Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

just installed my revo SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Talking just installed my revo SS

omg im so happy. first thanx to alpinecivic for selling it to me. second capyoda and grey for both upgrade kits. ok this thing took me 2 hours from begginning to undo the console to putting the console back on perfectly. i did everything slow on purpose. the thing that took longest was filing down the little bearings from greys kit so i could fit the cotter pin. i went and test drove it and its soooo sweet. and my JDM shifter **** isn't confused anymore! the R wasn't where 1st is. 1st is where 1st should be .

Pros- shorter, faster shifts
cons- not as smooth as stock. and yes, the shifter is lubricated. thats about it. i still need to get used to it, but im sure i will get over the one con. lol. yay!
NEXT MOD- eyelids from gearbox.
after that_ i don't know yet. any suggestions? im stock besides that and a strut bar.
Old 09-20-2005
Abercrombie and Fitch

joescivic02 is on a distinguished road
wtf? gearbox is gettin rid of his eyelids? why? they look so good on his car
Old 09-20-2005

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by joescivic02
hello, yes, cause im buying them, they will look just as good on mine.
Old 09-20-2005
Registered!!

Hayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of lightHayz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by joescivic02
gearbox changes something on his car just about everyday.......lol
Old 09-20-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
what did you get from capyoda and grey?
any pics of all this?
Old 09-20-2005

Originally Posted by ncirom2003
what did you get from capyoda and grey?
any pics of all this?
CAPYODA- Percise shifter kit- it comes up as a banner ad every once in a while up top when you load up a page here. this is 8 aluminum bushings that replace stock rubber bushings. im keeping the stock shifter, so i bought those so i wouldn't have to get the bushings out of the stock one.
GREY- got 2 E-clips 2 cotter pins and 2 metal bushings that go on the shifter itself to make it stiffer. believe me its stiffer
caps was 16 shipped
greys was 7 shipped
and it was worth it to keep stock stuff. pics are not possible cause i don't feel like taking apart my console anymore. ask grey and capyoda.
Old 10-18-2005
Registered!!

symmetry is an unknown quantity at this point
I have to agree, I did mine at about the same time as you did yours and with capyoda and grey's upgrades the whole thing is Well worth the money. The car is twice as fun to drive now.
Old 10-18-2005

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Ok, I realize the thread is 3 weeks old...but my s.s is OBX. I've heard of complaints over OBX parts before, and to be honest sometimes when I shift hard, it gets stuck..eventually it comes to the next gear, but I hate it when that happens..plus, itis not safe when driving of course..
Do you guys have that problem with the Revo one, or is it that Grey's and Cp.Yoda's DIYs fixes this problem?
Old 10-18-2005

capyodays kit is just metal bushings that replace the rubber ones on the stock shifter assembley. i didn't feel like using the stock bushings so i got that. greys kit has these e clips, 2 cotter pins to replaces the ones you rip out, and these 2 bearings that fit into the shifter weld. ill post pics of the stock one where these bearings go. dang, i thought i installed that thing a good month ago at least. o well. what is the problem exactly cubanmike? the sticky of the stick? i don't know, its happened to me stock shifter before. i just pull it back to neutral, and let the clutch go and try again.
Old 10-22-2005
Registered!!

IceVic05 is an unknown quantity at this point
i heard ss will eventually screw up your ratios... any knowledge about that??
-Kel
Old 10-22-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
i just installed mine also with both upgrade kits from capyoda and grey, i gotta say it was a HUGE difference and really makes you quicker (theres almost no downtime between shifts)

icevic05, thats not possible. shortening the shift rod does not make the gears inside the transmission shrink in size, because that is the only way to change your ratios is change the gears inside.
Old 10-24-2005
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
nice man...im gonna get one soon and i needa get greys and capyodas kits...ill hit u up about it +rep for u