture of mine BUT
its the exact same seats that i have.
i bought them off halflife.. well prototype bought em then gave em to me he got rid of his vic.
but this will give you an idea.

i also wrapped the headliner in carbon fiber vinyl alleady aswell.

Old 10-19-2005
PWIT

CenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond reputeCenZ has a reputation beyond repute
keep those seats, i think thats hot... what color is the car going to be? from the pics you showed of the car after it was stolen its like 5 colors, lol. whats the final result that will also be good to know to know if the seats will match. if you paint your car blue, the black/silver wont match all that much, you know what i mean...
Old 10-20-2005
Registered!!

the color i chose is imola Orange.
its from the NSX but here is a pic of an s2000 with the color to give everyone an idea.

Quick Reply: Oppinions needed is this worth it ?