Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Oppinions needed is this worth it ? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/231599-oppinions-needed-worth.html)

mndthegap1 10-14-2005 12:48 PM

Oppinions needed is this worth it ?

okay so as many have saw my car got completely messed up.
well im in the process of redoing it.

so i got quoted $1670 to have:

Both door panels complete made of Real carbon fiber
glove box wrapped in Real carbon fiber
entire center console wrapped in Real carbon fiber
and both A,B,C pillars wrapped in real carbon fiber

again this is not vinyl this is actuall carbon fiber.

so is it worth it, should i do it
im 95% sure im gonna do it, but just wanted to get others oppinions first

thanx

Kyle23 10-14-2005 12:51 PM

I have a decent ammount of $ but I still cant justify spending $1700 on carbon fiber. I just dont like it that much. IMO not worth it. But hey, ur 95% sure. So whatever

Boggie1688 10-14-2005 12:53 PM

I dunno, but it sounds like ur going to get carbon fiber where ever it will go. Sounds likes you'll have random patches of carbon fiber parts in ur car...doesn't seem appealing if u ask me.

And for 1600? Get something better for ur car. Especially since it just got messed up.

mndthegap1 10-14-2005 01:01 PM

well eventually i was gonna have the dash done to so it would be pretty much everything but the seats and the carpet.. haahhaahahahha

but this is why i wanted oppinions, to see if its justified, and what everyone thinks as to how it will look...

thanks

keep em coming

Ashhole 10-14-2005 01:33 PM

well if your gonna have the dash and everythign done it CF, it prolly wouldnt look that bad

mndthegap1 10-14-2005 01:37 PM

do you all think it would be better just fiberglass and paint ?

honda860 10-14-2005 01:38 PM

It sounds cool and looks all in my head I just couldnt justify spending 1700 on carbon fiber inside my car. maybe on a hood and a trunk door and shit like that just not inside

sweeteli99 10-14-2005 01:42 PM

i would use that money to work on your exterior instead...make the exterior appealing, then work on the interior... i wouldn't CF the interior, i'd fiberglass/paint it, like you said.

Boggie1688 10-14-2005 01:50 PM

I say screw interior and exterior. I dunno what you have on your car, but how about some suspension components? Upgrade to coilovers, get an ITR 22mm sway, get a front strut, and some new grippy tires. Thats like 1700 well spent in my eyes.

SimonTek 10-14-2005 02:00 PM

Well I am not a CF fan, but why not spend the money inside your car? Where are you most of the time, On the trunk/hood or inside? I would rather have my interior look Great, and the outside look stock, Cause I will see the inside a lot more then the outside. (I also drive a hell of a lot. IT and Pizza Delivery.) I would myself get alumium, but thats me. I also would invest in comfy seats, the stocks are nice, but I would love to have much nicer ones. (Drive around the US sometime, you will see what I am talking about in your back)

mndthegap1 10-14-2005 02:04 PM

okay this is what i have or has been purchased w/n the past 2 weeks.

suspension :
ground controls
koni yellows
neuspeed upper front strut bar
neuspeed x-brace
tenzo upper rear strut bar
progress rear lower sway bar
spc camber kit rear

exterior mods that i got or had being put on :
evo style carbon fiber hood
carbon fiber eyelids
nsx vents
shaved doors
shaved trunk
molded "frenched" rear plate
molded 3 piece wing
bomex body kit
slr mirrors
sparco gas door
black housing headlights
H4 hid kit
wing doors
carbon fiber buddy club front splitter
carbon fiber buddy club side skirt defusers

engine"
dc sports header
dc sports intake
thermal rd exhaust
venom nitrous kit.

interior being
2 tone black/silver leather seats
2 tone black/silver floor mats
carbon fiber vinyl headliner
carbon fiber vinyl sunvisors

so i got pretty much all that covered allready.

yourinmyw0rld 10-14-2005 02:12 PM

fiberglass and paint

Da1lyDr1ver 10-14-2005 02:12 PM

not only can i NOT justify spending nearly $1700 on carbon fiber, but i also cant see why anyone (not just you in the list of items) can ever spend so much on a civic. i know its a hobby and what not, but its still gonna be a slow civic in the end.

i say, if you're gonna spend that kinda money, i'd at least get a swap...

es2k2 10-14-2005 02:36 PM

sounds like he just wants a carbon fiber car....

