Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Update on Page 2: Got rid of the Civic

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evopanop is an unknown quantity at this point
Update on Page 2: Got rid of the Civic

Well, people, the time has come to finally get rid of the 'Vic... and I need to get a work truck. After selling the 'Vic I'll have about $3k to put down on a truck... so what do you guys think I should get? I can't make up my mind... but I was leaning towards the new Chevy Colorado, just because they're pretty good looking and pretty capable, as well.

So, what do you guys think I should get?

Oh, forgot to mention... I really want one that's 4x4, and it would preferably need to be a crew cab/4-door... and it's gonna have to be White, lol.

Update: I already got the truck, please see my latest post at the top of page 2.

Last edited by evopanop; 10-10-2005 at 05:46 AM.
Old 09-23-2005
Registered!!

joelwastaken is an unknown quantity at this point
Get a tacoma or if you got 30k to blow get a ridgeline.
Old 09-23-2005
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Ridgeline's are sick. My buddy works for Honda and had one as a demo so we took it out for a spin... man, that truck is solid.
Old 09-23-2005
Registered!!

pimpc is an unknown quantity at this point
get a f-250 turbo diesle if you can afford it......more resonable get a f-150 crew cab
Old 09-23-2005
Registered!!

GEn0CiDe is an unknown quantity at this point
get a lightning. =P
Old 09-24-2005
The blackbeauty ES1.

jhonsok is an unknown quantity at this point
Ridgeline ? lol. ok i love that car for what it is, and it is NOT a worktruck..its a city truck.
Toyota trucks are nice however maybe its better to get a diesel truck, the way gas is and stuff, like a F-150 Crew Cab. !
Old 09-24-2005

Eh, I don't really want a huge honkin' work truck.. just something mid-sized.. and it doesn't need to be diesel.. and actually, would prolly preferably be gas.

I've been lookin' at the Frontier NISMO Crew Cab.. and I really like it a lot, it's just pretty pricey is the only problem. But, then again, anything that's equipped like that thing, is probably gonna run about the same... about $30k.
I was looking at the Tacoma... but it doesn't really do much for me, especially compared to the Frontier. I do like the Colorado, however, except for the fact that it seems to be severely underpowered with it's 5-cyl. The Ford Ranger is definitely out of the question... just because of the fact that I simply don't like them, lol.

So, I guess right now I'm really leaning towards the Frontier... the only problem I may, or may not, have is with it being about $30k, and the fact that when it comes to work trucks people tend to be biased and lean towards American-made... especially nowadays, I would think... I just don't want to be "judged" because I drive an import truck, lol.
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

dtexan is an unknown quantity at this point
I just traded in my 05 frontier crew cab last week. They rock great trucks with way more power than the colorado. I really like the truck but with gas prices a civic was a better choice for me. I had an 05 SE crew cab 2wd with the 6-speed manual I think I paid around 22k for it. Awesome truck for the money
Old 09-24-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by evopanop
ESo, I guess right now I'm really leaning towards the Frontier... the only problem I may, or may not, have is with it being about $30k, and the fact that when it comes to work trucks people tend to be biased and lean towards American-made... especially nowadays, I would think... I just don't want to be "judged" because I drive an import truck, lol.

Yeah, I know a few people that have told workers that drive up in a toyota or something to just leave before they even got to the house. It's stupid IMO, but there are people out there that will toss you out just because you have a non-American truck.

What about a Dakota? those are some the biggest mid-size trucks around and if you need power you can get them with with V8, although the V6 has plenty of power too. I need a V8 to pull a horse trailer, and I've seen plenty of Dakota's pulling horse trailers. I like them if you're looking for a smaller truck that needs to have a little more power.
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

bdizzle is an unknown quantity at this point
What kind of work do you plan on doing with the truck? i deliver newspapers and my coworker has an 05 frontier nismo . it ate threw brake pads like crazy. the dealership checked and replaced the rotors and brakepads once and won't do it anymore. maybe something in the design of the brake system is flawed. but if you plan on doing a lot of stop and go stuff, plan on buying a lot of brake pads if you go with the frontier.
Old 09-24-2005

sw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the roughsw388integra is a jewel in the rough
you better keep the vic! gas mileage....My s2000 gets decent gas mileage but it's just so hard to stay outta the ve-tac!!!! wish i would kept my 7th gen as a beater...
Old 09-24-2005

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
You will got through brakes on ANY truck you buy. You can't expect to stop 5,000-6,000 lbs with the same amount of braking as a civic

My F150's front rims are black after about 2000 miles, major pain.
Old 09-24-2005

Originally Posted by sw388integra
you better keep the vic! gas mileage....My s2000 gets decent gas mileage but it's just so hard to stay outta the ve-tac!!!! wish i would kept my 7th gen as a beater...

