Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

+++ Ctr Lights +++ updated pg 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
+++ Ctr Lights +++ updated pg 2

Ok ive been wanting to do this FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! and now since i had a few extra headlights sittin around and i finally had some time on my hands i did it!!!

Its my home made CTR conversion for the 01-03 headlights

For those who dont know what the CTR (civic type r) city lights look like, heres a few pics, its where ur headlights are, but its not ur headlights that are on, usually used at dusk and dawn

well

heres what i got so far, this was me this morning taking the reg gunmetal'ed out headligths off, and then putting my new blacked out CTR wannabes in .

early in the morning with dew still on the ride

bumper and lights off

had to make sure all lights and wiring was done right before bumper went back on.

and done!

I dont have any night shots of them in the car yet, being i just put them in this morning, however, while i was putting them together, i was able to get a few snaps, they arent the best, but a lil peek of what the'll look like

Last edited by 02civic_rida; 09-24-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-24-2005

K20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the roughK20me is a jewel in the rough
Nice city lights.
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

JCiv03 is on a distinguished road
Oh my, that's fugin awsome!! Post more pics when you can!
Old 09-24-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
That's crap, you stole my idea...

lol j/k. Nice work bro!
Old 09-24-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
very nice
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about
u should make a DIY for this for sure. i wanna try this thats sick!!!
Old 09-24-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
did you just retro in some clear 194 bulbs and wire to parking light? Seems the hardest part would be drilling holes and mounting, which means headlights come off.
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

DBDIJON is an unknown quantity at this point
Is that any different than daytime running lights with your parklights also on?
What's the point? Also why go though all the wok of removing your headlights and not pull out the orange reflector peice? The JDM lights do look cool though.
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

Black03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura aboutBlack03civic has a spectacular aura about
thats a great diy
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about
DIY!!! DIY!!! DIY!!!
Old 09-24-2005
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by gearbox
did you just retro in some clear 194 bulbs and wire to parking light? Seems the hardest part would be drilling holes and mounting, which means headlights come off.
yup drilling was easy but u have to do real real good to fit the socket in so that u dont have leaking problems, u could silocone them on but i made it so that its easy if i have to replace bulbs.

Thanx everyone! and yea i never said it was hard at all, it was very easy.... and w
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
That's crap, you stole my idea...

lol j/k. Nice work bro!

ur idea? hahahaha nice try, i'd do it for urs but u said ur gettin rid of the ride

Originally Posted by Alex1
u should make a DIY for this for sure. i wanna try this thats sick!!!
thanx mang!!! i'll try and do a DIY for ya guys.

Originally Posted by DBDIJON
Is that any different than daytime running lights with your parklights also on?
What's the point? Also why go though all the wok of removing your headlights and not pull out the orange reflector peice? The JDM lights do look cool though.
first question, its not a daytime runnign light i have it so its only on with my parking lights, and then when my headlight goes on, it turns off. second question, the point is i wanted to do it, and it wasnt much work at all, i have extra headlights hangin around the house, the project took me a total of 1 hour all toghether, the first day took em apart *they were already painted from when i painted them before* drilled holes, cleaned out and that took like 10 minutes for each, then sealed them together, let them dry that night, then this morning i took my ohter lights out of car and put new ones in. and i didnt have to pull the amber piece out, had nothing to do with that.

thanx again everyone!!! im waiting for it to get dark!!

Last edited by 02civic_rida; 09-24-2005 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-24-2005
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
nice roof, it looks black....good lights too
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

^^^ yea roof is black. thanx mang.
Old 09-24-2005
Proud to be a civic owner

es2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
like your first pic...
good lighting!
Old 09-24-2005
Premium Member

imo city lights and fogs are a bit too much. but i guess the fogs don't have to be on. If I did mine, i would have those 2x brighter raybrig clear 194 in there.
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

ok, well its saturday night so its time to go party, but i wanted to get a few quick pics for everyone, sorry they are lame pics, but u'll get the idea. thanx again everyone!!!! and in person they are soooo nuts!!! i luv em, im sooooo in <3!!!!

and yea for those who are thinking.. yes i have it right now so that i can control the city light, just because i wanted to see how it looks like first, i have it set up to a relay so that it comes on with my marking lights, but then goes off when HIDs are on.
Old 09-24-2005
Premium Member

wow that looks good
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

juzthewy will become famous soon enoughjuzthewy will become famous soon enough
yo that is sooooo sick i love it i wanted to do it w/ 194's in yellow. i love this kids car omg its jdm style sex lmao
Old 09-24-2005
Fiji Club Member

HondaGuy12 is on a distinguished road
yeah looks good props!
Old 09-24-2005
Life is better with 5lug

HondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to allHondaKorn is a name known to all
nice homie...i got somenew stuff commin too.....
Old 09-25-2005

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
that car looks familiar lol. looking good bro
Old 09-25-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
that looks freakin eerie...nice can u make a DIY and what parts would be needed i wanna do it to my 04 in the main headlight portion
Old 09-25-2005
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
make a DIY!! major rep for you if you do. Thatd be siiick!!

Diggin the lights!

btw....are those the kong hurry's? If so....17s?
Old 09-25-2005

They are PG-5S in 17;s, from Velox, on 215-45's =)
Old 09-25-2005
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice
thats a clean ride homie...
Old 09-25-2005
Boosted 04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
joshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nice
****in pimp
Old 09-25-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
They are PG-5S in 17;s, from Velox, on 215-45's =)
thanx bro, and yup thats what they are

thanx again everyone!!!

U can expect a DIY just give me a lil, prob be a week or so to do it, got stuff to do here and there, and gettin my clutch put on and prob coilies commin in this week and some other gooodies

i'll also post some other better pics through out the week.
Old 09-25-2005
Registered!!

sOMEdUDE is an unknown quantity at this point
i really like your garage....and car too!!!
Old 09-26-2005
For the love of House Music... Defected.com

05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough05_ CivicJDM is a jewel in the rough
That $hit looks sweet!!! I'd like to do that in my 05'.

Quick Reply: +++ Ctr Lights +++ updated pg 2