Boggie1688 10-14-2005 02:51 PM

Yea ... that list is ... crazy ... I don't understand how you could spend so much money on a civic ... ur car isn't going to be fast ... and I dunno how its going to look ... btw you might want to return some stuff .. those dc headers do nothing ... ask anyone ...

sweeteli99 10-14-2005 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Boggie1688
Yea ... that list is ... crazy ... I don't understand how you could spend so much money on a civic ... ur car isn't going to be fast ... and I dunno how its going to look ... btw you might want to return some stuff .. those dc headers do nothing ... ask anyone ...

it's called a show car, he never said he wanted to spend all the money to make his car FAST. all his mods are for cosmetic purposes only, why would he spend all that money on his car, and when judges (at a car show) look in his hood, they'll see a nasty STOCK engine bay...

his car had already been boosted btw, so please. no one say, i rather spend that $1700 on boost. he's been there, and done that.

his car was sweet before it was torn up by a shop, and it will be sweet once more.

mndthegap(or however it is spelled) - looks like you got the exterior back up, i'd do the carbon fiber interior, just don't let another shop screw you over. mad props to you man, if i were in your position, i would've said fvck it, and put my car back to stock, and keep it that way. you have lots of pride in your car i can tell. mad props to you man, and keep us updated with photos and progress of your car!:rockon:

mndthegap1 10-14-2005 03:10 PM

im not going for speed.
i have a gsxr-750 for that :)

its a hobby my wife and i share.
and just making a show car out of it, my wife and i like to go to alot of shows and better to be in it then spectate....
alot of it was through 2 sponsors.
some stuff was given to me by friends
other stuff was gotten from ebay.

yeah its alot of stuff but i really dont have a choice but to fix the mess its in now... so im just doing it and doing it right now.

sweeteli99 THANKS !!!
IT MEANS ALOT TO HAVE SOMEONE STAND BEHIND ME AND SAY STUFF LIKE THAT !!!!!!!

p5hnganthrday 10-14-2005 03:13 PM

So... You say you owe honda money?

You owe Honda money because you are leasing? or making payments (owning it)

If you "own" the car, then I can see why you are still modding it

but, if you are just leasing it and thinking about getting rid of it, wouldnt this all be a waste?

What exactly are you getting out of all of this?

sweeteli99 10-14-2005 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by mndthegap1
im not going for speed.
i have a gsxr-750 for that :)

its a hobby my wife and i share.
and just making a show car out of it, my wife and i like to go to alot of shows and better to be in it then spectate....
alot of it was through 2 sponsors.
some stuff was given to me by friends
other stuff was gotten from ebay.

yeah its alot of stuff but i really dont have a choice but to fix the mess its in now... so im just doing it and doing it right now.

JIXXER:_bow:

oh yeah, to answer the previous statement said by a couple of people: "why would anyone spend that much money on a civic" the answer is simple, its a hobby, and if you have money to do it, why not?

sweeteli99 10-14-2005 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by p5hnganthrday
but, if you are just leasing it and thinking about getting rid of it, wouldnt this all be a waste?

What exactly are you getting out of all of this?

why would someone leasing a car, go to extremes to modify the car, when in 3-4yrs they have to return it, and at factory spec.:lol: you should've thought about it before you posted that. and with that said, its obvious that he's still paying it off... (or so i hope, lol)

what is he getting out of this? nothing, but the satisfaction that he has overcome the obstacle that he has stumbled upon. he already answered that anyways, he goes to lots of shows, and its their hobby.

diskreet 10-14-2005 03:27 PM

i feel that if they MAKE you replacement parts out of c/f it justifies the cost but not for wraps!

p5hnganthrday 10-14-2005 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by sweeteli99
why would someone leasing a car, go to extremes to modify the car, when in 3-4yrs they have to return it, and at factory spec.:lol: you should've thought about it before you posted that. and with that said, its obvious that he's still paying it off... (or so i hope, lol)

what is he getting out of this? nothing, but the satisfaction that he has overcome the obstacle that he has stumbled upon. he already answered that anyways, he goes to lots of shows, and its their hobby.

FYI: People do mod their leased cars and return it back to normal before giving it back to the dealerships

That is why I asked both the questions, "are you leasing?" and "are you making payments to own it?"

If he is leasing, he is making a dumb choice because he mentioned in a previous thread that he owes $10k ? or/and he has to spend $10k to bring his car back to normal? So, he needs $10k or $20k? Would be dumb to spend $10k on parts/labor and then take it off and pay extra to make it stock again.

If he is going to own it, then sure, spend the extra money to make it look nice again but, I dont understand the point in spending so much money on a civic...

Look at all the modifications he has made to his car.

The list that he wrote out seems to be an easy $9k?

You know a civic costs roughly $16k + $9k + $10k (to make it normal again?)

think about it

I honestly dont know why he is even worrying about spending $1670 to have,

When he still owes money for the car

Keep in mind he asked for everyone opinion, this is mine

Again, sweeteli99, There are people that mod their leased cars (in case you didnt know)

sweeteli99 10-14-2005 03:52 PM

Again, sweeteli99, There are people that mod their leased cars (in case you didnt know)

judging from your post count, i can safely conclude that you are a noob.

think about it, why would he spend all this money doing permanent mods to his car (headlights, tail lights, MOLDING his spoiler, shaving handles, etc) if it was a lease.

lots of people lease their cars on this site, and mod it. but the furthest they get is i/h/e drop, body kit, rims. all those mods, easily uninstalled and returned back to stock.

i've been here longer than you have, and can easily conclude this isn't a car he is leasing.:lol:

and if he wants to spend $100k on his car, doesn't have the freedom to? afterall, it is HIS car... it's what he likes to do, it's wat makes him happy.