Yeah it is hard to stay out of VTEC with my GSR too.
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

steak84ss will become famous soon enoughsteak84ss will become famous soon enough
GO w/ TOYOTA!! The Colorado got HORRIBLE reviews. I remember the show I was watching test drove it and the damn hood shook at high-way speeds....LOL. I kinda like the Nissan Frontier but the bed on those w/ the crew cab is really short.
Old 09-24-2005
Registered!!

ciVictoria will become famous soon enoughciVictoria will become famous soon enough
F-150!
Old 10-10-2005

Well everyone, I finally did it. Went down to the local Nissan dealership and traded in the 'Vic. I got a '05 Nissan Frontier SE V6 King Cab. It's pretty well loaded, automatic, White with Tan interior, all the good stuff... I love it! I'll try to post some pics of it tomorrow at some point.
Old 10-10-2005
I brake for hairy Hawaiian midgets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
manahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond reputemanahoonie has a reputation beyond repute
the colorados are nice. one of my friend's has/had one (he got a bike now, but i think he still has the truck), andit seemed to be able to get the job done, and not be too big a truck. btw, i was able to work with him at a camp that's in the middle of no where, and it held up perfectly!
Old 10-10-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
go with a tacoma they are meteor proof
Old 10-10-2005

Guys, I already got the truck. Read my post at the top of this page.
Old 10-10-2005
Banned

01redJDM is on a distinguished road
u made a good choice, however I would have gone with a Ridgeline thats just me tho
Old 10-10-2005
I drive a jeep to compensate for my tiny pee pee

Blue_Honda_Civ will become famous soon enoughBlue_Honda_Civ will become famous soon enough
nice choice
Old 10-10-2005

edicivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by evopanop
Guys, I already got the truck. Read my post at the top of this page.
where is page 2? where are the pics?
Old 10-10-2005

Originally Posted by 01redJDM
u made a good choice, however I would have gone with a Ridgeline thats just me tho
I do love the Ridgelines, as well... except they're closer to $30k, and I got this truck for $20k out the door. If I was going to spend upwards of $30k on the truck, I'd probably get a Titan anyway.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I'll try to post some pics at some point today, as soon as I get a chance.
Old 10-10-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
I say get either a chevy colorado, toyota tacoma, or mitzubishi raider

colorado:

tacoma:

Raider:
Old 10-10-2005

Originally Posted by PunkingCivic
I say get either a chevy colorado, toyota tacoma, or mitzubishi raider

colorado:

tacoma:

Raider:
Please see my posts #16, #19 and #23. Oh, and the Raider is UGLY. lol
Old 10-10-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
what ever
Old 10-10-2005

Here are the pictures, as promised:

I hope you all like it... I know I do.
Old 10-10-2005
I sure wish my car was newer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of lightwhite2K2EX is a glorious beacon of light
Looks nice. That's one of the few trucks I'd buy/drive.

Personally though, I'd try to get painted bumpers and a roll pan. Is that possible with a Frontier? (I mean as a dealeroption or aftermarket possibility.)
Old 10-10-2005

Originally Posted by white2K2EX
Looks nice. That's one of the few trucks I'd buy/drive.

Personally though, I'd try to get painted bumpers and a roll pan. Is that possible with a Frontier? (I mean as a dealeroption or aftermarket possibility.)
Thanks for the kind words, white2K2EX!

As far as I know, Nissan doesn't offer anything like that. I know Street Scene has a rollpan for the 05+ Frontier... but there aren't any front bumpers out yet... that I know of, at least.

In any case, I'm not quite sure yet if I want to do anything at all to it. After the hassle that I had to go through with my Civic, even with it just slightly modified... I don't think I want to go through the trouble again. We'll see, though.
Old 10-10-2005

edicivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
yep, its nice.

way to go.

Quick Reply: Update on Page 2: Got rid of the Civic