Hit and run...I guess... - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2005   #1
Mr. Clean

Changu-San can only hope to improve
Hit and run...I guess...

I was out fishing with my dad and some of my friends this past weekend. Anyways, I took the civic cause there wasnt enough room in my dad's truck plus he was dragging the boat. I parked on top of the road where all the other cars without trailers parked. Well...about 5-6 hours later I came back and my whole front was f**ked. The truck in front of me probly backed up into my car. Anyways...I just wanted to share a couple pics before the adjuster comes out today and does his thing...he should be here any minute now...

Damages: major damage done to hood, front bumper scratched, both headlights deeply scratched, driver side fender has a dent, front lip is cracked, passenger side fender is scratched, the top of the grill in scratched, and the little latch and the frame that holds the hood is twisted. I got an estimate and it was about $3000! This was at one of the best shop in Fresno. They're Dupont certified and their bodywork and paintjobs are life-time warrantied! For some reason I have become a regular customer...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	driver.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	60119   Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	60122  

Last edited by Changu-San; 09-20-2005 at 05:38 PM.
Changu-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #2
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
that freakin sucks
dirtySAMURAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #3
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
looks like someone with big a** (elefant maybe?) sat on your hood. One could get to sit inside your car, so one had to be sitting on the outside.
No madness, just trying to cheer you up!
Hopefuly everything will be ok.
03-Acura-1.7-EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #4
Registered!!

four twenty is an unknown quantity at this point
you gonna replace it with OEM or are you gonna get a CF hoody with some black housed headlights?
four twenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #5
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
time to go hunting. That really sucks man
Valdeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #6
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
man that realy sucks hope everything works out 4 u
mugenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #7
Registered!!

prccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
ouch...that sucks man...same thing happened to my bros 2000 ex...Lifted truck backed right into his car...same sort of damages...i will find the pics and post them
prccivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #8
Registered!!

sCoTtEh is an unknown quantity at this point
i guess this means you can get a cf hood ;]
sCoTtEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005   #9
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
its people who do stuff like that and drive off that really **** me off more than anything else. no respect for other peoples stuff.
Ashhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #10
Mr. Clean

this really sucks...but i have great coverage so im not trippin. i was actually planning of painting the headlights and getting some stickier tires the next day, but now i guess ill have to wait til it gets out of the shop. i just ordered my carbon hood yesterday from a local shop, oem fog lights from handa and the yellow lamin-x filter paper from their site. Imma have the carbon hood painted to match the rest of the car though...im not much into carbon fiber, only doing it cause the hood is free. ill post some pics when it gets out of the shop.
Old 09-21-2005   #11

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
make sure that your adjuster knows that you were not in the vehicle when this happend. an unoccupied accident wont affect you as much as just a not at fault accident.
soonercivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #12
Registered!!

jfan is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't understand how people have the ***** to just walk away from personally causing damage like that.
jfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #13
I just burnt my tongue

ragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really niceragingSPAM is just really nice
ouch...guess its time for that cf hood and lip...damn that sux man
ragingSPAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #14
Mr. Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercivic
make sure that your adjuster knows that you were not in the vehicle when this happend. an unoccupied accident wont affect you as much as just a not at fault accident.
Thanks. I gave a very detailed report when I filed my claim over the internet.

Last edited by Changu-San; 09-21-2005 at 02:11 AM.
Old 09-21-2005   #15
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

bamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of lightbamb00 is a glorious beacon of light
so...nothing happend to the truck in front of you?
bamb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #16
Mr. Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo
so...nothing happend to the truck in front of you?
I dont know. It was 5-6 hours later and when I got back to my car most of the cars were gone, including the truck that was in front of me.
Old 09-21-2005   #17
Registered!!

jameStype is an unknown quantity at this point
they were probably drinking too many beers while fishing and didn't pay attention. that really sucks man. hope your insurance is kind to you.
jameStype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005   #18
omgwtfbbq mod.

spoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to allspoonEM is a name known to all
time for a carbon fiber hood! haha
spoonEM is offline   Reply With Quote