people spend way more money on other types of cars, not just civics. how about an ae86 for example, ~$1000 body, invest thousands into making it the perfect drift machine? is that not worth it...? its all a hobby.

and lets say he was leasing, and putting all this money into he, i'm sure he knows what a waste it will be in the end, because he'll have to spend all the money making the car look/feel like stock when he returns it. (unshaving handles, buying new bumpers, buying new interior, etc.)

its common sense, why would he do that? lol. anyways, i'm done with you. noob ;)

Black03civic 10-14-2005 03:53 PM

dude, if it makes you happy, then go for it. It must be cool to have a wife share the same hobby as you.

mndthegap1 10-14-2005 03:54 PM

FYI: People do mod their leased cars and return it back to normal before giving it back to the dealerships

That is why I asked both the questions, "are you leasing?" and "are you making payments to own it?"

If he is leasing, he is making a dumb choice because he mentioned in a previous thread that he owes $10k ? or/and he has to spend $10k to bring his car back to normal? So, he needs $10k or $20k? Would be dumb to spend $10k on parts/labor and then take it off and pay extra to make it stock again.

If he is going to own it, then sure, spend the extra money to make it look nice again but, I dont understand the point in spending so much money on a civic...

Look at all the modifications he has made to his car.

The list that he wrote out seems to be an easy $9k?

You know a civic costs roughly $16k + $9k + $10k (to make it normal again?)

think about it

I honestly dont know why he is even worrying about spending $1670 to have,

When he still owes money for the car

Keep in mind he asked for everyone opinion, this is mine

goes like this i owed honda money which was on a lease,which i was buying out anyway because i like the car and have been modding it for a few years now anyway , actually just paid off the car WOOT WOOT.... after the shop screwed me
the $10 grand is what it is costing me to get the car fixed after the shop ripped me off and screwed me, 10gs is for the body work, custom paint, and fix everything that was messed up.

Al Gore FTW 10-14-2005 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Da1lyDr1ver
not only can i NOT justify spending nearly $1700 on carbon fiber, but i also cant see why anyone (not just you in the list of items) can ever spend so much on a civic. i know its a hobby and what not, but its still gonna be a slow civic in the end.

i say, if you're gonna spend that kinda money, i'd at least get a swap...

if you learn how to drive, your car civic can be faster than a lot of other cars that have more power. not in a straight line though.

CrewChief 10-14-2005 03:56 PM

I say go for it. I have over 13k in my car now. most of it is in the engine and in the suspension but I think if you want to drop the money down do it. Everyone spends there money on somthing. be it cloths or shit for your house. Its all what your in to. I dont see a point in buying $1600 in clothes or games but most poeple do. If a show car is what your after then to be competitive you need to always push the limit. If you look at the car afterwards and say " hell ya" and you like it then it was money well spent. Some of us work our asses of everyday to earn the money we make. Why not spend it on somthing you want. Hell you could be dead tomorrow. Dont mind all the people that dont understand why you would spend that money on a civic. they obviously are not car enthusiest or they would never say that.

My 2 cents is do it and dont look back. You'll be happey you did and regret it if you dont.

sweeteli99 10-14-2005 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by CrewChief
My 2 cents is do it and dont look back. You'll be happey you did and regret it if you dont.

:rockon:

sweeteli99 10-14-2005 04:00 PM

btw, mndthegap1, what colour are you going to paint it?

p5hnganthrday 10-14-2005 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by sweeteli99
judging from your post count, i can safely conclude that you are a noob.

i've been here longer than you have, and can easily conclude this isn't a car he is leasing.:lol:

and if he wants to spend $100k on his car, doesn't have the freedom to? afterall, it is HIS car... it's what he likes to do, it's wat makes him happy.

its common sense, why would he do that? lol. anyways, i'm done with you. noob ;)

So.. Because of my post count I' am a "noob" on a forum. Great, I dont really give a shit, and I' am glad you feel superior that you believe you have been on here longer. But, actually you are wrong... Ever have the thought that I' am an old member here that left cause of ****s like you? If you have been around so long you would have known that he was actually leasing his car. Notice the post he just made about him leasing it? So, when I was around, he was actually leasing it. Now that I' am back, I see that he mentions that he has now paid for it (smart decision).

I never said he cant spend any money on his car... I was just throwing out numbers to him so that hopefully he will notice how much money he is spending on his civic and maybe make smarter decisions. Have you ever bought something and regretted it? I believe thats a reason to why he created this thread because he is confused about this idea.

"common sense" - If he really wanted the CF he would have done it and not ask and of us for our opinions

He asked for everyones opinion on his CF idea... IMO, Its a waste of money and not even that great of a mod to have.

I dont know of any internet terms to call you but, have a great night and realize that there is life past the internet and this forum

Originally Posted by mndthegap1
the $10 grand is what it is costing me to get the car fixed after the shop ripped me off and screwed me, 10gs is for the body work, custom paint, and fix everything that was messed up.

so.. is this all only costing you $10k w/mods? or... $20k w/mods?

Glad to see you got your car back... Sorry that all of this had to have happened to you.